Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Post deleted due to "political incorrectness" by original poster (Captain Obvious)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    LOL—yep. One for most rooms in the house and just gotta have one in the garage
    Huh, I haven`t even turned on the garage stereo yet this decade. Never turn a TV on unless there`s something specific we`re gonna sit down and watch (and when doing cardio).

I don’t even have a DVR, just TVs and Internet..
    When we need to record something we still use a VCR.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A VCR—-can you even still buy tapes for them any more?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A VCR—-can you even still buy tapes for them any more?
    I dunno...I`ve accumulated enough to be OK for a while. The tapes don`t die as quickly as I`d expected. Some pre-recorded ones have though, but I was able to find those movies on DVD.

We don`t even have big-screen/flats-screen/high-def TVs

Eh, I know, weird weird weird...we`re still living a basically 20th Century lifestyle.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m trying to get my neighbor to buy a flat screen being that the prices seem to be dropping more and more. I had to replace a projection TV with one this past spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t skimp on my TVs. I want the best picture available. I went from plasma to Oled. I’ve got the 65 inch LG Oled in my bedroom and it looks fantastic. The 4K pictures are close to looking like a photo. I’m wondering how much of an improvement 8k will be. And they are so thin and light. My old Sony plasma 50 inch weighs 160 lbs, the new 65 inch Oled weighs 40 lbs. They have some new sets that you can just hang like a picture. Fun times.
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And the prices seem to be getting better fairly steadily. At the moment I’m content with the quality of the 6 TVs I have in the house. I’m only going to upgrade when they fail like my projection one did after 10 years.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rimccarty
    I’m still using a 11 year old Panasonic plasma. Still works great. When it does go out I’ll probably do like you did and get an oled
    I read somewhere that the oleds don’t have any viewing angle problems
    that was the main reason I bought the plasma
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m only going to upgrade when they fail like my projection one did after 10 years.
    Despite being Early Adaptors back in the day, that`s the way we are about pretty much everything these days; we only replace stuff when it can`t be fixed any more. Our newest TV dates to the early aughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Despite being Early Adaptors back in the day, that`s the way we are about pretty much everything these days; we only replace stuff when it can`t be fixed any more. Our newest TV dates to the early aughts.
    How do you get around the digital TV channels issues with your older TV`s? My folks had to use a converter box to get digital OTA TV channels (they don`t have cable), but it never worked well. A couple years ago I helped them buy a modest sized, inexpensive LCD TV and a HD OTA antenna and they are quite happy now. They were blown away by the image quality difference going from 480 to 1080p.

Post Thanks / Like

The cable company here requires digital converter boxes and of course charges monthly for them. The price just rose a few months ago. Seems like technology taking a step back rather than going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Autopia, I have seriously sinned. I took the GTI to the touchless... I mainly like it for the undercarriage wash, but right now both my hose bibbs are froze and it`s cold as heck outside! It was brown with mud, sand, and salt from my daily commute to work.

And please don`t pass out, but I also took the S10 to the self serve and used the brush! But the paint is faded and it`s getting painted in the Summer anyways. As beat-up as it is I wanted to get all the mud (it seriously looked like I drove through a pasture) and greasy fingerprints off the fenders, hood, and door. I think I used $7 worth of quarters to get it clean.

In other news, I want to know how the company that provides uniforms at work wash their clothes! When I was first issued them, the pants would literally fall off, now I feel like popping putting them on now! I`ve even lost weight! I was all excited they were super comfy when I first got them.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

The cable company here requires digital converter boxes and of course charges monthly for them. The price just rose a few months ago. Seems like technology taking a step back rather than going forward.
    I think it`s more like a band-aide for those who still have analog TV`s. They may be raising the rates in hopes of people NOT buying the box and upgrading their TV`s instead so they don`t have to suppport the old TV`s and SD-quality broadcasts.

In my area, ATT UVerse did something similar with their internet access. For years we had the 20Mb package and were pretty satisfied. ATT then offered us 100Mb for LESS than what we paid for 20Mb. I happily agreed with the upgrade but didn`t understand why the offer was presented until the installer arrived. What I learned was all the old sub-100Mb equipment in the network (backbone, fiber-to-premise equipment mounted to my home, and the router in my house) were approaching end-of-support and ATT wanted to get them off their network. The easiet way for them to rid of equipment they didn`t want to support was to move customers in a new direction, i.e a healthy boost in network bandwidth.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    A simple 2nd home in FL would do too.....
    Ron has a extra room................
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think it`s more like a band-aide for those who still have analog TV`s. They may be raising the rates in hopes of people NOT buying the box and upgrading their TV`s instead so they don`t have to suppport the old TV`s and SD-quality broadcasts.

We need to have the box even if we have a brand new TV. It’s a drag.

Page 212 of 216 FirstFirst ... 112162198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast

Thread Information