Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Yeah with the computer screens and integrated info systems nowadays, self installs are difficult. Pretty much have to keep the stock HU, but wiring around it to keep all functionality can be a challenge. Plus, tuning a DSP isn’t always the easiest thing if you haven’t done it. And more than anything, while I can do the work I’m a bit sloppy. This Acura is just too nice of a car to have a messy install.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The hassle of swapping everything is why I`m stuck with the sad excuse for a Kicker stereo in my Challenger.

Only redeeming quality it really has besides the GPS that`s limited to 2008 is the fact that you can actually save music to it and it still play cds from the dash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sports talk radio sounds just fine through my factory radio. I am more of a home audio freak.

Post Thanks / Like

First time outside except To go to the doctor in over a month. Sitting out on the front deck watching. Took a few pictures. A little baby bunny. Tons of blue birds out.not the greatest pictures, the lightning is what it is.
    Random thoughts thread-img_0253.jpgRandom thoughts thread-img_0246.jpgRandom thoughts thread-img_0250.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I hope Mr Dash doesnt get mad...

Watch out some of those people do crazy things when they get jealous.
    Likes 512detail, Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh...oe stereos...the bottom-spec one in the Crown Vic is, uhm...well, it`s reliable as in, it turns on and makes sounds. Nasty sounds if it`s on FM and the rear defog is on, but just [crappy] sounds as long as the defog is off. At least it has a CD player.

Gee, I used to go all nutso over car audio (primarily Nakamichi stuff) but haven`t cared for decades..
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

coleroad- That bunny looks *big* for a "baby"! We had little ones earlier this year, ate all the best Forget-me-nots that we`d had for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    coleroad- That bunny looks *big* for a "baby"! We had little ones earlier this year, ate all the best Forget-me-nots that we`d had for years.
    He`s about half the size of the adults right now. They are about a month old now from when I first saw them. I saw from the window yesterday, that the maine coon had a prairie dog. He was carrying it under the deck. He`s probably the reason we haven`t had a mouse problem here.

You have high class rabbits, only the best for them.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

coleroad- We`re still...uhm, in-between cats since the passing of our last one. Not that *she* was of any help with the rodents- we`d seen chipmunks hide *under her* to escape the younger dog!

Our first two cats were real hunters, could use `em at this house, but I`d never realized how much *WORK* cat ownership was until we didn`t have one (got my first cat immediately after buying my first house). We currently have a few Ferals that appear well-fed, but the coolest of those (really agile, impressive as all get-out) had a little interaction with that same younger dog and probably won`t be back any time soon.

I bet a Maine Coon can do some preyin` when in the mood!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Booked my car audio install today for when I`m on vacation here in a couple of weeks. Breathtaking amount of money but it`s going to be awesome. Hertz Mille 3 way front stage, Mille coax rears, 2 5 channel JL audio vxi amps, and two 10" JL subs. Custom fiberglass boxes built into the corners of the trunk so I won`t lose any space, and custom fabrication for the 3" midrange speakers in the A pillars. Had a nice sound system(self installed) in my Accord, but this is going to flat out be a monster.
    Jrock645 -Congrats on the new tunes install !!
    Are they also going to do something like Dynamat the entire interior including doors?
    I had that done to a couple of new trucks (Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Harley Davidson), back when I was working at VZW, and it really made a huge difference in how much quieter it was inside those loud trucks..
    Should have found a way to keep them..
    Oh well, someone else is so thrilled every day they go out and start them up..
    Let us know sometimes how the awesome system your`re getting sounds! You Lucky !!!
    Dan F
    Likes jrock645, SWETM, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Jrock645 -Congrats on the new tunes install !!
    Are they also going to do something like Dynamat the entire interior including doors?
    I had that done to a couple of new trucks (Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Harley Davidson), back when I was working at VZW, and it really made a huge difference in how much quieter it was inside those loud trucks..
    Should have found a way to keep them..
    Oh well, someone else is so thrilled every day they go out and start them up..
    Let us know sometimes how the awesome system your`re getting sounds! You Lucky !!!
    Dan F
    Im doing all the sound deadening myself. I’ve got dynamat, foam and mass loaded vinyl in the doors. Also put dynamat in the rear deck and trunk. Plus a sheet of foam in the rear deck to prevent rattling. Lined the spare tire well with vinyl to drown out the exhaust drone. Will eventually pull the seats out and do the whole floor with dynamat and luxury liner. Sound deadening, while time consuming, isn’t something I’m willing to pay a shop $89 an hour to do.

Have a rattle in one one of my passenger side doors that I’m chasing now. Just can’t find it. But yeah, sound deadening makes a huge difference.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dated this girl for several months and she still hasn`t bothered to come see me post heart attack. Shes off all summer being a teacher and all.

Telling her good riddance via text seemed apt given her lack of give a ....

Brandt K.
    Likes Nizmo, jrock645, SWETM, trashmanssd, Coleroad and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Dated this girl for several months and she still hasn`t bothered to come see me post heart attack. Shes off all summer being a teacher and all.

Telling her good riddance via text seemed apt given her lack of give a ....

Unfortunate, but people showing their true colors often makes it very easy to wave bye-bye.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Unfortunate, but people showing their true colors often makes it very easy to wave bye-bye.
    Yep. Yesterday she blew me off when I asked for help shopping for a few new clothes since I lost 15 lbs post heart attack in the hospital.

Later that day she said she got sunburned at the pool with her friends.

That was the last straw I just wanted to sleep on my decision.

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I found a new hobby...painting

Brandt K.

Page 192 of 216 FirstFirst ... 92142178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast

Thread Information