Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Planning to shoot my pistol a lot more this year and work on getting solid with that. Just put a new trigger on my Glock 34 from Vanek Custom. Dad got me fiber optic sights from Dawson Precision for xmas. Get those put on and Ill be ready to put some range time in.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ll be interested to hear what you think of that Cloak Tuck.
    Forgot to update this. Very pleased with the holster. Comfortable to wear, a ton of adjustability, very reasonable price

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty pumped....got a new range bag for Christmas. Only problem is there`s lots of empty space that I need to fill hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Pretty pumped....got a new range bag for Christmas. Only problem is there`s lots of empty space that I need to fill hehe

Something tells me that`s not going to be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Planning to shoot my pistol a lot more this year and work on getting solid with that. Just put a new trigger on my Glock 34 from Vanek Custom. Dad got me fiber optic sights from Dawson Precision for xmas. Get those put on and Ill be ready to put some range time in.
    I know there are plenty that will say just leave the Glock trigger alone, they’re fine the way the are and I get that. To each their own. I personally do not fall in that camp. I believe the aftermarket metal triggers are just what it takes to make the Glock a predictable, consistant firearm. I put a set of fiber on a G19 that I have. My cousin was handling it the last Saturday and commented on how nice the fiber optics made it when compared to the Triji’s on a G22 sitting next to it. I hope you enjoy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I know there are plenty that will say just leave the Glock trigger alone, they’re fine the way the are and I get that. To each their own. I personally do not fall in that camp. I believe the aftermarket metal triggers are just what it takes to make the Glock a predictable, consistant firearm. I put a set of fiber on a G19 that I have. My cousin was handling it the last Saturday and commented on how nice the fiber optics made it when compared to the Triji’s on a G22 sitting next to it. I hope you enjoy.
    After putting a Geissele on my rifle, I doubt I`ll keep any stock triggers on any of my firearms, aside from my CCW. A slick, smooth trigger without all the extra play in it makes all the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I find the different preferences in SIGHTS interesting! My (dis)likes have changed over the years, but I still DO NOT like three-dot setups, preferring something with a more marked diff between the front/rear, like bar/dot or XS setups.

Any of you ever have a fiber optic break under, uhm...extreme conditions?

House of Wax- AH, good, thanks for the report on that Cloak Tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    .. I doubt I`ll keep any stock triggers on any of my firearms, aside from my CCW ...
    Leaving it stock on the CCW is smart, legally speaking. Heh heh, as is avoiding having Bad Guy Killer Tacticool logos on a CCW (or your t-shirt, bumper sticker, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I find the different preferences in SIGHTS interesting! My (dis)likes have changed over the years, but I still DO NOT like three-dot setups, preferring something with a more marked diff between the front/rear, like bar/dot or XS setups.

Any of you ever have a fiber optic break under, uhm...extreme conditions?

House of Wax- AH, good, thanks for the report on that Cloak Tuck.

Leaving it stock on the CCW is smart, legally speaking. Heh heh, as is avoiding having Bad Guy Killer Tacticool logos on a CCW (or your t-shirt, bumper sticker, etc.).

Triggers tend to be pretty expensive. Hard to spend $150 to upgrade something youre not gonna use much. Subcompacts arent fun to train with, so I dont shoot it much. And the legal 21 feet you get, i dont expect the stoxk trigger to adversely affect accuracy. Just doesnt seem to be worth it overall.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- My intention to keep the triggers stock on certain handguns is primarily a matter of not having to justify a "hair trigger" (scare-quotes intentional!!) to firearms-ignorant folks in a courtroom.

Actually, upgrading something like a Glock`s trigger (or upgrading anything else on those) is dirt-cheap compared to having it done to a wheelgun (gee, guess I`m really dating myself with revolver-talk) or even an all-steel auto, depending on what you have done.

And as with most vehicles, I`m a bit paranoid about "improvements" messing with the durability, which could be ALL THAT MATTERS at the worst possible moment. As I`ve learned the hard way, "Nothing kills reliability faster than good intentions and an open checkbook" (perfect e.g., that wonderfully fun supercharged Crown Vic I had previously; there`re a boatload of reasons why my current one is stock...slow as molasses, but reliable as sunrise).
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Thread Information