Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

sure are a lot of angry people calling my office today

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

To all my Floridian Friends--
    I am so sorry to see what happened at the School in Parkland, Broward, County today..
    This is so sad...
    Love, Prayers of Faith, Comforter, coming to all..
    Dan F
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    To all my Floridian Friends--
    I am so sorry to see what happened at the School in Parkland, Broward, County today..
    This is so sad...
    Love, Prayers of Faith, Comforter, coming to all..
    Dan F
    Devistating
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sitting in my front bedroom office (I work from home) and I hear a v8 engine revving and what was undoubtedly a pretty impressive donut session somewhere in the area and a subsequent hasty exit with some hard shifting.

and all I can think of is... I wanna do that!

Brandt K.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt - can`t let that guy stomp on your turf. Go mark your territory haha
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Brandt - can`t let that guy stomp on your turf. Go mark your territory haha
    hahahaha I`m going on lunch to see where the black marks are.. that car came back down the road outside my neighborhood a few minutes ago and it sounded like it had some considerable speed going (its a 30mph SCHOOL area- geez)

I thought I was about to have to open up my safe and take a ride. Never know these days.

Brandt K.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    .... that car came back down the road outside my neighborhood a few minutes ago and it sounded like it had some considerable speed going (its a 30mph SCHOOL area- geez)...
    Geez is right....all fun & games until it`s not. Yeah, yeah..I`m old and so [darn] serious but that kind of [stuff] is what changes lives. [sarcasm]Oh, sure...had some kid/dog/whatever darted out in front of that driver it would`ve gone OK or "hey, it`s the victim`s fault for being so stupid". [/sarcasm]

Yeah#2 I did such nonsense too and I caused...[bad results]..and/but I was an irresponsible [jerk] for doing it and should`ve known better but at least things never turned out worse than they did.

Yeah#3, sorry,please pardon my rant...gee, I could turn into the Official Wet Blanket of Autopia.. nothing worse than a reformed anything, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. A, I wouldn`t worry about being a wet blanket. We`ve all done dumb things in our past that cause us to cringe later and/or be thankful nothing serious happened as a consequence.

older, wiser, etc. Or at least that`s the way it`s supposed to work

Post Thanks / Like

nickclark08- Yeah...I can usually do the "all`s well if ya live to tell", but when there *were* serious consequences it can really make an impression, even if only years later.

When it comes to, uhm...nutty driving on public roads, I`m not some Traffic Law Nazi; I figure plenty of people can safely drive *way* over the posted limit just fine...triple digits aren`t any big deal to me or my wife at all and I`ll lift a tire on the Tahoe now and then on a certain off-ramp (even the dogs are used to it by now; they know exactly what "hold on!" means). BUT...you gotta be in 100% complete control every single second or else leave that for the track. That includes allowing for any *reasonably possible* contingency (if you ever blow a tire at speed it gets very interesting very fast). I used to tell my students "if the rear bumper falls off the car ahead of you, you shouldn`t have to care if you`re on top of the situation".

As I`ve posted before, when VDI tested various drivers (no prep, just one-and-done like IRL), the "car guys", who`ve been to School and do Track Days/etc. only scored slightly higher than the typical (incompetent) driver, and they weren`t even *CLOSE* to what`s a Passing Score as per VDI standards (which are accepted by ISE/etc., yeah there`s an Official International Standard for "good driving", and VDI was chosen to determine it).
    Likes Oneheadlite, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just don`t see any reason for that kind of driving. I can still hear what sounds like the same vehicle periodically running through some RPMs. I`m not going to lie, I love that sound but it has absolutely no place on a road in my neighborhood. None of my clients have ever done that, because I ask them to wait until the access road to the interstate. And I can hear them respecting my request about a minute later once they hit that access road.

edit: we deal with nonsense like this in our club when (new) people leave the events...but they usually end up donating to the local LEO

Brandt K.
    Likes Oneheadlite, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

sheeez.. I just thought... I must be the oldest 34 and 2 month year old in this town.... doh!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512Detail
    .. None of my clients have ever done that...

Given what so many of your clients drive, that`s really great to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail
    sheeez.. I just thought... I must be the oldest 34 and 2 month year old in this town.... doh!
    Yeah, I`m probably the oldest nearly-58yo in my town too. But then I was about the youngest (i.e., least mature ) twenty/thirty-something for a long while too.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    But then I was about the youngest (i.e., least mature ) twenty/thirty-something for a long while too.
    My twenties...well I`ll just say I`m glad I don`t have to relive them.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Bwahaha! I`m 28, but a total grumpy old man already (think kids get off my lawn guy). The other day when I was shoveling the driveway some kids were out driving a little too fast (for my street in normal conditions at that) and stopped them and gave them a piece of my mind. Guy across from me thought it was hilarious. Was totally expecting to get the houses egged after that.

On the flip side my one neighbor hates my car and I`ll do everything in my power to make the car loud past his house when he`s out...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Oneheadlite, 512detail, nickclark08 liked this post

Page 163 of 216 FirstFirst ... 63113149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177213 ... LastLast

Thread Information