Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. Such conditions in my area have been a *huge* factor in my having basically given up driving "fun cars" (along with my being unable to enjoy driving highly capable cars at Public Road Speeds). The S8 isn`t low by most standards (inches higher than my last `vette or the Porsches were) yet I simply cannot use it to run errands as it can`t get in/out of lots without scraping.

I have zero idea how all the low vehicles I see deal with this, but eh, that`s not my problem...I know what works/doesn`t for *me*. Heh heh, and people wonder whether I want to lower the Crown Vic with its curb-jumper suspension ("No way, that`s why I`m driving it!").
    My car is still stock height but with tje long tubes and magnaflow dual exhaust, she has a little pooch under her .

In 2010 they were doing construction on a road and they dug the road up way under the manhole so it was sticking up from the ground.

I could do nothing and didnt brake really hard (was going 30ish) because i didn`t want the weight transfer lowering my front end any more....so it ripped off my exhaust right in betwee the merge collector and where the other pipe meets to go to the dual exhaust. Luckily it was 1 block from a muffler shop. Sounded like a nascar, was kinda cool but it ovaled the circle pipe at the connectors real good.

They beat t back as best as could.

In 2012 I noticed a nasty exhaust leak and had to get the pipes welded closed.

So every time I look at the springs, bushings and sway bar kit i have in my bedroom I think about those things and keep the parts in a box.

I keep telling myself I`m saving for a Hellcat in 2018 but I have some plans for my little 09 SRT just in case I decide I don`t want another car payment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512detail- Yeah, our "improvements" can bite us sometimes, huh?

And yeah#2 there sure *can* be that "weight-transfer trade-off" when you gotta make a quick decision about such stuff!

On the "buy a Hellcat" idea...I continue to wonder whether it`d be as much fun as many would think. I`ve somehow gotten !?!OLD!?! with regard to my previous viewpoint that "you can never have too much power!" I`m 100% certain that I`d have at least as much fun with a ScatPack, and probably *more* fun overall on a daily basis (OK, actually I`d want a ScatPack engine in a Police Package Charger, but that`s just me). And yeah, that`s even considering Track Days (but then I don`t drag race).

In some ways this is like ~1970 when a whole lotta folks found that the 440 X 6 was a better choice than the fabled 426 Hemi. Nice to have that kind of dilemma, huh?
    Likes 512detail, Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Heartwarming story...
    Yes indeed, thanks for sharing that!

Post Thanks / Like

oh great, picked up a arrowhead shaped rock in my front driver side tire.

nice slit in the treads, doesn`t appear to be leaking but after I sit in the office 4 hours I might be walking out to a unpleasant surprise
    crossing fingers- either way now I am afraid it might cause some compromise in the tire and blow out or something when im driving

perhaps I saw final destination one too many times

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    oh great, picked up a arrowhead shaped rock in my front driver side tire.

nice slit in the treads, doesn`t appear to be leaking but after I sit in the office 4 hours I might be walking out to a unpleasant surprise
    crossing fingers- either way now I am afraid it might cause some compromise in the tire and blow out or something when im driving

perhaps I saw final destination one too many times
    Ouch, that`s a bummer.

No spare tire?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    Ouch, that`s a bummer.

No spare tire?

I got a spare if I need it...assuming it still rotates since its from 2005 when the truck was made

hopefully its a non issue- I`ve had some bad luck with tires this month (hit one with my car, lost one to some metal scissors on my truck, now this on same truck)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a spare if I need it...assuming it still rotates since its from 2005 when the truck was made

hopefully its a non issue- I`ve had some bad luck with tires this month (hit one with my car, lost one to some metal scissors on my truck, now this on same truck)
    At least you`re keeping the tire shop open for business.

I shouldn`t joke about this... I`ve had my streaks of road hazards in my tires. I don`t need to meet karma today.

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Post Thanks / Like

At least you`re keeping the tire shop open for business.

I shouldn`t joke about this... I`ve had my streaks of road hazards in my tires. I don`t need to meet karma today.

well either way I am really hoping this is not an issue because my work schedule doesn`t exactly cooperate with discount tire`s business hours. and that $150 cart will have to go bye bye if that`s the case

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

so far so good. checked the tire and my chalk mark has not moved or expanded

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

so far so good. checked the tire and my chalk mark has not moved or expanded
    Good.

We would want them detailing supplies to have to wait.

Discount open on saturdays down there?

Post Thanks / Like

Good.

We would want them detailing supplies to have to wait.

Discount open on saturdays down there?

yes they are but I work 7am-4 so I`d have to catch them on the way home which I plan to do anyways to have the tire looked at..better safe than sorry

and yes, I have several detailing items I have convinced myself I am in dire need of. lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

why does everyone have a watch on in the pictrues on detail sites for products? it really bothers me

that sets a bad example for people IMO

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no such thing as bad sausage.

Has anyone here ever had a piece of any type of sausage that wasn`t really good???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

why does everyone have a watch on in the pictrues on detail sites for products? it really bothers me

that sets a bad example for people IMO
    I normally put mine back on before I take the final pics
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 57 of 216 FirstFirst ... 74344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071107157 ... LastLast

Thread Information