Page 11 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242561111 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Swanicyouth- Glad to hear about your experience with the movers, sorryto hear that that cat needs, uhm...reoriented.

Your not having had a TV for years reminds me of how Accumulatorette went TV-less for years back in the `70s

Post Thanks / Like

I think I jinxed myself by saying I haven`t had to shovel yet this season. I know what I`ll be doing this evening..
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Not fun. It`s like below freezing out and I have to put a mailbox and post into the ground. Slept at my new house last night for the first time. Worse thing that happened is one of the cats peed on the bath mat.

Coming from a 700 sq ft apartment for 10 years - this place seems huge (it`s not). Somehow, the movers got all my stuff in without damaging anything. Lowe`s did the same with the the appliances.

Kitchen appliances are all stainless steel (never had stainless) and I`m annoyed by the fingerprints. Bought some special stainless "polish and cleaner" - but I`m going to try putting a coat of sealant on them - maybe Power Lock.

I`ve never had an flat screen or HD TV, and haven`t had a working TV for about 3 years. Bought a 55" smart HD TV and got Xfinity 1 cable. They brought me a remote control you can talk to like Siri. Overwhelming choices of channels and apps.

I have a lot of respect for movers.

****please support trans-species humans.
    If you have any CG V7 around it works well on stainless steel stuff. I don`t like using it on my cars anymore because it messes with my LSP properties so I relegated it to kitchen duty. I`ve tried a couple of sealants and they definitely help reduce fingerprints.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    HAhahahahahahahahahah

82 degrees in Austin fellas

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Made it to 70
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Swanicyouth- Glad to hear about your experience with the movers, sorryto hear that that cat needs, uhm...reoriented.

Your not having had a TV for years reminds me of how Accumulatorette went TV-less for years back in the `70s
    I`m currently in the process of trying to get rid of my old 35" TV circa 1993 (it`s big, heavy, and doesn`t work). Trash won`t take it & Best Buy won`t take TVs > 32".

There is no local drop off place or recyclers for old school TVs. The people that will take them charge a fee. I am diametrically opposed to this. It`s like flushing $50 down the toilet.

I`m trying to think of someone who I really hate - so I can dump it on their lawn, Lolz. But, I don`t hate anyone that much.

Girlfriend says smash it to bits with a sledge hammer - then sweep up the bits. Sounds funny, but I won`t be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    If you have any CG V7 around it works well on stainless steel stuff. I don`t like using it on my cars anymore because it messes with my LSP properties so I relegated it to kitchen duty. I`ve tried a couple of sealants and they definitely help reduce fingerprints.
    Thanks for the tip. I do have some V7 and will try it. I agree that V7 messes with LSP hydrophobics.

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Migue, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gee, not enough thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry but this made me burst into laughter....

"you said you watched mostly chemical guys videos..that`s your first mistake.."

In other randomness, went to the new Cirque Du Soleil "Toruk" (Inspired by the movie Avatar) last night , and it was very good. This one is very story driven and not many crazy acrobatics, more like a visual spectacle with tons of colors and more emotion into it. Some pics (spoiler alert?) . Just realized that i`m having multiple "date" plans with the lady this weekend and i couldn`t care less about Valentine`s day, there just happened to be good stuff going on around the date this year starting with the Circus, Deadpool and she`s dying to watch Zoolander 2 so i got tickets for both movies.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Rut Roh

Post Thanks / Like

Phew that`s better

Guess I was bored to death for a min.........

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed a Facebook for 512 mobile detailing in austin (15 miles from me)...i dont go into austin for jobs anyways and only detail two days a week max, but i can imagine how that could become confusing for potential clients.
    Should i reach out to this guy?

His fb is much more popular than mine, but ive never really advertised bc i cant take an influx of business as is.

Im using a dba do i need to inc/llc now or what?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

And signature mark/trade mark name

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    And signature mark/trade mark name
    I need to look into that this next week. i dont plan on being some giant business but i dont want someone playing off my name,,,not that they were, we don`t even cross territory as far as i know, and his work looks good...but its a principle thing

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I need to look into that this next week. i dont plan on being some giant business but i dont want someone playing off my name,,,not that they were, we don`t even cross territory as far as i know, and his work looks good...but its a principle thing
    Yep.

And before he accuses you of same.........

Page 11 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242561111 ... LastLast

Thread Information