Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

this was posted in my local clubs auto detailing section- which pretty much is only posts from me but I guess they listen....

"Tried my first nattys products today
    After swearing by Meguiars products for years, i broke down and bought a jar of nattys paste wax. I spent the better part of the day polishing the car before applying the nattys wax. All i can say now is wow, ill never use Meguiars again. The depth of color and shine was amazing. Ill use nothing else but poorboy products from now on! "

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    nice. that loos SO much better!
    I agree. Now it just needs lowered a bit to get rid of that wheel gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    I agree. Now it just needs lowered a bit to get rid of that wheel gap.
    I wouldn`t consider taking it down a notch and sacraficing ride quality. It looks great in my old fart opinion.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I wouldn`t consider taking it down a notch and sacraficing ride quality. It looks great in my old fart opinion.
    True, but I`m not going to go coil over low, just a 1-1.5" drop. But I may wait until the struts need replaced first.

Post Thanks / Like

Fusion is $50 again at Wolfgang car care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    this was posted in my local clubs auto detailing section- which pretty much is only posts from me but I guess they listen....

"Tried my first nattys products today
    After swearing by Meguiars products for years, i broke down and bought a jar of nattys paste wax. I spent the better part of the day polishing the car before applying the nattys wax. All i can say now is wow, ill never use Meguiars again. The depth of color and shine was amazing. Ill use nothing else but poorboy products from now on! "
    Agreed with what he said but only for waxes and stuff, however the one-two punch of Meg`s M101/LC CCS Orange and M205/LC CCS White is still the standard, I have no need to walk away from that combo. Upon applying BnB, I realized that Meg`s D163 still can`t be beat either. I love it. Who am I kidding, I love Meg`s and will until the day I die, however for LSP work, Poorboy`s is pretty stout.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Heh heh, I simply chuckle whenever somebody tries something new and categorically turns away from an entire product line that they had used previously. What, he tries a certain LSP so now nothing Meguiar`s makes is any good?!?

Nautical- You guys who can sacrifice Ground Clearance for handling and looks simply kill me! I can`t even use the S8 (not that low) as a Daily Driver (heh heh, if I wanted to ) because it`s too low and the 35-series tires don` cushion the rims enough for roads where it`s all potholes and there`s no undamaged area to swerve to. My wife and I keep sharing the Crown Vic and the Tahoe as they have clearance and thick sidewalls. [INSERT rant about infrastructure...]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    My wife and I keep sharing the Crown Vic and the Tahoe as they have clearance and thick sidewalls. [INSERT rant about infrastructure...]
    Nuttin will be done. Nancy`s Pelosi`s Capitol Police, Police Tahoe has those "special" tires, both the one in DC and the one in CA.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they ran the Run-Flat Inserts with just regular (albeit high-spec) tires. Some Agencies use `em, that`s how I learned about such stuff (ah the things you can learn during breaks in training if you ask the right people the right questions ). The Inserts make for some *very* challenging balancing, still have the ones from my Yukon XLD stashed away somewhere...

The cop-spec Goodyears on the Crown Vic are utterly *TERRIBLE* in the wet, can`t wait to wear `em out and fit Michelins. But they won`t blow out no matter what we hit so they have their advantages too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Nautical- You guys who can sacrifice Ground Clearance for handling and looks simply kill me! I can`t even use the S8 (not that low) as a Daily Driver (heh heh, if I wanted to ) because it`s too low and the 35-series tires don` cushion the rims enough for roads where it`s all potholes and there`s no undamaged area to swerve to. My wife and I keep sharing the Crown Vic and the Tahoe as they have clearance and thick sidewalls. [INSERT rant about infrastructure...]
    If I still lived in Ohio, I`d agree about the potholes, but down here I haven`t had to worry about them. And the lowering is more for looks than handling at this point. The car already handles great, but there are no curvy roads to take advantage of that here, and I don`t know that I`ll be tracking it any time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to part with a few boxes, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, looks like my house before each trip to the recycling place Seems I spend a lot of time flattening boxes!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

I just figured out my new house costs as much as 15mls of Stelara (anti-psoriasis interleukin blocker injectable medication)....

In case you don`t know how much 15 mls is - it`s one tablespoon (retail cost ~ $350k).

Just to compare, a similar amount of gold (about 1/2 ounce) is about $700.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I just figured out my new house cost as much as 15mls of Stelara (anti-psoriasis interleukin blocker injectable medication)....

In case you don`t know how much 15 mls is - it`s one tablespoon (retail cost ~ $350k).

Just to compare, a similar amount of gold (about 1/2 ounce) is about $700.

Almost as rare as sumatriptan nasal spray right now..........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Almost as rare as sumatriptan nasal spray right now..........
    Lolz. I just gave that out yesterday. Lady was confused...She got the 6 pack and thought she was supposed to use all 6 for one migraine. Good thing I schooled her.

Page 69 of 216 FirstFirst ... 195556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283119169 ... LastLast

Thread Information