Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

I picked up a Walther PPQ45 last week, thats my first polymer gun. Feels great in my hand and love the trigger pull. I had my head set on an HK45 but after handling it, and FN. Various Glocks, the Walther was by far my favorite.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSkip333 View Post
    I picked up a Walther PPQ45 last week, thats my first polymer gun..
    Ah, theres something you dont hear about every day! Sounds like you did your homework and found whats best for *you*.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Walther PPQ45 last week, thats my first polymer gun. Feels great in my hand and love the trigger pull. I had my head set on an HK45 but after handling it, and FN. Various Glocks, the Walther was by far my favorite.

I always thought those Walthers looked really comfy in the hand- never have shot one.
    What is the capacity on the 45?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

12+1. That was one reason I started looking at the polymers, higher capacity over my 1911s.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m itching for a G34 now. I`m eventually gonna want a proper target shooting pistol. Seems perfect for the price.

I took my mp shield 40 put last week. Was shooting at 25 fee tosh and couldn`t maintain accuracy for anything. Too much range for that little gun.

Post Thanks / Like

A 34 is a nice pistol. I don`t have one but one of my regular shooting buddies does. They`re not hard to shoot. You might find this interesting also. GLOCK 17L
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    GearHead_1- Yeah, I too have transitioned from "all 1911 all the time" to "sometimes a Glock is the exact right tool for the job". Things *have* changed a whole lot in the last few decades.

Like some other certain firearms, the Glocks *always* fire when you press the trigger. Which is more than you can say about a lot of guns that "never malfunction, not mine!"

Heh heh, regulars here are probably noticing a pattern here- Im all about complete reliability under extreme conditions these days. Not that I expect my gun to fall into a muddy slushpuddle full of sand at the worst possible moment, but hey its nice to know it wont matter.

Guess you`d find me still in that "cocked-n-locked" 1911 bunch, even with the semi-plastic guns I`ve got sitting around here. My DC is a Kimber Ultra TLE II (prior to the G10 plates), with a Ryan Grizzle "City Slicker II" IWB. OTOH, there`s a `Sunday go to meeting` Kimber Super Carry Pro with a Ryan Grizzle total custom rig, elephant trimmed with ostrich (calfskin lined), custom paddle with adjustable cant AND a matching elephant/ostrich mag pouch.

Funny thing though about the big .45... just don`t have the fondness to carry it like I do the compact guns.
    Somebody mentioned the Aimpoint PRO way back earlier in the thread. Got one of those on my SR-556, along with a TON of Magpul `furniture` (from front to back), and even more Troy Industries goodies, a bit of LaRue gear, plus a pop-up Grip Pod..... and one of my favorite goodies... the Blue Force sling! EVERYBODY that has a black gun needs to run, not walk, to your closest internet access and order that Blue Force sling. It`s THAT good folks! Of course that sling comes in mega handy when you`re talking about a platform that weighs in at darned near 8 pounds BEFORE you start hanging furniture and optics off of it. YIKES.

Needless to say, running and gunning with the Ruger isn`t something you`d want to do. Just too heavy for that, even stock. What with that heavy Troy Industries quad rail on it. But you can`t say it doesn`t run smooth, and COOL too! You can get the barrel smoking, darned near glowing I`d reckon (if you could afford the rounds) yet the bolt and chamber will pretty much remain ambient temperature all day long.

My old eyes are not near as good as the 2 MOA Aimpoint PRO, (especially as I don`t run a magnifier on it). But it`s one sharp piece indeed. I sighted it in years ago, and even with the front flip closed it`ll be close enough in a jam for government work fo` sho`.

12+1. That was one reason I started looking at the polymers, higher capacity over my 1911s.
    Yup... as much as I love my little TLE II, sometimes it`s a good idea to change it up a bit.

Now me loves compact puppies!

So when I`m feeling like changing it up... I`ll break out the XDM 3.8, pop in the long mag, then belt up all 4 extra mags and open carry all over town. LOL Between 4 @ 13 and 1 @ 17 +1 that`s a lot of pop-pop. Beats 3 @ 7+1 any day of the week. Like for instance if I get lost over behind the Ga Dome somewhere. Heheheeeeee
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

These post about guns makes me think I need to get to the range. Weather has been horrible here especially Friday with the snow flurries we were getting. I have a couple guns I bought over a year ago that haven`t even been shot yet as I didn`t make the time last year to get to the range. Also makes me think I need to get out my 5 shot 6 shooter as I call it, a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull. Can`t take too many rounds before I switch over and load it with .45 Colt since they are much easier on the wrist and hand. Usually less than 10 shots before switching. Also at about a buck fifty a round it isn`t exactly cheap to plink around with.
    Dean.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    These post about guns makes me think I need to get to the range.....
    a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull. Can`t take too many rounds before I switch over ......
    Yup, you and me both. Luckily, we have a fairly new, state of the art indoor range really close, $20 all day.

I can ONLY IMAGINE what a beast that BEAR GUN would be on the wrist!!!

Just realized I had these 640x480 shots of my 556, and my lil` Kimber.

Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    Likes House of Wax, skibik liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WOW cardaddy! That is one seriously sweet rifle setup!
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Yup, you and me both. Luckily, we have a fairly new, state of the art indoor range really close, $20 all day.

I can ONLY IMAGINE what a beast that BEAR GUN would be on the wrist!!!

Just realized I had these 640x480 shots of my 556, and my lil` Kimber.

That .556 looks like a fun gun to shoot. That is one gun that I haven`t been able to bring myself to buying. I burn through enough ammo when I do make it to the range that I figure I would go bonkers on 30 round clips. My Springfield XDM at 16 rounds per clip is bad enough. The Casull is a fun gun to shoot. I am by no means a good shot but even a water filled milk jug at 100 yards gets a little scared when I break it out. It takes a few shots because the jugs keeps jumping out of the way(LOL) but I do get lucky and can manage to hit it but it may take a full cylinder or more to do it.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    WOW cardaddy! That is one seriously sweet rifle setup!
    Thank you very much bubba`. I`ve actually got almost as much in furniture on the 556 as the gun itself cost. I picked it up at Adventure Outdoors for $1365 ($1995 list), then dropped WEEEEEELLLL over a grand on all the Magpul furniture, that Aimpoint, the sling, Troy mounts for the sling, the bi-pod, extra mags, mag bumpers, rail covers (Larue Tactical), and of course that GemTech etc.

My and my baby girl (she was in college at the time) went shopping one afternoon and picked it up (only had the Aimpoint on it when I brought it home). We didn`t get in till after 1:00am, thinking we`d be nice and quite... OH NOOOOOOOO
    CarMomma was WAITING on my arse! Slept on the sofa for a couple nights over that one! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    That .556 looks like a fun gun to shoot. That is one gun that I haven`t been able to bring myself to buying. I burn through enough ammo when I do make it to the range that I figure I would go bonkers on 30 round clips. My Springfield XDM at 16 rounds per clip is bad enough. The Casull is a fun gun to shoot. I am by no means a good shot but even a water filled milk jug at 100 yards gets a little scared when I break it out. It takes a few shots because the jugs keeps jumping out of the way(LOL) but I do get lucky and can manage to hit it but it may take a full cylinder or more to do it.
    Oh it`s a BLAST to shoot! Gets pricy in a hurry though, even with the cheapest brass I can find. Although... they`ve been tested, running uber cheap Russian/east European steel ammo and they tend to hardly ever have a jam. I just can`t bring myself to run steel through it though, so yeah... gets a bit pricy. Hard not to pop off 30 at a time here and there.

I hear ya` on the Springfield. I have that XDM 3.8 (9mm) I mentioned above, with the four 13`s and the one 17 and we`ll let that puppy fly sometimes.

That`s where my 1911`s keep me sane. Old school, single stack, keeps ya` honest.
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    That`s where my 1911`s keep me sane. Old school, single stack, keeps ya` honest.
    Yeah, the single stack. Got a Colt 1911 Rail gun I bought a few years ago and I am glad they only hold a limited amount or I would go broke feeding it. I have one 7 shot and one 8 shot clip and I laugh at how short lived a full clip is compared to the XDM. I have a match to my Colt .45 ACP in a .22 and the sad part is that it is close to 2 years old and hasn`t fired a round yet. Might have to head to the range Saturday since it sounds like we will have some great weather. Looks like the cars detail will have to wait until the long weekend.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Question for the AR builders....

Don`t quite have the coin for a full rifle at the moment, but thinking about at least picking a complete lower. Anybody got any suggestions for a good "budget" complete lower to look into, or maybe more important, ones to avoid?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my Glock 34. Perfect target shooting pistol, no chance to shoot it yet. Put a single stage match grade trigger in my AR.., awesome. Pretty well set on my firearms until I`m ready to shell out for a nice, pretty Colt 45.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information