1. #316
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    calm before the storm?

    dog seems to keep it calm around here
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

  2. #317
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    dog seems to keep it calm around here
    Mine too young still (hyper)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  3. #318
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    Where`d you move from? And any tips or things to consider for preparing for a 1000+ mile move?
    I know this wasn`t directed at me... But...............

    I moved from CT about 3.5 years ago. IMHO, take a few trips so you can see different areas. Also, FL is different winter months than summer. Both weather wise and traffic wise (snowbirds) so make a few trips to the areas you like.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Nautical liked this post

  4. #319
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    Where`d you move from? And any tips or things to consider for preparing for a 1000+ mile move?
    came from upstate NY .. we brought basically, vehicles, warm weather clothes, pictures, decorative items from over the years and started from scratch as far as furniture .. the cost and effort of moving big stuff is just a real PITA ... you can literally fill a house with furniture for less than a moving van and aches and pains of the effort ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes Ronkh, Nautical liked this post

  5. #320
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    I came with a suit case.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  6. #321
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I know this wasn`t directed at me... But...............

    I moved from CT about 3.5 years ago. IMHO, take a few trips so you can see different areas. Also, FL is different winter months than summer. Both weather wise and traffic wise (snowbirds) so make a few trips to the areas you like.
    this too ... but just remember where you are looking is really different than south of West Palm ... I kept away from beach area for reasons above ...
    One other thing to consider is HOA living or non-HOA ... this can throw us northers for a loop
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

  7. #322
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    this too ... but just remember where you are looking is really different than south of West Palm ... I kept away from beach area for reasons above ...
    One other thing to consider is HOA living or non-HOA ... this can throw us northers for a loop
    I love being close to the water.. Yep HOA`s can be a pain. But I got some of the greatest neighbors ever. So it`s a worthwhile trade off. And besides, the HOA sent me a nice picture of my Tahoe in front of my house........... (they were sending me a violation notice.) They gave me 14 days to move it. HAHAHAHhahah
    I sent a letter back asking them for a copy of the pic without the hand written note of address/date/time on it cuz I liked the pic. Never got a reply.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Migue, 512detail liked this post

  8. #323
    Nautical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I know this wasn`t directed at me... But...............

    I moved from CT about 3.5 years ago. IMHO, take a few trips so you can see different areas. Also, FL is different winter months than summer. Both weather wise and traffic wise (snowbirds) so make a few trips to the areas you like.
    I`ll take any input from anyone willing to help so thanks. And yeah the only part of FL I`ve been too was Port St. Lucie and Orlando but that was several years ago. I think we`re going to try and get down there this year at the end of July and scope some areas out. Thankfully my wife has some family and friends down there to kind of help guide us on where to look and where to stay away from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    came from upstate NY .. we brought basically, vehicles, warm weather clothes, pictures, decorative items from over the years and started from scratch as far as furniture .. the cost and effort of moving big stuff is just a real PITA ... you can literally fill a house with furniture for less than a moving van and aches and pains of the effort ...
    That`s kind of what I`m thinking. Best case is we can rent this house and use it as an investment and not worry about furniture, worst case is trying to offload as much as possible. I imagine renting a truck plus having to fly back and get one of the cars would cost more then just starting fresh. Plus, I`m sure we`ll end up downsizing as well which could be a headache with too much extra furniture.

    Also, did you guys land jobs before making the move?

  9. #324
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    <---- sorta retired


    Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    Also, did you guys land jobs before making the move?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  10. #325
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    I`ll take any input from anyone willing to help so thanks. And yeah the only part of FL I`ve been too was Port St. Lucie and Orlando but that was several years ago. I think we`re going to try and get down there this year at the end of July and scope some areas out. Thankfully my wife has some family and friends down there to kind of help guide us on where to look and where to stay away from.

    Having friends and family around is great for helping you find an area where you want to land. It`s sort of funny, but you`ll find pockets of people from the same area around. What I mean about that is that a friend of mine from ct has a ton of family and friends in 2 developments in the same town. Same for another friend.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  11. #326
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    I`ll take any input from anyone willing to help so thanks. And yeah the only part of FL I`ve been too was Port St. Lucie and Orlando but that was several years ago. I think we`re going to try and get down there this year at the end of July and scope some areas out. Thankfully my wife has some family and friends down there to kind of help guide us on where to look and where to stay away from.



    That`s kind of what I`m thinking. Best case is we can rent this house and use it as an investment and not worry about furniture, worst case is trying to offload as much as possible. I imagine renting a truck plus having to fly back and get one of the cars would cost more then just starting fresh. Plus, I`m sure we`ll end up downsizing as well which could be a headache with too much extra furniture.

    Also, did you guys land jobs before making the move?
    As for Port St. Lucie, remember that it is a Spring Training area and you must expect a huge influx of visitors on the roads, in stores and in restaurants during those months as well as the snow birds who gravitate to water ... Orlando is a good if you stay away from the Disney area .. have some good friends living about a half hour east of the area .. Having friends and / or family is a good reason to go to an area or stay away from an area ... I have friends and family and they are close enough, but not too far HOA`s can affect your monthly payments depending on how much amenities are offered ..

    Another thought on the furniture is the basic type .. up north we had colonial type , which did not really fit in .. we went with all modern stuff here ...

    I own the company ..didn`t have to look for work Poorboy`s World
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes Nautical liked this post

  12. #327
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I own the company ..didn`t have to look for work Poorboy`s World
    He liked wax so much.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

  13. #328
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    He liked wax so much.....
    I was wasting wax in the 60`s
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

  14. #329
    donbeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nederland, TX
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    collinite 845 died in 3 months.... disappointing. wonder if i got a bad bottle?

  15. #330
    Nautical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    As for Port St. Lucie, remember that it is a Spring Training area and you must expect a huge influx of visitors on the roads, in stores and in restaurants during those months as well as the snow birds who gravitate to water ... Orlando is a good if you stay away from the Disney area .. have some good friends living about a half hour east of the area .. Having friends and / or family is a good reason to go to an area or stay away from an area ... I have friends and family and they are close enough, but not too far HOA`s can affect your monthly payments depending on how much amenities are offered ..

    Another thought on the furniture is the basic type .. up north we had colonial type , which did not really fit in .. we went with all modern stuff here ...

    I own the company ..didn`t have to look for work Poorboy`s World
    It looks like as of now we`re focusing more around the Melbourne area, but frankly it`s going to depend on where we can land a job first and within an hour or so to Port St. Lucie either North or South would be ideal. My wife should have no issue but I haven`t seen much available in my field. As for HOA, we have that now with our house (although it`s minimal and mainly for keeping people from ruining property values, which I`m OK with), so we`ll have that budgeted too since there are a lot of them down there it seems.

    And I guess owning a company would make it a little easier to move ha.

 

 
Page 22 of 216 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353672122 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thought Thread!!!
    By Trouble in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
  2. Random thoughts on pad selection
    By SuperBee364 in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 12:45 AM
  3. 425 and few other random thoughts
    By Brian_Brice in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
  4. Some random thoughts after today`s detail...
    By Acura_RL in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 12:17 PM
  5. Random thoughts AIO + UPP
    By Don in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 10:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •