Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    To all my Floridian Friends--
    I am so sorry to see what happened at the School in Parkland, Broward, County today..
    This is so sad...
    Love, Prayers of Faith, Comforter, coming to all..
    Dan F
    My daughters have friends that were upstairs in the Senior class area

They buried a friend today !!!

We almost moved there instead of Boca as their High School is highly rated...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My heart goes out to the Florida folks. I know loss is a part of life, but you hate when it`s kids. And it should never come like that.

A friend of ours little girl lost a classmate (8 year old boy) who got hit by a drunk snowmobiler that plowed through the icehouse the kid and his dad were setting up on a lake. It was at least the guy`s 3rd alcohol offense. May there be a special place reserved for him...

And on a more positive note - thanks for all the driving posts. Reminds me why I read so much on Autopia - even though the most Autopian Detailing skill I have is the eye to see all the flaws, it feels like a house of kindred spirits.
    I too am a grumpy old man (of 34) about kids racing through neighborhoods and hooning around places they shouldn`t. Like others, I used to do the same, but grew out of speeding around neighborhoods when I was still in tech school.

I used to Autocross and do track days, and applied way too many of those skills on the road. Fortunately I never had any "events"; my come-to-senses moment was in my track-puppy M3 on a big sweeping entrance ramp. I was doing triple digits since conditions/tires/traffic allowed, and even though there was no drama there was still that realization like Accumulator mentioned - if ANYthing happened at that speed, it would be a big deal. And surely it wouldn`t be just me affected (even if I was the only one injured). Since then I`ve toned it way down.

I still enjoy driving, but pretty well stick to empty cloverleafs these days. And empty snowy industrial parks.
    Likes 512detail, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping the weather is nice tomorrow morning because I haven`t cleaned my car in about two weeks and its driving me nuts. I still have the water splash off on it from last Saturday when I detailed that Hyundai.

I can`t wait until the sun is no longer almost down at 6pm when I get off work. I miss washing my car after work on a Friday.

Brandt K.
    Likes Nizmo, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I am really hoping the weather is nice tomorrow morning because I haven`t cleaned my car in about two weeks and its driving me nuts. I still have the water splash off on it from last Saturday when I detailed that Hyundai.
    Be lucky you live in the South, last time I washed the GTI was about a month ago, and it was though the touchless. Think it was the last time I drove it as well. The Camry is white instead of gray, as is the Jeep. The S10, we`re not even going to talk about it. It`s a nice shade of PA road salt and mud brown...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I`m at month 2 I think on mine - it`s pretty disgusting. I really only have time to do it on the weekend, and lately its either been raining, 40 degrees, or both.

I know 40`s isn`t bad for you northern folks, but i`m not touching a hose if it`s under 50 or so. I hate cold.
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    I`m at month 2 I think on mine - it`s pretty disgusting. I really only have time to do it on the weekend, and lately its either been raining, 40 degrees, or both.

I know 40`s isn`t bad for you northern folks, but i`m not touching a hose if it`s under 50 or so. I hate cold.
    Under 78 right now I`m cold........ Cancer sucks
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Nizmo, Stokdgs, trashmanssd, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How we perceive events determines our resiliency.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gal Gadot is soooooooooo flippin hot

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Reminds me of the Thomas Theorem

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post

I`m with you on the below 50 and not washing, guess it stemmed from me living in the South for a number of years. I actually had a hot water spigot at that house, so was spoiled by it. Never attached the hose to it, but was nice for filling the buckets.

Thinking I need to bring the car out today. It`s supposed to snow in the afternoon, so I`m sure they`ll be treating the roads, but I can`t take it anymore, lol. I`ll run it through the touchless before putting it back in my garage. Hoping I can fit the 21 gal compressor I plan on buying today in the hatch, I can fit a stupid amount of stuff in there with the seats down. We bought some bikes for the nieces for Christmas and was trying to figure out how to put them in the Camry. Went over to the GTI and put down the seats, the 2 bikes fit perfect! I think I could have fit 4-5 in there!
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, was a good morning, well kind of. Went to pick-up an air compressor at Harbor Freight, but I took the GTI. I know full well it would fit, but the staff went full stupid when I told them what it was going in. I showed them!

Also my order from Autopia was sitting on the porch when I got home, nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Nizmo- Did you put the compressor in yourself or, uhm....direct the HF guy on how to behave/not around your car? When I bought my new polypropylene utility carts from them it was easiest to just tell `em I`d rather do it all myself.

EDIT: Oh boy, I can think of all sorts of you-gotta-have-it stuff now that you have air power
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Nizmo- Did you put the compressor in yourself or, uhm....direct the HF guy on how to behave/not around your car? When I bought my new polypropylene utility carts from them it was easiest to just tell `em I`d rather do it all myself.

EDIT: Oh boy, I can think of all sorts of you-gotta-have-it stuff now that you have air power
    It was a bit heavy to do it myself, so I needed their help. The bumper is scratched up already unfortunately, so why not a couple more, which is exactly what happened.

I`ve had a small 2 gallon compressor for a while, but needed something bigger and better. I know it`s from Harbor Freight, but it is an oil lubricated motor and seems to get alot of good reviews. Also got a $20 off coupon last night to use. Plan on running permanent air lines in the garage so I don`t have to drag a hose all around. Gonna get an impact and a couple air grinders/cutters to start off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Remember to also factor in how you respond to those perceptions

Oh gee...life-advice from me to you

Page 164 of 216 FirstFirst ... 64114150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178214 ... LastLast

Thread Information