Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Heh heh, while I sure don`t mind spending $ on [all sorts of pricey things], and do buy certain "gun maintenance products" simply because I like them, I find that the firearms I consider reliable enough to [do important work] run fine without anything fancy. Don`t even need to splurge on Mobil1 People all over the world are keeping their guns reliable, and in awful conditions too, with stuff most Americans wouldn`t use on their lawnmowers.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like I`m getting my Shield sooner than I thought. Deal too good to pass up. Dealer close to me has a cash price special on em for $320 and Smith and Wesson is going to be having a $75 Rebate coming up on them. Going to put a deposit down on one tonight

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Ah, that *is* a good price. This the newer one with the apparently better trigger reset?

9 or .40?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume it`s the newer one. will find out tonight

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Glad to hear you`re going with the, uhm...little caliber

Don`t they have various options like magazine safety/none, thumb safety/none, or something like that?

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, there`s safety/no safety, different sights, I think the performance center version may be ported. I`m just getting the basic version for now and if I feel like there`s anything I want to change it can do it later

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you like your 9 better than I like my shield .40.

Just saw they came out with a shield .45 lately, but can`t imagine why anyone would want that kinda power in such a small package.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy I work with has shield 45, his wife has 9mm. He`s a 45 guy bigger it better type of thing for him. That`s a steal at that price, heck I`d buy one for that.

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Yeah, I`m in the "simple is better" camp.

jrock645- I`m pretty sure he`ll like that a lot better. And yeah...sigh...all those tiny major-caliber guns, no thanks.

HCF- So many guys are like that! And lots of wives outshoot their husbands

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1, have you applied Microlon Gun Juice to anything except metal-on-metal contact points and mechanical bits? In my original post I was really concerned about cosmetic protection, and the MGJ took my quest in an unanticipated but intriguing direction. The research I did following your post convinced me to try it to improve the reliability and performance of some of my firearms, but my concern about maintaining the looks of my guns remains. It seems that some people cover the whole slide (inside and out) using MGJ and that this essentially stops all visible wear on finishes, but others comment that doing so leaves the gun extremely slick, to the point where it can interfere with handling and chamber checks. Since it appears to be virtually impossible to remove MGJ once applied, I`m curious what your experience is since you have been using it for many years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    House of Wax- Yeah, I`m in the "simple is better" camp.

jrock645- I`m pretty sure he`ll like that a lot better. And yeah...sigh...all those tiny major-caliber guns, no thanks.

HCF- So many guys are like that! And lots of wives outshoot their husbands
    yeah, I prefer the extra mag capacity and less recoil/better control vs stopping power, especially in a small cc gun. Different strokes and all that. Plus the Sig I already have is 9mm, so it just makes that much more sense to me to only have to keep 1 caliber in stock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2102828`]GearHead_1, have you applied Microlon Gun Juice to anything except metal-on-metal contact points and mechanical bits? In my original post I was really concerned about cosmetic protection, and the MGJ took my quest in an unanticipated but intriguing direction. The research I did following your post convinced me to try it to improve the reliability and performance of some of my firearms, but my concern about maintaining the looks of my guns remains. It seems that some people cover the whole slide (inside and out) using MGJ and that this essentially stops all visible wear on finishes, but others comment that doing so leaves the gun extremely slick, to the point where it can interfere with handling and chamber checks. Since it appears to be virtually impossible to remove MGJ once applied, I`m curious what your experience is since you have been using it for many years.
    I have used it on the outside of AR`s. It seems to darken and ad gloss to a small degree over a phosphate finish. It feels much like a Teflon coated lower, if you`re familiar with these (DPMS as an example). It isn`t something that I would call problematic. If you were to set a Teflon coated and a Microlon covered phosphate coated lower side by side the Teflon would still be slicker. It`s been a long time since I`ve visited their site. Their line appears to have expanded greatly. When treating small parts we used to put them on cookie sheets and bake them in the oven. Apparently they do this with a heat gun now.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes PRND[S] liked this post
    Thanks PRND[S] thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that`s very helpful. It doesn`t seem like it is anything to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like

I just came across this. This literature was used as a promotional tool when we used to buy this product. They sent this article with every order.

http://www.microlon.com/PDF/AmericanGunsmith.pdf
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information