Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

I rarely go to Walmart anymore. I like saving money on groceries but I just can’t deal with the lines. They have like 20 checkout lanes but literally have 2 open most of the time. The self check was always so problematic. He machine would need an employee to swipe a card but they’d be too busy goofing off and I couldn’t get their attention. One time that happened, I walked off and left my groceries sitting on the scanner. I haven’t been back since.
    Likes Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I rarely go to Walmart anymore. I like saving money on groceries but I just can’t deal with the lines. They have like 20 checkout lanes but literally have 2 open most of the time. The self check was always so problematic. He machine would need an employee to swipe a card but they’d be too busy goofing off and I couldn’t get their attention. One time that happened, I walked off and left my groceries sitting on the scanner. I haven’t been back since.
    Mi Amigo Jrock645 !
    You are so lucky you dont have to go there any longer...

Out here in farmland country, the Wally-Crack-World is my closest choice, so I go there for necessities..
    It is Exactly that way over here -- 10 check out lines, perhaps 2 slow checkers working them, and the nutty self-check-out-maze that never works right...

What I dislike even more - this Crack-World is a 24-hour crack-house, so WHY do they block all the food isles early in the morning with restocking pallets and people ??? What do they do all night long??? (well, besides get high outside in the parking lot?

In all the years of these giant things, has no one EVER figured out how to manage shipments at night (since you are already there, right?) and make it easier for us who want to shop early before all goes haywire in there when people come out of their coma`s and want munchies, etc.. ? ? ?)

My only other choices are a Raley`s that you literally "See Dead People" walking, crawling around, crunching every package trying to read it, etc., with matching check out lines that well, last a lifetime...

Or a very old, dark and dirty, Bel Air that has all groceries 15-20% higher for what reason, I know not... And not even stocked with enough of anything...
    Dan F
    Likes jrock645, ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jrock645 ------------- How did you like the TLX test drive ???????

I have an old 2007 TL Type-S, so am always happy to hear how this model has improved...
    Tks,
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, come to think of it I haven`t been in a Walmart for ages. They`re not even the cheapest in my area these days, at least not for groceries. Heh heh, I get some stuff (which is usually of incredibly good quality) at Aldi, the kind of grocery store where, uhm...people go when they don`t want to dress up for Walmart I`m definitely outside their normal customer demographic and it seems to work well for me; everybody stays out of my way,no one wants to make eye contact with me, and people often offer to let me cut in front of them in the checkout line...it`s a bit weird actually, I figure they think I`m LE or somesuch.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Jrock645 ------------- How did you like the TLX test drive ???????

I have an old 2007 TL Type-S, so am always happy to hear how this model has improved...
    Tks,
    Dan F
    I liked it! V6 had a nice throaty growl to it. Love the red Aspec interior! Wont be buying for a couple more months but was good to take advantage of some free time and get the teat drive out of the way. Pay my car off after i get my tax refund and then just wait for the prices to wiggle down a bit once May gets here.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I liked it! V6 had a nice throaty growl to it. Love the red Aspec interior! Wont be buying for a couple more months but was good to take advantage of some free time and get the teat drive out of the way. Pay my car off after i get my tax refund and then just wait for the prices to wiggle down a bit once May gets here.
    Is that the Acura that advertises as having the dual clutch auto?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Is that the Acura that advertises as having the dual clutch auto?

Hey Brandt !
    How you doing ?

Acura offers for 2018, an 8-speed dual clutch with torque converter transmission, and a 9-speed automatic transmission..

I don`t know this for sure but it sounds like they put the torque converter in there as well on the 8-speed, to smooth out the harder shifts of a dual clutch tranny??

They got rid of the Beak Nose so that`s also a plus..
    Dan F
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i do believe its a 9 speed DCT on the V6. 8 speed for the 4 banger.

Post Thanks / Like

I see some ad on TV for Hughes Net, a satellite provider that claims they can get you Internet, have you thought about them ?
    Hopefully some day there may be real fiber out there and your worries about bandwidth will be so over..
    Ughh. I wouldn`t consider Huges Net an option.

The service may have improved some, but 9 years ago the experience was terrible. When I moved from Hawaii back to the mainland, I stayed with friends while my house was being built. They lived in a rural neighborhood outside a small town, so their only choice was satellite for both TV and Internet. At the time, they had the "high speed" package offered by Hughes, which was 3Mb down and 1.544 up. Hughes was most likely bonding T-1`s on the transponders. Any heavy snow or rain would knock out service and the data caps were REALLY low. Once at the caps, a customer was throttled to something like 256K down. Since I was working on building a house with my wife still living in Hawaii, I blew up my friends data cap sending pictures back and forth on a couple occasions. My friends were not very technical, and never seemed to notice, but it drove me nuts. I found it easier to go by a Panera or Starbucks after work and use the free WiFi rather than deal with the service where I was staying.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brandt !
    How you doing ?

Acura offers for 2018, an 8-speed dual clutch with torque converter transmission, and a 9-speed automatic transmission..

I don`t know this for sure but it sounds like they put the torque converter in there as well on the 8-speed, to smooth out the harder shifts of a dual clutch tranny??

They got rid of the Beak Nose so that`s also a plus..
    Dan F
    Hey Dan. It`s unusually cold here.
    They`re going crazy here over the weather on the news.

Central Texas has frozen over so everyone is acting ridiculously here. I`m glad I work from home.

On the acuras-
    I almost got a 09 or 08 tl-s in dark grey back in 2010 but went with the rdx instead.

I`ve always liked the Acuras but I don`t really like the new exterior styling.

That transmission is interesting, though.
    I would have a hard time giving up my torque.

I want to drive a camaro with the 10 speed auto. Just seems crazy to have that many gears. I have 5.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s 37 degrees here right now. Got down to 30 or less least night.

I need to buy a boat and float out to the equator.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was 17 this am with 10 inches of snow...a lot for us. The insulated garage helps with temps in mid-40`s.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    It was 17 this am with 10 inches of snow...a lot for us. The insulated garage helps with temps in mid-40`s.
    This global warming SUCKS !!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I`m actually jealous! I like winter and don`t mind the snow. However in the last three years we`ve only seen measurable snow twice. Both times have been in the last six weeks and neither storm left more than an inch or two. Really strange since we`re farther north than your location.

What bugs me is the weeks of temperatures in single digits/teens with sub-zero wind chill. If it is going to be that cold, I want snow!
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"I am so old that I can remember when we called illegal aliens illegal aliens, when people paid their own medical bills, and when New Yorker cartoons were funny."
    Thanks Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Page 157 of 216 FirstFirst ... 57107143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171207 ... LastLast

Thread Information