Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

I think I should send my resume to Facebook

their stats department is all jacked up

it cracks me up- when I post something on my business fb it always tells me "your post is doing 85 or 88 % better than any of the previous posts" and tries to sell me ad space

well it just told me my last post (which was actually one of the least followed/viewed ones) was performing better than 95% of my previous posts

lol

perhaps I missed that lesson in my 12 hours of graduate school level Quantitative Statistics

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I think I should send my resume to Facebook

their stats department is all jacked up

it cracks me up- when I post something on my business fb it always tells me "your post is doing 85 or 88 % better than any of the previous posts" and tries to sell me ad space

well it just told me my last post (which was actually one of the least followed/viewed ones) was performing better than 95% of my previous posts

lol

perhaps I missed that lesson in my 12 hours of graduate school level Quantitative Statistics
    does everything you post on your FB business` timeline show up on your followers feed? or does FB select randomly which ones show and which do not?

I`m going to find your page and "like/follow" it and see if everything you post shows on my feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    does everything you post on your FB business` timeline show up on your followers feed? or does FB select randomly which ones show and which do not?

I`m going to find your page and "like/follow" it and see if everything you post shows on my feed.
    from what I heard in the past (someone posted on here and it makes sense) --- if you comment on a post you are more likely to see more of the feed (to avoid overwhelming your page with a million different updates all the time I guess)

so I took that as a suggestion to find ways to have people comment on posts, so I started holding giveaways where you have to post a picture...now all I have is like the same 3 people entering and winning all kinds of cool stuff, haha

I have no idea how it actually works

but I can tell you, that last post DID NOT perform better than ANY post I have made in the past several months

I feel bad for the morons who actually believe that and pay FB money (most advertised statistics are generally wrong across the board everywhere anyways) your general stat display lacks external and internal validity ..that`s why I laugh at statistics for the most part (let me see your Methodology, sample size and raw computations including margins of error AND then I will tell you if its valid or not)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post

I know for a fact everything I post on mine doesn`t show up on my follower`s feed all the time. my wife likes and shares everything I post and I recently discovered there`s all kinds of posts she never saw
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

those three people definitely see my posts sooner because they always like them within about 10-20 mins of posting, which makes me believe they are seeing them quickly

It`s quite frustrating, trying to manipulate a data driven system when I have no idea what data drives it (yikes!)

trying to trial and error establish directional causation can be rough

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

About Facebook...

I`m not sure if you`re all aware but Facebook sells access to a backdoor that allows law enforcement, news/media, and employers to see everything you`ve ever posted, even if it was deleted.

I`ve seen this page myself first hand. It allows them to search a person`s name then search deleted posts, private posts, and public posts as well as chat history and send/received media. They can also build a character profile based on what you share and like as well as an affiliation spider web of key friends and key communications with them. Kind of scary.

I always use a web browser plug-in to change the way my Facebook news feed is presented as well as many other features (such as un-friend tracker, etc.) It`s called Facebook Purity (FBP) I`m sure it`s one of many now available.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    About Facebook...

I`m not sure if you`re all aware but Facebook sells access to a backdoor that allows law enforcement, news/media, and employers to see everything you`ve ever posted, even if it was deleted.

I`ve seen this page myself first hand. It allows them to search a person`s name then search deleted posts, private posts, and public posts as well as chat history and send/received media. They can also build a character profile based on what you share and like as well as an affiliation spider web of key friends and key communications with them. Kind of scary.

I always use a web browser plug-in to change the way my Facebook news feed is presented as well as many other features (such as un-friend tracker, etc.) It`s called Facebook Purity (FBP) I`m sure it`s one of many now available.
    if big brother wants to spy on me they can go ahead..i`m quite boring- ask my friends

I enjoy drag racing and cleaning cars according to my facebook and I can make one hell of a Mexican Martini

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It never fails...

Washed the truck Saturday and put another layer of BF Wet Diamond AFPP, did a waterless Sunday to remove anything from sitting outside overnight and laid down the first layer of BF Midnight Sun and it`s pouring today.

On a side note though, Midnight Sun has changed my opinion on paste waxes. Definitely less nervous with them now.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    It never fails...

Washed the truck Saturday and put another layer of BF Wet Diamond AFPP, did a waterless Sunday to remove anything from sitting outside overnight and laid down the first layer of BF Midnight Sun and it`s pouring today.

On a side note though, Midnight Sun has changed my opinion on paste waxes. Definitely less nervous with them now.

so what I`m reading is WHERE ARE THE BEADING SHOTS?

I have been known to pull my perfectly clean car out of the garage just to see the water play on the paint

Brandt K.
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

so what I`m reading is WHERE ARE THE BEADING SHOTS?

I have been known to pull my perfectly clean car out of the garage just to see the water play on the paint
    Well, I tried. Boss looks at me like I was crazy before saying "(expletive) no.". I even tried when I gave him a ride to the parking lot... he told me to get back in the truck.

Judging off the fact the pavement is already dry and it`s still 90* it`s probably dry. I wanted to see how Midnight Sun beaded.

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    About Facebook...

Doesn`t surprise me, Apple was approached to allow the government access to this backdoor as well, and they declined ( or so they state) . I`m not hiding anything illegal and i`m aware that we`re all being tracked through cellphones/social media and whatnot. Facebook has facial recognition too , i was sharing a pic to my friend`s page and without me typing anything, FB had already typed the names of people in the picture and it was accurate.

If you`re on social media and have devices with mics and cameras at home that connect to the internet, you know there`s a chance of someone spying on you. There`s a good documentary on Netflix about FB and their shady privacy terms.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jen`s daughter from the other night

Kid`s pretty good

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, rlmccarty2000, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mebbe next year at Detail Fest, I`ll get to park under the tent, like this guy...........

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Mebbe next year at Detail Fest,

im just hoping I can attend next year. whether or not I can drive, will be a different story but I will rent a car and bring some WW and 1oz of spray sealant or something in my bag if I have to fly

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

im just hoping I can attend next year. whether or not I can drive, will be a different story but I will rent a car and bring some WW and 1oz of spray sealant or something in my bag if I have to fly
    how long is drive?

Page 60 of 216 FirstFirst ... 104647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374110160 ... LastLast

Thread Information