Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210
Results 3,136 to 3,141 of 3141
    Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Despite the fact that our youngest is seventeen, it`s still a tradition in our house to bust out the VHS tapes of the old classic claymation/animated Christmas shows.
    Last night was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I never noticed as a kid, but Santa is an absolute jerk in that show.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.
    Likes Desertnate, trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    What exactly are we gonna do with all these dead battery packs when they need to be replaced as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    The early adopters are the test subjects. So far battery life has been better than expected. Life spans are looking to be over 10 years with some degradation. Newer technology is being put into play every year. Right now it would be a second car for me, but in five years with VW getting into the game who knows?

When some these battery packs are past their serviceable life there are companies that are pulling them apart and making a new battery out of the serviceable cells. New industries are born when old ones die. The process sounds labor intensive, right now. New industry, new tech, new job creation. We need more tech schools and fewer diploma mills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    What exactly are we gonna do with all these dead battery packs when they need to be replaced as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Tesla started reusing them in their residential home solar products. Apperently, when the vehicle battery pack will only charge to around 70~80 percent capacity it is no longer usable for vehicle applications. However, the batter will still hold a signficant charge, so they repackage the batteries removed from the cars and use them as the off-line electrical storage for the the solar array in a home. Your home runs off that battery and only switches over to local power when needed.

If Tesla could come up with something, hopefully others will as well. If not, there will be a pretty big environmental problem when all these batteries full of rare earth metals start piling up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Despite the fact that our youngest is seventeen, it`s still a tradition in our house to bust out the VHS tapes of the old classic claymation/animated Christmas shows.
    Last night was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I never noticed as a kid, but Santa is an absolute jerk in that show.
    A few years ago, we found that entire collection of movies on a set of DVD`s. It was a good thing since our tapes were wearing out.

My youngest is 17 and my oldest is 25, married, and out of the house, yet we still watch these movies together as a family as well. The holidays wouldn`t be the same if we didn`t!
    Likes MattPersman, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone is interested: AMC will be running those old stop-action animated Christmas movies all day long this Saturday!
    Likes House of Wax, Dan, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see people still appreciate the old-tech animation. I simply cannot *stand* today`s CGI/whatever it is.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210

Thread Information