Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

I`ve been thinking about tinting my windows here in Georgia. Georgia has laws that differ based on whether you drive a car or SUV. On a SUV you can use any darkness of tint on the rear and back windows where on cars and the front SUV Windows you have to allow 32 percent of the light in. Now how the heck do the local yokels know what percentage of the light comes into the car? Do they have a light meter or something? Around here they use any reason they can think of to pull you over and search your car. The tint law is used regularly. Do people in other states get hassled like this or is this just a Georgia thing? Very random thoughts.
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I was watching some retro SpiderMan cartons and the episode was called "The Peril of Parafino" a self-declared "wax master". He also uses a "thin coat of wax"

Just reminded me of Ronkh and Accumulator LOL

Here`s the video at that part (3:35min in)
    Yeah, his sidekick was - Momo- Zaino - right ?? thin coats...
    Dan F
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I`ve been thinking about tinting my windows here in Georgia. Georgia has laws that differ based on whether you drive a car or SUV. On a SUV you can use any darkness of tint on the rear and back windows where on cars and the front SUV Windows you have to allow 32 percent of the light in. Now how the heck do the local yokels know what percentage of the light comes into the car? Do they have a light meter or something? Around here they use any reason they can think of to pull you over and search your car. The tint law is used regularly. Do people in other states get hassled like this or is this just a Georgia thing? Very random thoughts.
    Amigo !
    I have already been through that hassle and even went to court for having tint on my front windows of a Chevy truck. It wasnt even very dark tint either..

Was going to a Scouting Awards program at Church, dressed in a white shirt, suit and tie...

If the undercover Sheriff had not been such a dork about this, I might have just gave up and pulled it off and paid the fine for going by him 2 miles over the speed limit.. (47mph)

But, since he was the ultimate, arrogant, Tool of the world - I went to court with my Attorney, and handed the Assistant DA a 50 page copy of a court case in California where an interstate 18wheeler trucker was pulled over for having tint on his side windows..

The trucker`s lawyer took it all the way to the state supreme court, where they ruled that busting this man out for tinted windows is a hindrance to Interstate Commerce Act, etc., and he got to keep his tint..

The Asst DA read the first couple pages of this file and looked at me and said - Never Mind - and I just walked out before they called my docket number..
    Didnt remove my tint, (which is really a pain in the butt to do) the world was now a better place...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

i got limo on top of the factory tint on my frontier (all the back windows)
    35 up front (legal)

back can be painted black for all Texas cares

you can`t see in my rear windows in broad daylight - at all
    I like it

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They have meters that will tell them. That`s how I found out I had 13% tint on one of my camaros ha.

And I miss having the dark tint on the back. Backing up wasn`t terrible as long as you were aware of your surroundings. But I only had it to hide my system, now it`s not worth the hassle of having extremely dark tint (at least it wasn`t in Ohio).

Post Thanks / Like

At least it`s 32%, here in Montreal, it`s 80% and the glass itself blocks around 12% of light due to reflectivity not to mention the glass itself isn`t perfectly transparent. I`d be willing to bet a dirty window wouldn`t let 80% of the light in.

I`ve tinted the front windows to only let in 20% of light (not accounting for the glass) on every car I`ve owned except my SRT. My old trick was to drive with the windows down all the time or roll them down when a cop pulls up next to me.

Never got ticketed but I was warned when crossing the border every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    ..it`s not worth the hassle of having extremely dark tint (at least it wasn`t in Ohio).
    My current Crown Vic has, uhm....pretty dark tint. Slightly lighter in front, but...well, let`s just say I`m glad the car and I generally come across as LE-friendly.

It was tinted when I got it (DOJ car out of TX) and I *think* it was legal at the time of purchase (grandfathered in?), yeah it looks cool, but honestly my aging eyes find it a bit dark and I`m toying with the idea of installing some brighter reverse lights and also cornering lights (off a Grand Marquis) just to compensate.

Stokdgs- Ah, good story there, I`ll keep it in mind should I ever get cited. A pal of mine has gotten off by taking it to court too, not sure if she just charmed the Judge or what, but she got to keep the tint and he threw out her ticket too.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

The Asst DA read the first couple pages of this file and looked at me and said - Never Mind - and I just walked out before they called my docket number..

Dan F
    I was pulled over not too long ago - in uniform (LEO) headed to work - and STILL received a citation! It probably didn`t help that I stated "Same team Farva!" when he said he was going to cite me, lmao.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the F1 Pinnacle 35% on my Accord. Happy with it but wish it was darker. I just don`t wanna deal with the hassle. I do have 80% on my windshield, though- not that you would notice it. Does just enough to reduce some glare.

Post Thanks / Like

picked a bad day to bring the SRT to work (rear tires don`t exactly shed water very well)

they said 20% chance of rain so of course the sky is dark and its pouring cats and dogs outside

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

so the decision makers at work have decided all claims representatives should be judged strictly but this new metric system they have devised...which, by the way lacks BOTH internal and external validity (i.e. it doesn`t accurately capture what its trying to measure, and the results cannot be replicated properly in other cases)

those are only pretty much the two basic validity controls any statistical measurement should have

hmm- this starts Monday and I`m considering letting them borrow my `intro to stats` book

would it be too hard to hire someone who has a masters degree with a focus on quantitative statistics - I mean, hell, I ALREADY work there, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Most Honest Viper Craigslist Ad Ever
    ^^^ the most honest viper review ever ^^^

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons, Bunky liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    so the decision makers at work have decided all claims representatives should be judged strictly but this new metric system they have devised...which, by the way lacks BOTH internal and external validity (i.e. it doesn`t accurately capture what its trying to measure, and the results cannot be replicated properly in other cases)

those are only pretty much the two basic validity controls any statistical measurement should have

hmm- this starts Monday and I`m considering letting them borrow my `intro to stats` book

would it be too hard to hire someone who has a masters degree with a focus on quantitative statistics - I mean, hell, I ALREADY work there, lol
    They have a similar system where I used to work, called an LOE Chart(level of effort). It seemed so shady, so I investigated how they were gathering my points and found flaws that I ended up bringing up to management`s attention because they couldn`t even catch simple errors. Later on ,the favored employees were not getting as many points, so they revised it and took away the ability to gain points from certain activities that was allowing others to catch up with them.

Gotta love corporate work places full of "clicks" and favoritism regardless of work ethic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    They have a similar system where I used to work, called an LOE Chart(level of effort). It seemed so shady, so I investigated how they were gathering my points and found flaws that I ended up bringing up to management`s attention because they couldn`t even catch simple errors. Later on ,the favored employees were not getting as many points, so they revised it and took away the ability to gain points from certain activities that was allowing others to catch up with them.

Gotta love corporate work places full of "clicks" and favoritism regardless of work ethic.
    I spend the least time on the phone and get the most done out of the 12 people on my team.

Work smarter, not harder right?

Their metrics will show I`m simultaneously the worst and best person in that department, which humors me a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Today is National Drive Your Corvette To Work Day

July 1 Is National Drive Your Corvette Day | GM Authority
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 65 of 216 FirstFirst ... 155152535455565758596061626364656667686970717273747576777879115165 ... LastLast

Thread Information