Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

I`m just wild about saffron...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

oh the joys of storm season when you are a Senior Catastrophe Adjuster for one of the largest insurance companies in America.

11 hour days, endless calls, and the worst part-- having to see the carnage left on NICE vehicles

oh and did I mention I am now terribly frightened by any upcoming storm since all I see 55 hours a week is how much carnage these large storms leave

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd, Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did u know that each of the inner door panels on a 06 911 carerra are $1200+

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Did u know that each of the inner door panels on a 06 911 carerra are $1200+
    and how much is flood replacement value?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

How in depth do you go when doing assessments? I would imagine with flood damage it`s hard to determine exactly what would need replaced, especially when it comes to electronics and wiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    and how much is flood replacement value?
    It depends
    We use a jd pwr based valuation program.
    On auto, we deduct from that based on vehicle condition.

As far as soecial lines (rv etc), a lot of people over insure those so we end up using acv (actual cash value)

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    How in depth do you go when doing assessments? I would imagine with flood damage it`s hard to determine exactly what would need replaced, especially when it comes to electronics and wiring.
    We use a 4 tier system.
    Tier1 no interior water ext only
    Tier 2 would be water level at floorboards
    Tier 3 water level at seat tops wet (water below dash)) level)
    Tier 4- i call it SOL

Of course naturally there`s variance in a couple things. Most of these flood cars don`t come back and depending on the state you may or may not be able to salvage this flood vehicle.

If it`s an obvious total loss Most states require us to junk label the title which means that the vehicle would not be able to be registered to legally drive on the road.

Hail damage however does not show up on your title .we do not brand your title for hail damage so remember that next time you go buy a car.

Brandt K.
    Likes Nautical, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It depends
    We use a jd pwr based valuation program.
    On auto, we deduct from that based on vehicle condition.

As far as soecial lines (rv etc), a lot of people over insure those so we end up using acv (actual cash value)

We use a 4 tier system.
    Tier1 no interior water ext only
    Tier 2 would be water level at floorboards
    Tier 3 water level at seat tops wet (water below dash)) level)
    Tier 4- i call it SOL

Of course naturally there`s variance in a couple things. Most of these flood cars don`t come back and depending on the state you may or may not be able to salvage this flood vehicle.

If it`s an obvious total loss Most states require us to junk label the title which means that the vehicle would not be able to be registered to legally drive on the road.

Hail damage however does not show up on your title .we do not brand your title for hail damage so remember that next time you go buy a car.
    That`s interesting about the hail damage not affecting a title. One would think that if the cost was enough that it`d be deemed a loss and noted as such, as long as the insurance company was involved. Obviously if it`s repaired without bring reported that`s a different story. I would imagine it shows up on a vehicle report though? Again, as long as repairs were done through insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s interesting about the hail damage not affecting a title. One would think that if the cost was enough that it`d be deemed a loss and noted as such, as long as the insurance company was involved. Obviously if it`s repaired without bring reported that`s a different story. I would imagine it shows up on a vehicle report though? Again, as long as repairs were done through insurance.
    What most people think is carfax when they think vehicle Report or something similar to that insurance companies actually have a completely separate reporting system so while you may be able to sell the car to someone without them knowing there was hail damage on it once you file a claim your insurance company will know if there was ever a hail claim on it before.

I always ask the insured "was there any previous hail damage or any previous salvage title" and they always say no and then when the vehicle is evaluated as a total loss we run a few reports and it will show a salvage title from a previous hail claim.

Because when they bought the car they ran Carfax and didn`t show up on there. A system can only show up once reported.

Insurance companies are required by law to share this information internally through a different program otherwise they will not be allowed to legally sell insurance.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

What most people think is carfax when they think vehicle Report or something similar to that insurance companies actually have a completely separate reporting system so while you may be able to sell the car to someone without them knowing there was hail damage on it once you file a claim your insurance company will know if there was ever a hail claim on it before.

I always ask the insured "was there any previous hail damage or any previous salvage title" and they always say no and then when the vehicle is evaluated as a total loss we run a few reports and it will show a salvage title from a previous hail claim.

Because when they bought the car they ran Carfax and didn`t show up on there. A system can only show up once reported.

Insurance companies are required by law to share this information internally through a different program otherwise they will not be allowed to legally sell insurance.
    So when buying a vehicle and running the VIN through insurance prior to purchase, do they disclose information like that up front or only if you ask? I know with my past few vehicles I always ask for a vehicle report such as Carfax but also give my VIN to insurance prior, mainly just so I understand what my insurance costs would look like before committing to buying a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

So when buying a vehicle and running the VIN through insurance prior to purchase, do they disclose information like that up front or only if you ask? I know with my past few vehicles I always ask for a vehicle report such as Carfax but also give my VIN to insurance prior, mainly just so I understand what my insurance costs would look like before committing to buying a vehicle.
    We would not approach that topic unless in the context of why we subtracted x amount of dollars from your total loss evaluation settlement

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

So our club does a backpack fundraiser Drive every year and personally it`s my favorite fundraiser being able to deliver all of those backpacks to the kids that need them.

This year i decided to auction off an exterior detail

Full wash/decon
    1 step w essence
    Top with reload

And a lot of goodies to maintain it with.

I started bidding at 75 and in two days it is up to 200. I marked the detail at a value of about 200 because I felt that`s about what I would charge if someone wanted that specific detail for the exterior.

Quite frankly I did not expect it to get more than maybe $150 or something I figured people would add $1 here and $5 there but these numbers are bidding well.

By the way im donating all the action $ to our club to buy backpacks for these local kids. Our clubs goal is 1k this year and i am hoping this action gets a quarter of the goal alone. Looks like its headed there!

I just thought it was really cool that these members are bidding above where I thought and i really dont know how much higher it will get, but it doesnt end until june10th i believe.

It`s not really that big of a deal to me to spend the day on the car and do it for free because I definitely don`t have that kind of money to just donate to charity. But I do have a decent skill that could gather money for a cause.

And i guess one more club car I can detail is never a bad thing from a marketing standpoint.

Am i just crazy? Lol

Brandt K.
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t consider any act of donating to be crazy, especially for those less fortunate and even more so for kids. I think in todays world it`s refreshing to see people doing what they can to better people they don`t know. Too many people are self consumed and out for only themselves it seems. Kudos to you, Brandt.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, 512detail, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That Musk fellow has a lot going on. Could be the Tesla of the 21st century. I want to go solar and Musk has some good small batteries for solar energy electricity storage.

Post Thanks / Like

The auction just hit 250, nice

And its a 965 rwhp black hellcat too. Nice

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, nickclark08 liked this post

Page 51 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information