Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Nutbread- Insulting vehicle customers seems to be a trend. GMC`s use of the Who`s Eminence Front comes to mind (it`s all about people employing "put-on"s to evade what`s really going on with them).

IMO the Driving Aids aren`t really about insulting the customers though. If only genuinely qualified people could use vehicles they automakers would go out of business.

Just get me going...even on "car guy" forums, people act like it`s OK to take a few seconds to react to [something unexpected] and that it`s understandable if that reaction doesn`t properly solve the problem. Or that it`s OK for a tire to just come within a few inches of where it oughta be from time to time. Yeah, I set the bar *awfully* high..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    . Or that it`s OK for a tire to just come within a few inches of where it oughta be from time to time. .
    Last time that happened to me, I ended up on the grass 6" away from the wall after a 360 at Lime Rock.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly my reaction time sucks. Entire wheel liner is destroyed. Nearly perfect line from back to front ripped clear through.

Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Matt,

Ouch. What did you run over?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Heh heh, yeah....[Accumulator has had some, uhm...significant Driver Error Episodes on tracks]

SgtMajUSMC- Oh man, what happened?!? Bet you`re a bit, uhm...displeased. Could`ve been a lot worse though, huh? That`s not the most awful spot to have damage if you want to be Mr. Brightside about it.

And hey, that "reaction time while driving" is just something that takes some, uhm...investment, just like [some of the serious situational reaction time stuff] where I`m confident you`re all dialed-in.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No clue. I am guessing something that stuck in the tire and stayed in there long enough to rip the liner as it went around. Tire is fine but they are run flats too.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

ouch
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished a great book while waiting for my bride`s car to be serviced. Quick read at 193 pages....

Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After spending the last 11 days on a lake, I`m quite certain my body is rejecting my work clothes this morning

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    No clue..[what caused the damage].. I am guessing something that stuck in the tire and stayed in there long enough to rip the liner as it went around. Tire is fine but they are run flats too.
    Well, then you can`t beat yourself up about your reaction time One of those "[stuff] happens" things...
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had one tire puncture when I was driving down a more rural highway where someone was moving the road side. Just after I passed, I had a slap-slap-slap sound. I stopped and looked at the undercarriage. One tire had a cloth braided strap with the hook impaling the tire in two places (think C-shape hook). The mower had thrown it in the road as I passed and ran over it. I ended up cutting the strap but leaving the hook. I was careful to check there every 30 min. When I got to the destination, I removed part of the hook and tire down fast. I am glad I left it in and having to deal with the spare. My initial reaction was it was slapping my paint but saw no damage.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Bunky- Lucky You, glad that turned out the way it did.

This is probably a good time to remind everybody that if you`re running non-OE wheels you need to make sure you have the right lug nuts/bolts for your spare. And...

[INSERT hatred of space-savers and unwillingness to run staggered sizes on long-distance vehicles for this flat-tire reason]

[INSERT utter adoration of the Subaru commercial where the father has his daughter change to the spare in a rainy parking lot- done that with your kid(s)/spouse, right?]
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Make sure you know how to operate the jack. If you have bad luck, I would suggest carrying a full size tire iron. The ones with spares are flimsy and often require constant flipping. For a while, I always re-torqued the lug nuts after I had tires rotated. etc so I know I can remove them plus I use anti-seize on threads.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    This is probably a good time to remind everybody that if you`re running non-OE wheels you need to make sure you have the right lug nuts/bolts for your spare.
    My friend got bit by this with his summer fun car. Same size hex for the lug bolts, but the factory lug wrench was too thick to fit in the lug recess to reach the bolts...

Page 133 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3383119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147183 ... LastLast

Thread Information