NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Those gators definitely were a big leap forward in tires. I was too poor back then to get to experience them first hand though.

I had closed that account after only a few hours. I think you used the correct word when you said "pollute my life" that`s exactly what it would do real fast. I`m so glad for all of you here on autopia, where community has real meaning.
    Hey, Coleroad !

I too got that postcard in the mail when I moved in here, inviting me to nextdoor.com..
    And like you I also figured out it is a huge waste of time..
    Only thing on there daily - lost dogs, found dogs, dogs doing poopy things in yards, the whole dang thing was going to the dogs!!!

I don`t recall anyone on that forum being as out and out mean as some people over there on yours..

Also, I don`t really support people standing in traffic medians panhandling.. It`s just too dang dangerous in my opinion..

But I have on many occasions, when approached outside a store, fast food place, invited that person/s inside and bought them lunch..
    Some of them have said ok, more of them have said no, but the ones who accepted a free lunch have mostly been really nice people who just need a little help sometimes..

You know, I didn`t even get why people are homeless, but when you talk to them, many of them have chosen to be homeless.. No one forced them to, they want to be alone, they want to get away from stuff, they are fine..

There was an episode of Mad Men once, where Don Draper was having a little flashback to when he was a child, living with a mean step-dad, and not sure who the lady was, but it was not his real Mother I believe..

A "hobo" stopped by their house and asked if he could please work for a little money and for a meal; the Mom said ok, and she would feed him, the StepDad didn`t really want to do it but finally agreed to it.
    The "hobo" worked that day, ate dinner with the family, spent the night in the barn, and little Don Draper talked with him for a little while.

The "hobo" was pretty articulate, and nice.. He taught Don the "signs" hobo`s put on houses (it looked like they carve a little set of lines, angles, etc., into a wood post, etc.,) so other hobo`s would know a little about the people there, as they walked by..
    He showed Don the sign for "good honest people", "good food", "dishonest people", etc..

Next day, the "hobo" comes up to the step-dad and asks him per their agreement, for a little pocket change, and the step-dad looked at him and told him to move on, get out..

This poor man, just looked at him and walked away.. You could just feel how tired he was, probably even more tired of how people treated him..

Little Don Draper later ran out to the front gate of their house and on the gate post - the sign for "dishonest people"...
    Dan F
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the wiki,for those reading this and don`t use said chlorine like products in your AC related drain pans, check them out...

You would be grossed out on what you may see in the pan or lines post evaporator.
    Or EVEN more gross for those that have mini-splits, where drip rail is right on the bottom but the blower wheel is literally inside the place of residence....

Lots`a crap that literally you don`t see or know until you do soo....then you do the proactive practice on the hvac tabs IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Blast from the past...

412T8QT205L._SX450_.jpg
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    ..But I have on many occasions, when approached outside a store, fast food place, invited that person/s inside and bought them lunch..
    Nice, but not at all surprising, that you`re walking the talk of your Belief System (quite literally). A bit rare these days IMO, at least when it involves actually being up-close and personal with the disenfranchised (especially when, uhm... nobody`s watching).
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs, you’re a good dude. That’s a great approach/way to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Random thought- I use a waterless wash for cleaning the sliding glass patio doors since it makes it easy to have streak free glass, plus makes the dog nose prints wipe off easier.

There’s something strangely rewarding about watching a boxelder bug slide down the door because it can’t properly cling to the glass.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The $5 coating on Amazon

Looks kind familiar. Wonder if there’s a significant difference between this and the expensive stuff?

Was thinking for stuff around the house more than cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Random thought- I use a waterless wash for cleaning the sliding glass patio doors..
    OOOOH you guys who can use a WW/RW on glass make me envious!

We wouldn`t use it on the exterior of windows/doors though, as it might make it hard on the frogs that we like seeing. They climb around on the glass and eat the bugs that interior lighting attracts. We even leave some lights on overnight to keep the cafeteria in business
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Wonder if there’s a significant difference between this and the expensive stuff?
    Wouldn`t that be something? I`m not sure whether I`d laugh or cry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wouldn`t that be something? I`m not sure whether I`d laugh or cry.
    in this guys testing it didn`t fair very well. https://www.youtube.com/user/shibbeler
    i linked his whole channel because it`s got a lot of good tests.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, ShakingHorizons, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if this would be almost as good as my scangrip for 1/3 of the price.
    The scangrip has a CRI of 95, but is lower in everyother category.
    BTW, this is @ Sam`s Club for $70.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, there is a big difference in the 80 CRI you have vs 95 CRI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    IMO, there is a big difference in the 80 CRI you have vs 95 CRI
    I`m sure there is a difference, but is it a $200 difference?
    I have the scangrip now and love it and want 1 or 2 more, but I`m just a part timer.
    Then again, I dont want to waste the money on these just to buy the scangrips later.
    This is just more for convenience, saving me time of moving the light from one side to the other.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sometime, I still prefer a good old fashion light bulb at a angle - like we use to do it in the old skool way..

If you want bang for the buck, and you`re into power tools, how about some Milwaukee LEDs. I do use them when detailing sometimes.....I have the handheld flood 1200 Lumens, floodlight - goes up to 3K lumens and also 2 Rocket Towers. And it`s cordless lighting to boot, with all of them taking AC voltage except for the 1200 Lumens handheld

Not exactly high CRI as well, but the red lights are 85 CRI if I recall
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If being used for swirl-spotting, it can be kinda surprising what works well/doesn`t. I *still* find a regular old bare incandescent bulb, is *VERY* good for simulating the "lights in parking lot at night" conditions. Even just a little 60w can work fine. Lumens, CRI, those don`t always factor in at all, at least not in a functionally desirable way, at least IME.
    Likes WashRinseRepeat liked this post
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Page 198 of 216 FirstFirst ... 98148184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast

Thread Information