Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Mr. Slick- For serious work the nanoskin might be best for you, no matter what *I* do I do have to warm up my more aggressive clays more than the milder ones though.
    It`s really funny because I almost got one of those but the clay bar is the best way to show a client how I remove it. I guess I could just use that for demo then nanoskin it but I charge a whole lot more to clay the paint. To wash and wax an SUV is 90 and $175 to wash Clay and wax. It`s pretty tedious unless there`s a way to do it more efficient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Slick- Tedious indeed! Claying the Tahoe is, uhm....an undertaking.

I get it regarding the clients though, I`d be pretty surprised if the nanoskin offered the same PR benefits.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator--Are you still claying during B in a ABC wash session?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Accumulator--Are you still claying during B in a ABC wash session?
    I would *if* I were ABCing something and felt I needed the added aggressiveness.

I haven`t done a decon since forever, just spot-claying (goal being to merely clay the LSP clean). !Autopian Heresy! I`m sure, but no problems at all. I`m distilling my detailing down to (only) what I find genuinely necessary, and well...it`s just not much. To hear the Conventional Autopian Wisdom you`d think my vehicles would be covered with bonded [stuff] and showing rust-blooms and and other stains, and my LSPs failing for being "applied over contamination", but nope, all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. All has been well for seven years.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that, this stuff can eat your life if you let it (or want it to ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I would *if* I were ABCing something and felt I needed the added aggressiveness.

I haven`t done a decon since forever, just spot-claying (goal being to merely clay the LSP clean). !Autopian Heresy! I`m sure, but no problems at all. I`m distilling my detailing down to (only) what I find genuinely necessary, and well...it`s just not much. To hear the Conventional Autopian Wisdom you`d think my vehicles would be covered with bonded [stuff] and showing rust-blooms and and other stains, and my LSPs failing for being "applied over contamination", but nope, all is well.
    I`m the same. I`ll take care of my car when I have time, but I don`t go out of the way to do it. Life is too short to be too concerned with how dirty my car is.

Post Thanks / Like

as I`m sitting here trying to pass the rest of Friday worday I am watching the Barret Jackson auto auction from palm beach on velocity in the background while I work and it says it`s at the palm beach fairgrounds, which I`d imagine is a very nice place relative to what I was thinking of when I heard fairgrounds considering I`m from Texas, ha.

pretty cool cars on here. I`d like to go to one of these auctions one day just to check out all of the rides.

Brandt K.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    as I`m sitting here trying to pass the rest of Friday workday I am watching the Barret Jackson auto auction from palm beach on velocity in the background while I work and it says it`s at the palm beach fairgrounds, which I`d imagine is a very nice place relative to what I was thinking of when I heard fairgrounds considering I`m from Texas, ha.

pretty cool cars on here. I`d like to go to one of these auctions one day just to check out all of the rides.
    This is the first one I`ve missed in three years ... it`s only Thurs , Fri and Sat this year due to Palm Sunday .. Thursday you can get a deal , Friday and Saturday the prices just go crazy and Sunday you can also find them if there was a Sunday.

If you are looking for a deal on a specific car, you will probably find one on the internet easier ... some people get to the show, start drinking and the next thing you know the price is way more than the car is worth ...

My cousin who buys and sells for a living, usually buys at smaller auctions and then sells at shows like this ... Meacum is also good for a few days but the Fri and Sat cars are not in my realm of reality.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    I`m the same. I`ll take care of my car when I have time, but I don`t go out of the way to do it. Life is too short to be too concerned with how dirty my car is.
    Good on you for being able to prioritize.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    This is the first one I`ve missed in three years ... it`s only Thurs , Fri and Sat this year due to Palm Sunday .. Thursday you can get a deal , Friday and Saturday the prices just go crazy and Sunday you can also find them if there was a Sunday.

If you are looking for a deal on a specific car, you will probably find one on the internet easier ... some people get to the show, start drinking and the next thing you know the price is way more than the car is worth ...

My cousin who buys and sells for a living, usually buys at smaller auctions and then sells at shows like this ... Meacum is also good for a few days but the Fri and Sat cars are not in my realm of reality.
    I doubt I will ever have the $ to buy a vehicle that I`d really want at one of those auctions but it sure would be nice to do some window shopping there.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Rupes machine for hours already. What a difference! It is totally worth the money spent. My hands don`t ache after less than an hour use (I probably used it 3hrs straight at one point) it is quieter, but I still want to get some noise cancelling headphones.

One small caveat, the cruise control is a little hard to engage and easy to accidentally disengage. Strange for a second generation, but this is an amazing tool, and it`s design reflects my artistic view on detailing (that is the main reason I chose Rupes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I like my mk2 21, its a great tool

mind that 21mm throw, however, if you use it near any mirrors etc

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I like my mk2 21, its a great tool

mind that 21mm throw, however, if you use it near any mirrors etc
    Yeah getting used to it on a VERY forgiving aluminum Airstream. Hard to "edge" with it. Though the 21mm really shines on large murals such as the panels in this Airsream.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    Yeah getting used to it on a VERY forgiving aluminum Airstream. Hard to "edge" with it. Though the 21mm really shines on large murals such as the panels in this Airsream.

yea that would be a good use of the 7inch pad and 21mm stroke.

I`m planning on using mine this weekend on large flat pickup truck panels

Brandt K.

Page 116 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1666102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130166 ... LastLast

Thread Information