Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, I used to go all nutso over car audio (primarily Nakamichi stuff) but haven`t cared for decades..
    Hell yeah. Back in the mid early 80`s I was rocking Nak subs and amp`s. The amp was wasted as it was so low in distortion or coloring. Canton-Kef-Alpine. Now I keep it simple with ARC Audio and Morel Elates. Nak stuff now is junk sadly

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh...so many things just aren`t what they used to be

Seems like current head units are just too, uhm...modern...for me, weird controls/displays that require interpretation/observation to operate, which is virtually impossible without taking my eyes off the road. But eh, I`m OK with what we have so I can stick with just not caring.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Yep. Yesterday she blew me off when I asked for help shopping for a few new clothes since I lost 15 lbs post heart attack in the hospital.

Later that day she said she got sunburned at the pool with her friends.

That was the last straw I just wanted to sleep on my decision.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    A lot more fish in the ocean, and the ocean is very deep. It took me a long time to find a good one, but they are out there. You did right dropping this one.
    Likes jrock645, Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it concern anyone that all the Returned Open Box Special Rupes machines all had Module Failures ??
    Do they all have this issue ??
    Oh, just so you know, my Makita has had Zero failures - ever -
    Dan F
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Summer`s here!

Thermostat on the wall at work shows 90°. 50% humidity, 76° dewpoint, "feels like" 99 outside. Not much of a breeze blowin through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Does it concern anyone that all the Returned Open Box Special Rupes machines all had Module Failures ??
    Dan F
    I wonder if it`s just part of their reconditioning process? Like I`m sure any refurbished phone/tablet gets a new touchscreen just as SOP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I wonder if it`s just part of their reconditioning process? Like I`m sure any refurbished phone/tablet gets a new touchscreen just as SOP?
    I wouldn`t be so sure about that. Refurb`d equipment is no different than a used car. The seller probably runs a checklist and only replaces those items which fail to perform to a certain spec. I doubt phones and tablets get a new screen unless they are in really bad shape and/or their oleophobic coating is heavily degraded. Many probably get a good cleaning and pushed on. The re-seller or OEM is out to make money on the sale of the refurb, so the fewer parts they add, the more money they make on the sale.

As for the polishers, if the module failure is the most common failure and the rest of the tool is in great shape, they probably just clean it up, replace the failed part and push it back out.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else do any Detailing to their trash can(s)?

When our Garbage Service switched to different cans, the first one was in, uhm...unacceptable condition. They wouldn`t replace it over that, but they did replace it over, uhm....some severe subsequent damage that befell it immediately following that refusal. Got a nice, new clean one and I`ve kept it that way, same as I had with the older ones.

I clean ours weekly, merely wiping it down with ~QD-strength IUDJ inside and out with an old cotton towel, occasionally using a Magic Eraser (with IUDJ) if there`s something nasty from contact with the truck. Quick and easy, and the inside stays nice since we use liner bags; zero bad odor once they`ve picked up so wiping that out isn`t bad. Whatever the IUDJ leaves behind has built up to where the can is now basically "waxed" for all practical purposes.

Our lid had two handles; we use one *only* with clean hands, otherwise we use the other handle, that way the first one is always clean enough that "taking out the trash" doesn`t require subsequent handwashing (the can is kept in our smaller, attached garage).

Nobody else I know IRL does any of that. I gather that finding the 3-5 minutes is a problem.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else do any Detailing to their trash can(s)?

When our Garbage Service switched to different cans, the first one was in, uhm...unacceptable condition. They wouldn`t replace it over that, but they did replace it over, uhm....some severe subsequent damage that befell it immediately following that refusal. Got a nice, new clean one and I`ve kept it that way, same as I had with the older ones.

I clean ours weekly, merely wiping it down with ~QD-strength IUDJ inside and out with an old cotton towel, occasionally using a Magic Eraser (with IUDJ) if there`s something nasty from contact with the truck. Quick and easy, and the inside stays nice since we use liner bags; zero bad odor once they`ve picked up so wiping that out isn`t bad. Whatever the IUDJ leaves behind has built up to where the can is now basically "waxed" for all practical purposes.

Our lid had two handles; we use one *only* with clean hands, otherwise we use the other handle, that way the first one is always clean enough that "taking out the trash" doesn`t require subsequent handwashing (the can is kept in our smaller, attached garage).

Nobody else I know IRL does any of that. I gather that finding the 3-5 minutes is a problem.
    No way. Mine is nasty and ugly and the way the city dumps the can into the garbage truck I really don’t want to touch it even to put garbage into it. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Dan F
    I noticed this too, but it must not be a big thing or the forums would be lit up with reports. I’ve got 7 Rupes polishers and 0 problems so far (knock on wood).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I noticed this too, but it must not be a big thing or the forums would be lit up with reports. I’ve got 7 Rupes polishers and 0 problems so far (knock on wood).
    Oh, good ! I`m glad that your 7 Rupes machines have had 0 problems..

Perhaps the factory got a run of bad parts that of course, they didn`t know about and hopefully, they will all be in for servicing and all will be good..
    It just worried me that all those returned machines all say about the same thing in the repair report, failed Module...

I see more and more things acting up like that lately..
    Example - I have been using Sonicare products for about 20 years I think, for sure since they came out..
    All has been lovely; their brush heads do wear out, so one purchases new ones..
    For the past full year, perhaps a little longer, the replacements are not exactly the same size where they install onto the Sonicare electric brush..
    The opening in the brush head is a little larger now, so they begin to vibrate and make an annoying noise that they never used to make..
    So in true Autopian innovation, I figured out if I put just enough teflon tape around the part that the brush head attaches to, it will take up that micro-slack there and the brush head will be normal again..
    And it is!!!
    Thank your Dr.Teflon or whoever invented that tape!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

One of my clients and his wife just came over to visit
    He recently got his cat upgraded to 837 at wheels. Around 967 engine hp.

Took me for a ride

Oh my goodness. Holy moly. Etc etc...

Then he pulls over and hands me the keys.. I said I can`t because when i go to get a hellcat it will feel too slow, lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    ...[he]...hands me the keys.. I said I can`t because when i go to get a hellcat it will feel too slow, lol..
    Heh heh, actually...I won`t drive a Charger in large part because it`d, uhm...affect my ability to enjoy the Crown Vic and I`ll never consider owning a Charger anyhow so it`d be a temptation to want something that`s just not in the cards- no win in that for me.

And that`s despite knowing that I can`t appreciate really powerful cars on the street!

Post Thanks / Like

And that`s despite knowing that I can`t appreciate really powerful cars on the street!
    that`s why I don`t worry about how much power a car has anymore. I`ll trade power for a great handling, tossable car any day. Great handling I can enjoy immensely at normal speeds. That`s why miatas are so prevalent as track cars. Although they can be boosted pretty good with a fair amount of money, but a lot of them are not.Don`t get me wrong power is fun, but not that fun on the street. I don`t need tickets, wrecks, or heaven forbid kill someone because I was speeding.

Page 193 of 216 FirstFirst ... 93143179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast

Thread Information