Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

I`ll admit Dodge people can be a little ridiculous...there is a very heated thread on a Dodge Challengers FB page because someone posted a pic of a Hellcat and a Ford GT assuming they were even comparable, ha. They should have at least put the Demon, but they are still not even in the same category.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I am craving ice cream very badly today. Weird cold ice cream helps cure my winter depression. Oh how I love junk food!
    Likes Ronkh, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`ll admit Dodge people can be a little ridiculous...there is a very heated thread on a Dodge Challengers FB page because someone posted...
    [Original Post DELETED]

I was gonna post something snarky about the Dodge commercials (which I consider irresponsible and aimed at the Childish Adult demographic) and the behavior of certain people, like those who argue this kind of stuff on the internet.. but I waste enough bandwidth (like this right here).
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I am craving ice cream very badly today. Weird cold ice cream helps cure my winter depression. Oh how I love junk food!
    Heh heh, that is just SO outside of my experience and beyond my understanding...but if it helps with SAAD then hey, it helps.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    [Original Post DELETED]

I was gonna post something snarky about the Dodge commercials (which I consider irresponsible and aimed at the Childish Adult demographic) and the behavior of certain people, like those who argue this kind of stuff on the internet.. but I waste enough bandwidth (like this right here).
    I just drive the car. It was the fastest car I could afford at 24.

It`s my local mopar family that keeps me interested in the vehicles. Trust me if I could afford a Z06 or something like I`d probably buy one.

I do agree their commercials can lead to certain thoughts.

The Hellcats also let in a lot of dodge owners that probably should have gone to another manufacturer. They are more like the commercials.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Heh heh, IMO you`re outside of the Target Demographic for your car (from me that`s a compliment ) and hey...yours is a *LOT* more sensible that the stuff I was driving at your age! I was firmly in the "irresponsible idiot" demographic at that age, probably woulda killed myself in something like a Hellcat, or even just a lesser SRT
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Heh heh, IMO you`re outside of the Target Demographic for your car (from me that`s a compliment ) and hey...yours is a *LOT* more sensible that the stuff I was driving at your age! I was firmly in the "irresponsible idiot" demographic at that age, probably woulda killed myself in something like a Hellcat, or even just a lesser SRT
    I`m just happy I lived through my 99 ls1 trans am high school days.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my close friends just moved to the area..now my local friends list is 1. Haha

Nobody wants to live in the `Burbs.

Brandt K.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Any old farts here (like me) who remember the sticker shock when CD`s first came out? If so, go check out the price of vinyl.
    Back then it was because CD manufacturing was more costly (required a clean room etc, etc). What is their excuse for 70 year old technology being so expensive? Other than the fact that people who have fond memories of flipping through albums at a record store as teens are now in their peak earning years.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Any old farts here (like me) who remember the sticker shock when CD`s first came out? If so, go check out the price of vinyl.
    Back then it was because CD manufacturing was more costly (required a clean room etc, etc). What is their excuse for 70 year old technology being so expensive? Other than the fact that people who have fond memories of flipping through albums at a record store as teens are now in their peak earning years.
    Because they know we dumb enough to pay it....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Nutbread liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone on this forum is so damn cynical. It is because there are not very many record cutting manufacturing plants around anymore. They ones that still exist tend to make the high quality pressings on thicker than normal records made from a better material. Not the same records you got from the Columbia record club back in the day. The people purchasing records today are doing it for the audiophile quality.
    Likes Nutbread, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`m just happy I lived through my 99 ls1 trans am high school days..
    Heh heh, yeah...F bodies (specifically TAs) helped make me a genuine menace to myself and others. Didn`t actually become a decent driver until my 30s, wasn`t actually *good* until my 50s! Had there been today`s cars yesterday I wouldn`t be here posting this.

One of my close friends just moved to the area..now my local friends list is 1. Haha

Nobody wants to live in the `Burbs...
    Where *do* they all want to live in your neck of the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by nutbread
    Any old farts here (like me) who remember the sticker shock when CD`s first came out?
    What I remember is the hassle of using "adaptors" that held the CDs, couldn`t just slide the disc itself into the car players for the first generation. Somehow escaped me that they were pricey though..

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY
    ..[Record comanies]..that still exist tend to make the high quality pressings on thicker than normal records made from a better material...for the audiophile quality.
    That. I consider myself kinda tone-deaf/clueless when it comes to Audiphile stuff, but even I can appreciate the diff when I hear a high-grade record on a really good system (not that I care enough to own such stuff myself).

Any old farts here (like me) who remember the sticker shock when CD`s first came out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Everyone on this forum is so damn cynical. It is because there are not very many record cutting manufacturing plants around anymore. They ones that still exist tend to make the high quality pressings on thicker than normal records made from a better material. Not the same records you got from the Columbia record club back in the day. The people purchasing records today are doing it for the audiophile quality.
    Direct to disc.

Actually we probably paid more in today`s $$$$ back in "the old days" for direct quality.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about the discs or the players? I honestly don`t recall LP vs. CD pricing, but I do recall the first-gen CD players being about $900-1000, the second-gen being $500-600. I bought at the 3rd-gen when they were $200-300. That was what, 1964?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I remember. Chesky records, Wilson Audio, Mobile Fidelity Labs used to make direct to disc vinyl records using 1st generation master tapes or live straight to the cutting machine. They`ve always cost more than a normal record, but I guess a normal record is not even a choice anymore. All the vinyl seems to be special pressings now.

Page 159 of 216 FirstFirst ... 59109145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173209 ... LastLast

Thread Information