Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Care to expand on that?
    I suspect you already know this but Glock isn`t known for exceptional trigger feel. Can`t depend on a consistant break and you can barely, if at all feel the reset. Aftermarket manufacturers make theirs out of metal, as opposed to composite material (plastic/nylon) and can machine the metal to tighter tolerances and offer some adjustability. The feel is improved. How much is difficult to say because it`s all relative to the shooter. Each time I`ve gotten a new Glock I think to myself that I`ll just leave it alone but then I`ll shoot one of my others with the upgrade and can`t make myself leave it alone. I typically go for a 3.5 lb. trigger connector as well. Some feel this is too light but it works for me. I`ve got some 5 lbers but prefer the 3.5 lb.

I don`t have this particular trigger but this will give you the idea. I think some of mine are Lightining Strike but I honestly don`t remember. Truth is many of the internal parts have been swapped out in my Glocks, springs, plunger, striker, guide rod etc. An extended mag release is almost a necessity in my mind. Can I tell you that`s what everyone should do? Probably not but I shoot mine pretty well and have qualified shooting Master in IDPA with a Glock 17. This is a bit of a feat using a 9 mm as opposed to the more obvious choice of a .45. It takes several quick shots to tip steel with a 9 mm, a .45 will knock it over with one shot, 115 grains vs. 230 grains. If not done rapidly with several 9 mm shots the steel will sit back down. I did use a .45 most of the time.

LONE WOLF DIST. ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER

IMG_0147.JPG

GHOST GHOST 3.5 ULTIMATE TRIGGER
    IMG_0148.JPG
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

May as post my newest build

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    May as post my newest build

nice....details?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    nice....details?
    Let`s see-

PSA blemishes lower, PSA 8.5" 300 blk pistol upper
    Shockwave brace
    Vortex Sparq AR red dot

Whole thing thrown together for about $650

Moving into the world of reloading 300 BLK give me all sorts of new gadgets and supplies to get

Post Thanks / Like

I have some projects to finish!
    auto detailing arroyo grande
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! I`m looking to build or have built a SBR .308 in the not too distant future.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Eddie- Ah, appreciate your posting the (nice, and simple) AK, they don`t get a whole lotta love around here compared to the ARs.

Didn`t know you could have such stuff in CA, not that I keep up...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I suspect you already know this but Glock isn`t known for exceptional trigger feel. Can`t depend on a consistant break and you can barely, if at all feel the reset. Aftermarket manufacturers make theirs out of metal, as opposed to composite material (plastic/nylon) and can machine the metal to tighter tolerances and offer some adjustability. The feel is improved. How much is difficult to say because it`s all relative to the shooter. Each time I`ve gotten a new Glock I think to myself that I`ll just leave it alone but then I`ll shoot one of my others with the upgrade and can`t make myself leave it alone. I typically go for a 3.5 lb. trigger connector as well. Some feel this is too light but it works for me. I`ve got some 5 lbers but prefer the 3.5 lb.

I don`t have this particular trigger but this will give you the idea. I think some of mine are Lightining Strike but I honestly don`t remember. Truth is many of the internal parts have been swapped out in my Glocks, springs, plunger, striker, guide rod etc. An extended mag release is almost a necessity in my mind. Can I tell you that`s what everyone should do? Probably not but I shoot mine pretty well and have qualified shooting Master in IDPA with a Glock 17. This is a bit of a feat using a 9 mm as opposed to the more obvious choice of a .45. It takes several quick shots to tip steel with a 9 mm, a .45 will knock it over with one shot, 115 grains vs. 230 grains. If not done rapidly with several 9 mm shots the steel will sit back down. I did use a .45 most of the time.

LONE WOLF DIST. ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER

GHOST GHOST 3.5 ULTIMATE TRIGGER
    I have a Lone Wolf Adjustable Trigger and connector in my Glock 30 SF and highly recommend both. They greatly improves the trigger feel and are a piece of cake to install -- you just need a armorer`s tool / small punch to install it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you guys used a sealant or any other product on a firearm? I am thinking about putting Jetseal on the non-functional metal parts (frames and slides) of some handguns. Obviously the metal has already been treated to be corrosion resistant, but that doesn`t mean that this couldn`t be improved upon.

Post Thanks / Like

(For the ones I consider tools...)Heh heh..nah, mine are form-follows-function. With the right parts maintained for reliability/functionality, I`m OK with a pretty beat-up look. No way I`m gonna keep refinishing my slides all the time anyhow so if they`re gonna be worn to bare metal I`m not gonna do much with them.

Guns that aren`t just tools are a different story as IMO some such pieces shouldn`t get touched by bare hands or otherwise subjected to anything potentially injurious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2102501`]Have any of you guys used a sealant or any other product on a firearm? I am thinking about putting Jetseal on the non-functional metal parts (frames and slides) of some handguns. Obviously the metal has already been treated to be corrosion resistant, but that doesn`t mean that this couldn`t be improved upon.
    I haven`t tried a sealant on firearms parts. I use Microlon Gun Juice:

This is one of those products that I don`t mention much because people won`t believe the stories you tell. You put this product on the gun parts you want treated and put them in the oven. I think it`s kind of like DuraLube or ZMax products in the automotive world. By the way I`ve heard of people using DuraLube on firearms.

The Microlon soaks in to the metal (ZMax makes the same claim). Here`s the story people have a hard time with. When you treat a barrel, the bullet measurably picks up speed as well as climbs up on the target, I`ve measured and monitored this on several .22 LR rifles as well as 2 .45 ACP`s using a Ransom Rest and a chronograph. You simply shoot a few rounds to warm your barrel up, run a wet patch with this product down the barrel, shoot it, measure it, run a patch, shoot it measure it until the bullet stops climbing on the target. You`ll have treated the barrel within about 10 rounds. You`ll need to reset your scoped firearms, the point of impact will change.

This stuff is pretty amazing and I wouldn`t have believed it had I not Chrono`d this product myself. Be interesting if you could did this with a sealant. Microlon makes some impressive claims with respect to increased barrel life with this product. When I first started using this product (20 years?) it was kind of a Mom and Pop purchase. You`d call them, order the product, they`d send you the order and you`d pay once you received it. I spent a lot of time talking to the man that invented this stuff, I think he was the father of the family business, he`s since passed away but he knew what he was talking about. He made some wildcat calibers, building his own rifles some would shoot over 5000 ft./sec. He said before he`d used this he`d burn barrels out quickly, this made them go much longer. When I first found him all he sold was the firearms product. He has a whole bunch of stuff he sells now. My shooting friends and I call Microlon, Snake Oil because what it does, seems hard to believe. All of my guns that I actually shoot have had this done to them. I`m a believer.

EDIT: Ha! I just looked at their page, they make an automotive spray wax. Don`t know anything about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes PRND[S] liked this post
    Thanks PRND[S] thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered some Microlon Gun Juice from Amazon. It seems to be a big pain to apply (requiring full disassembly and degreasing, then repeated application with heating), but I am going to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe the money and time people spend on products like that.

I am not necessarily doubting their effectiveness, but it`s been shown that good ol motor oil is a marvelous gun lubricant.

Remember frog lube? That stuff was touted as the next best thing and everyone loved it.
    Then it was show to be basically vegetable oil and suddenly people weren`t so keen on it.

But hey, it`s really no different than a $1000 pot of Zymol vs a $8 bottle of Collinite.
    If it works for you, more power to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I cannot believe the money and time people spend on products like that.
    Made me smile considering the small fortunes spent on the ultimate detailing supplies.

I am not necessarily doubting their effectiveness, but it`s been shown that good ol motor oil is a marvelous gun lubricant.
    I`ve read many reviews where people try this but I know of no one personally who uses motor oil on their firearms. Seems like a few of those articles said people liked Mobil 1.

Remember frog lube? That stuff was touted as the next best thing and everyone loved it.
    Then it was show to be basically vegetable oil and suddenly people weren`t so keen on it.

But hey, it`s really no different than a $1000 pot of Zymol vs a $8 bottle of Collinite.
    If it works for you, more power to you!
    Like the majority of products recommended on this forum, you`ll never have a first hand opinion unless you "give it a shot".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Made me smile considering the small fortunes spent on the ultimate detailing supplies.

I`ve read many reviews where people try this but I know of no one personally who uses motor oil on their firearms. Seems like a few of those articles said people liked Mobil 1.

Like the majority of products recommended on this forum, you`ll never have a first hand opinion unless you "give it a shot".

Correct on all accounts!
    I just couldn`t help myself...
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information