Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

I really need to get to the range soon. Its been on my list for fr too long

Post Thanks / Like

Quality .22 ammo seems to be hard to get. It has been out of stock in local stores.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

love that gsg, great fun to shoot. I have a vortex strikefire also. good scope and i`s hard to beat a lifetime warranty with quick turnarounds. glad to see your case is dog approved.

Post Thanks / Like

Just built this with my kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hot_h2o View Post
    Just built this with my kids
    Very cool. Neat to see you involve your kids and share a hobby

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, how and when did you introduce firearms to your kids? My daughter is 6 and my son is 2.

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead1- IMO triggers are kinda like, uhm...LSPs for showcars. I myself like DA revolvers to be S&W and I kinda prefer the old (guess they`re really old now!) "long travel" triggers. I`ve basically gotten away from wheelguns, but still love a K-frame that was reworked by an old-timer at Clark back in the day. For me, Colt DA triggers just seem to "stack" through their travel in a way I don`t like... yeah, even the Python I had.

Re Training Kids- Find some *experienced* instructor who can teach proper trigger control! I know that`s so general as to be worthless, but I simply don`t have a good answer, though *IIRC* some good training facilities will accept kids (yeah, I know..not too feasible for most people). I started shooting the old-fashioned "family" way (could shoot/fieldstrip stuff before I could read) and ended up with bad habits that took a *LOT* of work to correct. IMO it`s like learning how to drive- most people who learn from someone they know learn how to do it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

OK...I`m not gonna post "hey, nice gun!" for every post on this thread that deserves it, but I am enjoying seeing what you folks are running.

I will give RonKH a shout-out for the pic of his S&W Centennial (what is it called these days...a "six-forty-something"?), last time I simunitioned somebody it was with one of those, and I think they look downright beautiful.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My boys are 7 and 10. I just introduced them in December of 2015. I took them to an indoor range and started them on an MP5 22. Safety was discussed prior to arrival and indexing of trigger finger was a must or we would leave. They were given 5 round to shoot but had only one trigger squeeze then sight in readjust then pull. My oldest has adhd and I have never seen him so focused and calm. I was very proud of him. My youngest was a marksman. They now ask everyday to go shooting. The next time we went the 22 was out so we introduced them to a SCAR .223. Here is the results. They did amazing. Learn real quick. I did not even get a turn to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

hot_h2o- Props to you for teaching those kids right!

And yeah, young-uns can run ARs just fine if they`re intro`ed right. For that matter, a whole lotta young people around the world have done really well with AKs over the years too, for better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like

My boys are 7 and 10. I just introduced them in December of 2015. I took them to an indoor range and started them on an MP5 22. Safety was discussed prior to arrival and indexing of trigger finger was a must or we would leave. They were given 5 round to shoot but had only one trigger squeeze then sight in readjust then pull. My oldest has adhd and I have never seen him so focused and calm. I was very proud of him. My youngest was a marksman. They now ask everyday to go shooting. The next time we went the 22 was out so we introduced them to a SCAR .223. Here is the results. They did amazing. Learn real quick. I did not even get a turn to shoot.
    Bravo. Very cool. I`ll be curious if my daughter ever has any interest. I have no doubts about my son...he`s alllllll boy (loses his mind if he sees construction equipment, trains, or airplanes haha).

I think anything you can share with your children is special and teaching them to respect and operate firearms safely is fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- I`ve always found it interesting that some girls (and rather young ones at that) can *really* run Glocks.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s awesome! I am planning on buying my 8 year old a S&W M&P 15-22 to shoot.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

I was completely torn between the M&P 22-15 and the GSG that I ended up buying

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guns everyone, very nice. I get mad at a buddy of mine because he will build these awesome guns/rifles , barely shoot them and then sell them. He gets bored easily and is always wanting to build something new. He was trying(begging) to buy one of my Mossin Nagants so he could build something with it and i had to tell him "no way!".

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information