Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Picked up the new Call Of Duty tonight. Had a blast playing......LOVE that they went back to the WWII setting and got away from the futuristic garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I`m currently playing Wolfenstein, tough as nails! New COD looks good but was never a fan of the series. Too much futuristic garbage, as you said. Wouldn`t mind playing the new one, but I`ll wait till it`s cheap. Heard the campaign was pretty short.
    Finished the campaign for Call Duty, thought the campaign was great. It was about 8-12 hours play time depending how thorough you played it. The online is not for me it is mostly run and gun with no penalty for dying. My favorite online shooter is Ranbow Six, you die your out till next round and its best of 5 rounds. Also love Rainbow because it rewards teams and players who use tactics and work as a team and are more methodical.

Plan on grabbing Wolfenstein and Forza 7 used in a month or so. Should make for some fun winter gaming since i hate the cold and refuse to go out in the winter.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

About this Matt Lauer thing, and the larger general issue...

Make no mistake, this guy should’ve been fired a long time ago if he was doing as alleged. That said, I find it concerning that we now have multiple people reported-and I’m sure they’re not the first or last- to have lost their job because of an allegation. Is that the burden of proof? I realize and get that workplaces aren’t courtrooms but that’s scary. All goes back to legal precedent of “corporations are people.”

But this could very very well be the next revolution in the wealth/power struggle. What’s to stop a grassroots movement from colluding to accuse people holding powerful jobs of such things as a means to oust them? They could be women, minority or special interest group of any type. If all it take is a couple of people telling similar but separate stories, requiring no corroboration and no actual evidence then what?

Im just talking hypothetically here, but I can’t help but stop and ask “what if?”
    Likes ShakingHorizons, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Customer just told me "Its a minivan but no One has ever sat in the passenger or back seat area."

That was just like waving a suspicious red flag to me. Who buys a minivan for one person?
    I gather Dexter Morgan is a fictional serial killer, right?

Anyhow...WE bought our last minivan for basically one person, though the passenger seat got used a few times over the years. No human ever sat in the back seats. Not one time. They came out the day we brought it home and went back in the day we sold it.

Maybe it`ll be as nice as ours was!

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- I hear you on how the "unacceptable sin of the moment" can get (mis)used to undermine people, especially when it`s such an emotionally hot-button issue.

While this will undoubtedly be on of those Subjective Opinion things where some of us simply won`t agree...(yeah, that`s a disclaimer )..

Some accusations are so....hard...for the person making them that credulity might be a bit easier to assign, at least for those of us who know victims of such stuff. The victims I know would *NEVER* go through the whole thing just to fulfill some agenda, but of course there are [individuals] who will do most anything to further their causes. So each case should be considered unique and proper scrutiny/due diligence must be applied.

Big diff between stuff like this and other Big Accusations that got out of hand like The Red Scare = This stuff is genuinely serious on a personal level, it`s not just some abstraction gone paranoid and run amok. Of course there are, uhm...differing levels of misbehavior..but seriously, it`s just NOT HARD for a decent person to go through life without doing anything even remotely close to inappropriate because decent people don`t do inappropriate stuff.

IMO the companies that are cleaning house would just as happily keep any [individual] on/safe/free to victimize if that made them money, the "corporate outrage" is just a business decision and really has zip to do with "doing the right thing"...unless "the right thing" means TCB.

And heh heh, yeah..I know, I`m sorta Autopia`s Resident Male Feminist in the eyes of some folks. Know enough abused/mistreated women and you can get that way. I somebody had told me that I`d know..personally KNOW...so many victims of sexual misconduct, I`d have said they were crazy, but they really are *that* numerous. It`s not BS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Some accusations are so....hard...for the person making them that credulity might be a bit easier to assign, at least for those of us who know victims of such stuff. The victims I know would *NEVER* go through the whole thing just to fulfill some agenda, but of course there are [individuals] who will do most anything to further their causes. So each case should be considered unique and proper scrutiny/due diligence must be applied.

And heh heh, yeah..I know, I`m sorta Autopia`s Resident Male Feminist in the eyes of some folks. Know enough abused/mistreated women and you can get that way. I somebody had told me that I`d know..personally KNOW...so many victims of sexual misconduct, I`d have said they were crazy, but they really are *that* numerous. It`s not BS.
    This is pretty much how I feel about it too. I have experienced people who wait years to bring something up because it`s traumatic for them and it hurts to talk about. To many, vengeance or retribution in whatever form is not their foremost thought and the only thing they can feel is shame and survival. It can take a long time for someone to gather the courage to face someone, especially if they are in a position of power.

That said, we are in weird situation at the moment as a society. All these people getting fired or accused of any kind of sexual misconduct are being lumped together into one big group whenever there are varying degrees of how terrible they are. I feel like nuance and the ability to find the gray in a situation is slowly eroding to where people approach everything with a scorched earth policy. It`s not simply enough to accuse someone, have them apologize or be held criminally liable if statutes of limitations haven`t run out - you now have to take someone`s livelihood and ruin them over any kind of misbehavior, regardless of the severity.
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I gather Dexter Morgan is a fictional serial killer, right?

Anyhow...WE bought our last minivan for basically one person, though the passenger seat got used a few times over the years. No human ever sat in the back seats. Not one time. They came out the day we brought it home and went back in the day we sold it.

Maybe it`ll be as nice as ours was!
    yes. from the show Dexter on Showtime.
    Well I see what you`re saying but she never got back to me so, oh well. My prices are my prices and I told her if its as immaculate as she says the price would be lower but I don`t quote anything but standard prices site unseen and that`s just a quote at that.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Glad you`re sticking to your prices.

heisenberg- I doubt many would argue that there are transgressions and there are *TRANSGRESSIONS*, that there`s a...range. And if you hug enough people there`s a good chance you`ll touch something you ought not touch and somebody could spin that to suit their agenda (which I assume everybody considers before touching anybody). And yeah...things can be misinterpreted and some people do simply Make Stuff Up. No arguments there.

I hardly ever subscribe to Slippery Slope concerns, but sure...if it turns into some Scorched Earth Inquisition beyond rhyme or reason (uh-oh..subjective value judgement time!) I`ll call "Foul!", but until then...IMO these [individuals] are just reaping what they`ve sown and it`s about time.

Post Thanks / Like

Found these old cards etc cleaning out my 3rd bedroom closet.

Got me all nostalgic. Maybe even a tear or two if I`m being honest.

From "Hey, can I borrow your printer to make these business cards?" to paying someone for a professional logo.

Still a long way to go, but this shed so much perspective on my past, just coming across these old cards and the sign I used to have next to the register of the liquor store I managed. Jurassic Park ad poster theme, hahaha.

I would detail cars in between customer coming in.

I`m finally getting that hustle mentality back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a good night of sleep, played with the kids this morning, had some delicious eggs, bacon, and a couple cups of coffee with the wife, bout to get some stuff done around the house......I could get used to this whole Saturdays off thing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

FedEx and USPS is going to hate me this year. I just did about 95% of my Christmas shopping online this year. Looks to be about 7 different deliveries; hoping the bicycles I ordered for my nieces arrive in one piece for my assembly.

Ordering online in my PJ`s drinking Jager is so much better than fighting the mall...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will like you!

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    FedEx and USPS is going to hate me this year. I just did about 95% of my Christmas shopping online this year. Looks to be about 7 different deliveries; hoping the bicycles I ordered for my nieces arrive in one piece for my assembly.

Ordering online in my PJ`s drinking Jager is so much better than fighting the mall...
    They should be giving you a big warm hug. Everyone needs customers to have a viable business. Even the part timers that are hired for the holidays should be shouting your praise.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2nd year in a row every single one of ours was done online. Nothin better

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Second Hellcat to receive ride of the month

Also my work, though he has added some, IMO, tasteful vinyls and lights

Score another win for Autopians worldwide Random thoughts thread

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes dieselwrench, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny hearing Eric Holder use the phrase "integrity and honesty".............
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks House of Wax, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Page 149 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4999135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163199 ... LastLast

Thread Information