Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

my backpack fundraising charity detail auction is now at 1/3 of our clubs goal for $ to give backpacks to the underprivileged.

I didn`t think it`d get much traction this year.

Guess I`m giving away another free coating- to the same person probably (good thing he bought a new Hellcat this year).

Might be the only Mopar I get to detail for a while...in a bit of a detailing slump, unfortunately.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RaydiantDetail- [WARNING: Autopian Heresy follows..] Eh, I just don`t care, that`s how *I* deal with it For me, it`s an Urgent vs. Important type of decision; I make the decision and that`s that.

When I have to prioritize one thing over another, that less-important thing just has to wait and I don`t stress over it. Heh heh, the cosmetic condition of our vehicles is just not one of Life`s Big Priorities IMO.

I bet your "maybe I need to meditate" was at least partially facetious, and no I don`t meditate myself...but I can`t help but think "well, whatever works for you".

EDIT: Oh, sheesh..I bet the above is like....least helpful response imaginable
    No sir, I always appreciate the thoughts and opinions You are right. Sometimes you just need to put things in perspective with the larger picture I guess. Well it`s been raining here and my car was outside so it kind of got washed lol

Post Thanks / Like

These new cars with the auto-stop feature absolutely suck. We have a new Chevy Cruze as a rental and it can`t be disabled, which makes it even worse. I`m not sure why this has to be a thing..
    Likes Nutbread liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    These new cars with ...[autonomous features].... I`m not sure why this has to be a thing..
    Heh heh, haven`t you been watching those commercials where unforgivably inattentive drivers need such stuff to circumvent Darwinism? I find it simply amazing that they`re trying to mainstream such behind-the-wheel behavior, but I guess it`s more of that race to the lowest common denominator (oooh, nasty ol` elitist Accumulator ).

Post Thanks / Like

RaydiantDetail- I`m glad I didn`t come across badly even if it was more of my Heresy

I haven`t washed the Tahoe since forever and it hadn`t been rained on either...between the pollen and the dust it didn`t exactly look like GM Pewter any more but at least it was uniformly filthy. Then it got *really* rained on the other day and !Lucky Me! the Fk1000P did the self-cleaning thing so well that I just redid the wheels/tires/running boards and it`s in "best truck in any parking lot" condition, which is good enough for me at present!

Post Thanks / Like

<----- hungry
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I bought some furniture. For a few years I was sleeping on a small mattress and it was time to get a real bed and dressers etc. all earned from detailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

^ Nice Mr Slick...

The devil himself, I`ve found - is a gopher.

He keeps digging a hole under my house. I`ve just filled it with rocks / bricks after filling it with dirt multiple times.

If he digs through the bricks - I`m getting like a whole mess of Coumadin & digoxin & wrapping them with cheese and throwing them in the hole...

I`ll kill every gopher in Gilbertsville if I have to.

Then, I`m going to impale their corpses with sticks in the front yard as a warning to any other gophers...

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that we live in a woods and deal with a lot of wild animals, sometimes very destructive ones, on a regular basis... I`d humanely trap and then relocate it. Or call a Pro, if I didn`t have the appropriate Have-A-Heart trap. If I decided that I really did have to kill it, I`d do it as humanely as possible (one brain-shot with an appropriate firearm, easy-peasy on those things).

I don`t get how people can do nasty stuff like poisoning/drowning to critters like that...nasty stuff they wouldn`t do to a beloved child`s pet, for instance, at least not if they had to stand there with the child and watch the animal (slowly) die. Well, I guess I *do* *understand* how people can do it, because I once did [stuff] like that myself...back when I, uhm...was somebody else.

Yeah, yeah...I do go on this rant every time the subject comes up and will continue to do so. Suffering sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that we live in a woods and deal with a lot of wild animals, sometimes very destructive ones, on a regular basis... I`d humanely trap and then relocate it. Or call a Pro, if I didn`t have the appropriate Have-A-Heart trap. If I decided that I really did have to kill it, I`d do it as humanely as possible (one brain-shot with an appropriate firearm, easy-peasy on those things).

I don`t get how people can do nasty stuff like poisoning/drowning to critters like that...nasty stuff they wouldn`t do to a beloved child`s pet, for instance, at least not if they had to stand there with the child and watch the animal (slowly) die. Well, I guess I *do* *understand* how people can do it, because I once did [stuff] like that myself...back when I, uhm...was somebody else.

Yeah, yeah...I do go on this rant every time the subject comes up and will continue to do so. Suffering sucks.
    Im not up for hurting or torturing animals. I have 2 cats & love them to death.

But you reach a point - fun is fun. If it`s messing with my property - it`s gotta go...Trying to trap it is hit or miss - and I`m not sitting around all day waiting to hopefully see it to shoot it. Plus, there could me multiples...

One of the nastiest things you could probably do to an animal is kill it and eat it - and I do that every day (not kill the animal myself - but you get the drift).

Yes it`s hypocritical in a sense. But we are humans and that`s how we roll.

Whatever is digging that hole must die.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes Ronkh, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

the irony..just couldn`t resist it

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, ShakingHorizons, Oneheadlite liked this post

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, haven`t you been watching those commercials where unforgivably inattentive drivers need such stuff to circumvent Darwinism? I find it simply amazing that they`re trying to mainstream such behind-the-wheel behavior, but I guess it`s more of that race to the lowest common denominator (oooh, nasty ol` elitist Accumulator ).
    They seem to be insulting their own customers. That`s a sales strategy?
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    They seem to be insulting their own customers. That`s a sales strategy?
    Your assuming they take driving distracted or being a bad driver as an insult. Also that`s assuming that the ones who would be insulted being called a bad driver are intelligent enough to get see that meaning in it.

Post Thanks / Like

SwanicYouth- Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, hope you didn`t mind my rant...I do get it, getting a trapped raccoon out of our place once cost me more than most would believe.

Eh, maybe I`m just used to doing it, but live-trapping a gopher isn`t all that tough IME. They`re not as (pardon the pun ) cagey as raccoons. But yeah...gotta have that trap/a Pro.

Killing stuff to eat it has zero effect/impression on me. That`s what the Foodchain is all about IMO. Actually, it`s the only hunting I personally approve of, other then culling overpopulated herds or eliminating critters-gone-(violently) bad. People aren`t designed to have meatless diets; that means killing..OK, good reason for it.

OK, OK, end of lecture Easy for me to spend your [resources] over something...but I feel better having spoken my piece.

Page 132 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3282118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146182 ... LastLast

Thread Information