Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    512Detail- Gee, makes it sound like your neighborhood might be a little, uhm...iffy.
    I posted on our local neighborhood social media. Everyone said theyve caught kids pulling door handles on their security cameras. I mean, crime does go up when these kids are out of school.

I pulled it in the garage. I`m gonna call around and see about a window motor.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

the last two laps of this british grand prix are insane! SPOILER ALERT IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH IT ---

-----

both Ferrari`s suffer damage on the last or second to last lap (tires) while Hamilton cleans up again

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

612Detail- Huh, wonder if any of those kids caught on video are, uhm...ID-able. But then again, I guess that the days of talking to some kid`s parents and getting `em squared-away are long gone

Yeah, get the window motor (for a few good reasons ), but I`d keep your Situational Awareness cranked up anyhow, sounds like bad [stuff] could happen around there.

Oh man do I feel fortunate to live where I do...don`t always appreciate it until something like this gets me thinking.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    612Detail- Huh, wonder if any of those kids caught on video are, uhm...ID-able. But then again, I guess that the days of talking to some kid`s parents and getting `em squared-away are long gone

Yeah, get the window motor (for a few good reasons ), but I`d keep your Situational Awareness cranked up anyhow, sounds like bad [stuff] could happen around there.

Oh man do I feel fortunate to live where I do...don`t always appreciate it until something like this gets me thinking.
    I realize that my my inner "old fart" is showing. But when I was a kid (I know, I know) the neighbors didn`t need to have the friendly talk with my parents, they took it up with me directly.
    And my parent`s backed them up.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Ronkh, Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nutbread- Yeah, same here. It was sorta a not-goofy version of that Takes a Village thing that I tend to disparage. I learned some *very* valuable lessons from (other) adults who caught me doing stuff...and actually, the best lessons weren`t even reported to my parents; the job was done and there was no need because the lesson had already been learned. I always respected adults who treated me that way- calmly and objectively, taking time to explain why I was out of line and not condescending to me just because I was a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

went into garage and tried to roll up my drivers window and IT ROLLED UP!
    still going to get a replacement motor but man am I happy I can park this truck outside again
    so is my car!

I taped off the window switch so hopefully I don`t roll it down again

Brandt K.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Worried that I`ll be called to testify before Congress.

I have a Russian dog, and had one for 15 years, years ago.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    went into garage and tried to roll up my drivers window and IT ROLLED UP!
    still going to get a replacement motor but man am I happy I can park this truck outside again
    so is my car!

I taped off the window switch so hopefully I don`t roll it down again
    Pull the trim and unplug the switch. I am not saying i know from experience but well it stinks when you get your self back in the same boat again with window down from hitting the button while not looking and or thinking about it. Even with tape on it you can still push it out habit for few seconds then (*^*&^)(&))(&*&%*%% the darn window is down.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Ah, glad it rolled up! And yeah, I like trashmanssd`s idea...IMO we *tell* ourselves we won`t do something like hit that switch, but then....oops....
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not what I had in mind when i went fishing this morning....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

ow
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

very lol

Post Thanks / Like

I put a treble hook in my thumb last year. I am not sure whats worse yours with barb all the way through or mine barb buried in the meat but only a 1/4" in. Yours way worse going in all they way through but at least then you can cut the hook or barb and pass it back with minimal resistant. Mine only in a little but bard stuck in the meat of my thumb, I had to just grab it with pliers and ripe it back out and a little chunk of meat muscle with it. I was doing ok with it stuck in there and using pliers to remove the hook from the bait (as it was a jerk bait with 2 other hooks I didnt want to risk burring in during the ripping the hook out process)but once I ripped the hook out I went white as a ghost and started the cold sweats and my stomach felt like puking. That was one day I really felt bad for the fish with all the hooks I have pt into them .

Also this is a pic of the hook style i had in my thumb its a reverse barb treble that comes on Megabass lures.

Post Thanks / Like

oh no my friend, it was a treble hook from a rattle trap that went straight in past the barb. those pics are after I cut that part of the treble hook off with a pair of side cutters and curved it around to push it back through my finger.

Actually it was the 3rd hook of the lure that stuck me. I had the rattle trap in both hands after taking it out of the box and it started sliding off with the lid open. My son was standing back with me so I tried to grab it....2 hooks went in my right hand and a third in my left hand. One barely went in and pulled out easy. The 2nd went barely past the barb so I ripped it back out. That 3rd one went buried straight in. There was no ripping it backwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Rattle traps are dangerous. That story made my &$^^ pucker, three hooks in . I have a box full of ratle traps and to make them easier to get out the box and to make them easier to handle I wrap the hooks together with a elastic (ones meant for braiding horse mains) so the tangle less and the hooks are not dangling during knot tying then cut off the elastic when ready to fish. Also do my crank baits (looks sorta like this but with small elastic you dont have to wrap as much it fits more snugly and also they are super cheap so you can just cut them instead trying to unwrap them.

Likes House of Wax, Tc99m, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Page 135 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3585121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149185 ... LastLast

Thread Information