Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Well said, all of it.

Especially, the Roger Goodell part. I hope the NFL starts to lose ratings. I`m actually watching less and less NFL as I get older. I`d rather watch golf
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How things have changed..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbr1hNp-nI4
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes ShakingHorizons, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you`re gonna file a fraudulent insurance claim, you had better hope It doesn`t show up on my desk

I wish I could share this epic story but im not supposed to...all I can say is people never fail to amaze me with what they think they can get away with (and possibly have gotten away with in the past)

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd, DaveT435 liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it wrong to text your client and ask for water bead shots since its raining for days and you want to see how centurion + high gloss beads? lol

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

White is such an unsatisfying color to polish.

Jeep Wranglers are by far the biggest pain in the butt vehicle to detail
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    White is such an unsatisfying color to polish...
    Heh heh, whereas I, OTOH, find white *extremely* satisfying! Go figure, huh?

Jeep Wranglers are by far the biggest pain in the butt vehicle to detail
    Ah, that`s interesting! I`ve never had one, but sometimes wonder about picking one up for a winter beater. But NO MORE tough-to-detail vehicles for me, ever, so thanks for the warning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, whereas I, OTOH, find white *extremely* satisfying! Go figure, huh?

Ah, that`s interesting! I`ve never had one, but sometimes wonder about picking one up for a winter beater. But NO MORE tough-to-detail vehicles for me, ever, so thanks for the warning.

Expand on the white paint thing. Curious to hear your take.

For me, in one sense it`s easy because it doesn`t show defects. On the other hand, you can do your best work ever and the difference isn`t terribly dramatic.

As far as the Jeep thing.....They are cool vehicles for sure. I`ve always liked them (especially the 4 door ones) and mid way through working on the one I did this past weekend I told my wife we should pick her one up to have more of a "fun" vehicle. Until I looked at the used prices and started laughing. I get the cult following they have. I even understand the rugged simplistic design. But the fit and finish/material quality compared to the price they pull is insane. Detailing one is a royal pain in the butt as well. It`s cramped inside and the outside with all the nooks and crannies takes way longer than it feels like it should (at least for me anyway. I admittedly am not the fastest person in the world)

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- With my "quick maintenance washes" on an easy vehicle (my wife`s A8) taking at least 5 hours, anything that`s a PIA or takes a long time (even if it just seems that way) is off the list..so thanks for the warning. Those "nooks and crannies" would probably drive me nuts!

Yeah, the way I can live with minor marring on white does make it nice in that regard, but I genuinely enjoy getting it not only corrected better than it might really need to be for Real Life, but done to that "wow, just look at that!" level. Like...when M205 doesn`t leave a nice enough finish so at least one burnishing pass with something better is required for satisfaction. Weird, huh? I know, most people are all about getting "depth and jetting" on black or something *just right* on red or whatever...I like certain cars in white/silver and find that getting those "boring colors" the way I want them is pretty rewarding. And the way minor flaws don`t show helps me psychologically in that the flaws that *are* there don`t detract from how nice the rest of it is; nobody else would probably see those flaws but they`d still bug me more on another color.

I`ll never forget how such efforts got my (really trashed, actually) white Crown Vic so nice that its current (if he still has it..) owner wouldn`t take "no, not for sale" for an answer, couldn`t believe that something "so NICE!" could be trouble despite my warnings.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess this is the right thread for this:

Regarding the mass shooting in Las Vegas- The most common pic shows a guy and two gals dashing for cover, and looking at how they were attired made me think that had it not been a Country Music show the toll would`ve been much worse....because many of those concert-goers were undoubtedly wearing Cowboy boots, which are decent footwear for emergencies.

These days, many people leave the house in flip-flops or other such footwear that`s simply not gonna cut it in an emergent situation. People I know IRL actually smirk and say stuff like: "oh, nothing`s gonna happen"; I`ll take my chances"; "I`ll be fine." OK, hope that works for you.

All-in-all, I live an awfully safe, secure, 1st World existence, but there`ve been plenty of occasions when wearing functionally appropriate footwear was of critical benefit to me. [Stuff] happens, and Darwinism plays favorites its own way.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized I haven`t washed my car since 9/5..dang

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Random thoughts thread-7627430a-55f2-4162-bb78-e851908abc3b_1.2b1a8f71ec9ed0715f89d043edfd0818.jpg x 24
    reminds me of raiding the garage fridge in High School

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I just realized I haven`t washed my car since 9/5..dang
    If it`s any consolation, it`s been longer than that since I`ve washed any of ours. The Tahoe could stand a cleanup, but the dogs don`t mind...the others look OK since I do the wheels/tires now and then and they haven`t been rained on.

Page 143 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4393129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157193 ... LastLast

Thread Information