Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets talk about shaving

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    If you haven`t yet take a look at maggard razors...they sell a lot of different samples for soaps and creams.

I just got into this saftey razor gig a few months ago. Thanks to this thread actually. I absolutely love it. Tools me a few weeks to get the hang of it but now I`ll never go back to carts.

TOBS creams are amazing. Those are the only ones I`ve tried so far. Heard great thing about maggard brand too. They are made by Through the Fire who also is supposed to have some great soaps.

Thank you guys for getting me started on this new shaving gig. Lets talk about shaving Lets talk about shaving

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    This thread got me started in DE shaving also. Funny after 30 years of shaving I actually look forward to shaving. I got some of my best shaves right out of the gate. As far as soaps I have enough to get through now for a couple years. I want to pick up Soap Commanders Endurance (there Old Spice version). I have there Confidence scent and it is a real good soap. Down the road I want to try Stirling soaps. I have read positive things about there soap.

Check out Badger and Blade forums if you haven`t already. Lots of useful information there.
    Dean.
    Likes mjlinane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord the Astra blade on my 47c cut me silly this morning! Part was me being clumsy and landing my first swipe with a cut on my lip. Then scuff marks on my neck I didn`t even feel. Crazy because I`d previously told someone I didn`t think I could cut myself with the 47 if I`d tried... So much for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    This thread got me started in DE shaving also. Funny after 30 years of shaving I actually look forward to shaving. I got some of my best shaves right out of the gate. As far as soaps I have enough to get through now for a couple years. I want to pick up Soap Commanders Endurance (there Old Spice version). I have there Confidence scent and it is a real good soap. Down the road I want to try Stirling soaps. I have read positive things about there soap.

Check out Badger and Blade forums if you haven`t already. Lots of useful information there.
    Yeah same here...I actually look forward to my morning shaves after almost 20 years of dreading carts. Those look like some nice soaps you want to try. I just got my sample from Through the Fire Fine craft and they look pretty promising!

Badger & blade gets me in trouble. Now I`m on the hunt for a wolf whiskers brush. You have to get on a list and he custom makes them. List opens again in June. I gotta do it. Lol!

Here is a pic from his Facebook page...
    uploadfromtaptalk1460205487617.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah same here...I actually look forward to my morning shaves after almost 20 years of dreading carts. Those look like some nice soaps you want to try. I just got my sample from Through the Fire Fine craft and they look pretty promising!

Badger & blade gets me in trouble. Now I`m on the hunt for a wolf whiskers brush. You have to get on a list and he custom makes them. List opens again in June. I gotta do it. Lol!

Here is a pic from his Facebook page...
    uploadfromtaptalk1460205487617.jpg

That is a nice looking handle on that brush. I had to hunt high and low for one that I liked the look of and had a small knot and not much loft. I had the basic pure badger from the VDH kit and it was a decent brush but a little too much loft. I did tighten it up by wrapping a rubber band a couple times around the base. It is a little bit too stiff though and has a little scritch to it. Below pictured is the one I found, it is an Omega 636 silvertip and I really like it.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

The CREMO is not easy to find. But found it during a wal mart trip. Picked up the new COOLING formula. Will give it a go next shave.

cooling-mens-shave-cream-front.jpg
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes yg1829 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    That is a nice looking handle on that brush. I had to hunt high and low for one that I liked the look of and had a small knot and not much loft. I had the basic pure badger from the VDH kit and it was a decent brush but a little too much loft. I did tighten it up by wrapping a rubber band a couple times around the base. It is a little bit too stiff though and has a little scritch to it. Below pictured is the one I found, it is an Omega 636 silvertip and I really like it.

Didn`t see you replied to this...that`s a nice brush.

I just had Larry from whipped dog make me a synthetic 24mm knot with a 52mm loft and it`s absolutely perfect. I wanted to get into face lathering and I`m glad I did. This brush is so soft. Larry is a great guy too.

Post Thanks / Like

Etsy is amazing, just throwing that out there...

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t see you replied to this...that`s a nice brush.

I just had Larry from whipped dog make me a synthetic 24mm knot with a 52mm loft and it`s absolutely perfect. I wanted to get into face lathering and I`m glad I did. This brush is so soft. Larry is a great guy too.

This one has a 21mm knot and a 51mm loft. I have enough stuff around the sink and couldn`t see having another bowl to lather in taking up space so I face lather. I really like this brush and it didn`t cost an arm and a leg. The VDH brush was a little too prickly and didn`t want to give up the lather after it was loaded. This silvertip seems to hold a little too much water but I think I got it figured out.

Heard good things about those brushes of his. Glad you found something you like.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

CREMO Shave creme (Cooling). Had my doubts about this product. I was wrong. . It lives up to its hype. No OTC canned gel or foam is going to match this. It provided a close, nick free, comfortable shave. The cooling effect is great during the shave and even lasts afterwards. Just follow the directions on the tube and your set up for a perfect shave. Well done CREMO.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:
    Been using the CREMO shave creme for months now. This stuff just gets it! The most amazing shave creme ever!! I like their latest TV spot. " Maybe it`s not the razor you using, but your choice of shave creme?" I have experienced the best shave time after time with this stuff.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have to throw a plug in for my friend -

Viking Shaving Soap, Body Soap, and Cosmetic Goods – Creating World Class Shaving Soap, Soap & Cosmetic Products

This is the slickest shaving soap I have ever used. I have a lifetime supply at this point, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    UPDATE:
    Been using the CREMO shave creme for months now. This stuff just gets it! The most amazing shave creme ever!! I like their latest TV spot. " Maybe it`s not the razor you using, but your choice of shave creme?" I have experienced the best shave time after time with this stuff.
    Thanks i bought this to try and I really like it. Nice thing is it`s not uber expensive or anything like that either. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Been having issues lately. Lots of nicks on the neck and blemishes on my face. Skin just seems to be stressed. Diligent face washing corrected this a while ago, doesn`t seem to be working anymore. No discernible change in technique.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Been having issues lately. Lots of nicks on the neck and blemishes on my face. Skin just seems to be stressed. Diligent face washing corrected this a while ago, doesn`t seem to be working anymore. No discernible change in technique.
    Bad batch of blades? Hey, it happens.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Bad batch of blades? Hey, it happens.
    I use 3 different blades.., Asta, Personna and Dorco. Been a bit of rough sledding with all 3. Particularly the personna in the open comb.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information