Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Well tonight is the night I start the new job. 4 10 hour shifts Wednesday through Saturday 9pm to 7am, ugh. This is going to be a heckuva transition, maybe I can sneak a nap in, but I think I`m too excited...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck bud

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Nizmo liked this post
    Thanks Nizmo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

3rd shift thats a big change

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    3rd shift thats a big change
    Yea not too thrilled about that, but it was a way in. I`m used to working second shift, so I don`t think it will be too bad of a transition. However, I think a good dose of caffeine will be needed for a couple days, lol.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I worked the midnight shift from 1994-2017. It took probably like 6-8 months until my body functions went back to a daytime routine. Your body never really gets used to it. You just get used to being tired. My advice to you is to stick to a routine about when you go to bed. Sleeping in the morning one day and then the afternoon on the next and so on will destroy you. I`ve seen it happen to dozens of employees that I managed over those 24 years. You need to create an artificial circadian rhythm. If you decide to sleep in the morning then stay out of the sun as much as possible. The sun in your eyes will reset your circadian clock. You may also find that your immune system won`t be as strong and you will catch a cold or flu easier.

There are many studies on working the midnight shift and most of the recent ones revealed that your brain actually ages faster (like up to 30%) than normal. We are not nocturnal animals.

So I hope that you are receiving a nice shift differential for working nights. Consider it hazard pay.
    Likes Nizmo, trashmanssd, SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I`m sure it`ll take a little bit to get adjusted. I was actually pretty good through the shift, it didn`t start hitting me until the drive home. I was surprised I actually got about 8 hours of sleep, but waking up at around 4pm and having my coffee then is a little strange, lol.

And yes the differential is a nice plus, and it seems like it`ll be an awesome place to work. It`s a little more laid back than what I thought it would be and the opportunities are endless. I think I was like a kid at Christmas when they issued me my tools; a whole box of new stuff and a catalog if I needed anything! Actually ran into a couple people I knew that worked for the company in other places my old work contracted for.
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    Yea I`m sure it`ll take a little bit to get adjusted. I was actually pretty good through the shift, it didn`t start hitting me until the drive home. I was surprised I actually got about 8 hours of sleep, but waking up at around 4pm and having my coffee then is a little strange, lol.

And yes the differential is a nice plus, and it seems like it`ll be an awesome place to work. It`s a little more laid back than what I thought it would be and the opportunities are endless. I think I was like a kid at Christmas when they issued me my tools; a whole box of new stuff and a catalog if I needed anything! Actually ran into a couple people I knew that worked for the company in other places my old work contracted for.
    Niz, what do you do for work?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Niz, what do you do for work?
    Maintenance technician for one of the largest package delivery companies in the country. My old employer did work on their smaller buildings (that`s where I got the experience) but the big hubs have their own crew. The hubs have alot of automated sorters and scanners and stuff moves FAST! They really take care of their people and the benefit package is top notch, if I stick with it I`ll have no problem retiring early and living comfortably. It took me a couple tries to get in there, but I`m glad I did.

Post Thanks / Like

At least you know what you can go as for Halloween next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wonderful...
    Random thoughts thread-winter2.jpg
    Random thoughts thread-winter1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM, Nizmo, Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ew, don`t remind me that stuff is right around the corner! A friend out in Pittsburgh said it was doing that out there. It was 37* when I left work and I though for sure I`d see some snow driving up the mountain. Luckily it didn`t, but the sky sure looked like it. Almost time to put the sand in the back of the truck and install the winter wipers...
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We had a very light dusting of snow and/but the [individuals] at our local Road Dept. dumped lots of (utterly unnecessary) salt at the major intersections.
    Likes trashmanssd, Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I jinxed it apparently. Had to respond to a parking lot/truck incident and as I was standing out there all of a sudden it was a sudden burst of sleet/snow came down around 4am. That was very unpleasant, lol. Driving up the mountain this morning it was starting to snow as well. Too early for this stuff! Looks like detailing season is pretty much over...
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was around 65 degrees and sunny here in S. GA. I did a wash on my car and the water dried quicker than in the middle of summer. I started off in sweats and long sleeved shirt and midway I had to switch to shorts and short sleeved shirt. I sweated through two shirts. I’ve been doing mainly rinseless washes but it was time to break out the two bucket system. Damn, rinseless is so much easier on my back and a whole lot quicker.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

RL -
    You are so lucky to still have 65 degrees !

The last 2 fires we had 106 miles and 60 miles northeast of me this past week dumped so much smoke off, its like thick fog and dark all day long, and not happy to drive through it at night..
    Our temps went from pleasant low 70`s to 60`s, to now 40`s for daytime high and low 30`s at night..
    Dang it, I still have much yardwork to finish too..
    Dan F

Page 208 of 216 FirstFirst ... 108158194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast

Thread Information