NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Coatings = Crack ----------------------------------

No, my friend, after 11 years there, 5 years to get acclimated, and eventually really liking it up there, I had no family any longer, so I moved around a bit and ended up back in Northern California in the farmland..
    Been to Auburn, had a few friends back then that lived up there...
    Absolutely loved all my big 175` tall Maples, Firs, and Cedar trees around the house...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a commercial for Dawn where they advocate its use on car wheels. Hmmm.....
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Some times throwing money at a situation does work. I hate winter but after spending money on RX happy pills and putting in a wifi thermostat in garage so I can heat it up before i get home from work during our miserable winters has made me much happier.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Been with DirecTV for 12 years. Have a package that’s been retired (over 200 channels) $136 a month. No movie channels. They all go up every year, cable and satellite Had a problem a couple months ago with shows that were recorded not showing up in the recorded show list. Very aggravating since 95% of the time when I watch tv it’s something that’s been recorded. They knocked off $20 a month for 12 months off my bill. Service Guy came to the house and did a software update. It fixed 98% of the problem. When I scheduled the service call the first thing I asked was am I going to be charged for the service call and they said no. Next bill I got there it was $99 service charge. It took me being on the phone 1 1/2 hours to get it removed. Since they merged with AT&T I’ve had problems

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t even have a DVR, just TVs and Internet.Cable went up again two months ago. Seems like it increases at least twice a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Every February they go up like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Coatings = Crack ----------------------------------

No, my friend, after 11 years there, 5 years to get acclimated, and eventually really liking it up there, I had no family any longer, so I moved around a bit and ended up back in Northern California in the farmland..
    Been to Auburn, had a few friends back then that lived up there...
    Absolutely loved all my big 175` tall Maples, Firs, and Cedar trees around the house...
    Dan F
    Nice area.... used to have friends in Sacramento/Redding. Was thinking of moving but wasn’t fan of the heat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Nice area.... used to have friends in Sacramento/Redding. Was thinking of moving but wasn’t fan of the heat

Coatings=crack ----
    Heat ? - tell me about it..

After 11 years up there in the PNW and back to NorCal, it really took another adjustment, but not as long as the adjusting it took coming from the other direction to the PNW..

Once all my October Glory Maples, Hawthornes, Crepe Myrtles grow up really tall, I should have a lot of nice shade in back.. So looking forward to that..

I live off of Hwy 70 which is really the farmland highway even more than Hwy 99.. Closest towns to me are Marysville, Yuba City.. They grow lots of English Walnuts, Plums, Kiwi, Rice, out here... Farther North, they grow a lot of Almonds...

Have also been up to Redding a few decades ago to help a friend cut down a few of these huge Eucalyptus trees on his property.. Loved the oils in them, but wow they have serious twisted grain that will only split with a big log splitter.. Thank goodness I had one of those..

Some wise (?) guys probably at the turn of the 19th century planted Eucalyptus trees all over the dang place in Northern California, probably thinking, they grow fast, tall, and would make great lumber... Then they discovered the twisted grain pattern that defies splitting for sure, and makes for really hard milling into lumber... A major fail for sure.. These dang things are still growing all over the place even in the East side of Sacramento... Huge things, hope they never fall on someone..
    Dan F
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishroes View Post

Every February they go up like this

Fishroes -----
    Thanks for posting up all this stuff on our nemesis, DTV..
    I need to take out my bills and see where I stand with this..
    I have been a DTV user since 2002..

What I usually do, since they merged with ATT, is move from one to the other, when I cant stand the one any longer..
    Dont have to pay those early contract termination fees, and hopefully, the other dumbo is having a sale...
    I also threaten to quit them and then they send me to these other people who listen, and then, they put me back on the original plan that I had..
    Takes a couple hours sometimes to go through this crapola...

For the past year +, the wireless remotes do NOT always turn off when you turn them off, so later, the dang thing will turn your TV on in the middle of the night and wake you up rudely... Hate that when that happens..
    I know others that are experiencing this same issue..

Called DTV, they say NOTHING about this being a "known issue", but will happily send a $99 NO-Help-Tech out here to also do NOTHING...

I asked them, "dont you have a better wireless remote now, you can just mail me, and I will install it and see if takes this annoying problem away??"
    They say, we can send you "another wireless box" but we will have to charge you $59 freight charge"....
    I D I O T S.........

And these "cable, satellite, etc., people" wonder why their Churn number is out of this world??????

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Some times throwing money at a situation does work. I hate winter but after spending money on RX happy pills and putting in a wifi thermostat in garage so I can heat it up before i get home from work during our miserable winters has made me much happier.
    A simple 2nd home in FL would do too.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    A simple 2nd home in FL would do too.....
    Its in the plans, another couple years and I will start doing 2 week house rentals to try different areas and look around. Then slowly ramp it up from there 3 weeks 4 weeks and on and on till I buy something and I retire and can do 4-6 months down there. i hope to find the area I want to buy in before I am 55. I would like to be able to establish residence before I sell my business so I can save state capitol gains 5.1 percent (which will likely go up as I live in Taxachusetts).

Edit: Those savings alone could pay for half the house I would like to buy.
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    its in the plans, another couple years and i will start doing 2 week house rentals to try different areas and look around. Then slowly ramp it up from there 3 weeks 4 weeks and on and on till i buy something and i retire and can do 4-6 months down there. I hope to find the area i want to buy in before i am 55. I would like to be able to establish residence before i sell my business so i can save state capitol gains 5.1 percent (which will likely go up as i live in taxachusetts).

edit: Those savings alone could pay for half the house i would like to buy.
    yep
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you can’t win with satellite TV or cable. They both suck beyond belief.
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs
    If your problem started within the last year it could be from the software updates they have been doing. They told me a couple months ago they were doing these updates all over the country at different time periods. To get anything done tell them you want to cancel your service and they will connect you to the loyalty dept. you won’t get anything accomplished by talking to the first person you speak to. To get my service call fee removed I had to talk to someone in the finance dept and this person actually gave me their name and ID # and he tried to get over on me. After explaining everything to him he said yes you shouldn’t have to pay the service call fee and then puts me on hold and then comes back and says after looking at your previous bill it looks like you have already been credited the $99 charge
    I said bullish!t If that is the case why am I still getting e-mails and texts that my bill is overdue. Puts me on hold again, comes back and says the charge will be removed in 3 hours. Another thing when they connect you to another person ask them to stay on the line until the person picks up. They had me going around in circles for a while. The first time they tried transferring me to finance I was on hold for a while then the phone started ringing followed by a recording that said we would really like to help you but you have to pay your overdue bill first. I’m a pretty patient guy but I was steaming when I heard that. But in the end it was straightened out.
    Hope this might help someone one day from getting the run around

PS: when I lived in the suburbs I had Comcast for 20 some years. After moving out to the country the only thing that was available was satellite
    I actually like directv better than cable for a couple reasons
    I like the on-screen menu better and the picture was better in mine and my wife’s opinion and it has never lost signal unless a heavy rainstorm comes through and then it’s only for 5 or 10 minutes
    When cable went out it would be for a day or so because the buried cable went bad
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It shouldn`t be that hard to get decent channels at an affordable price. Luckily I have not had that issue with Direct TV, just the outages durning bad weather. Most importantly I am not going to pay $245 (plus the raised rate) for TV and internet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 211 of 216 FirstFirst ... 111161197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast

Thread Information