Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets talk about shaving

Let me rephrase that. The razors that take those paint scraper looking blades intrigue but just not enough yet to buy one.

Above the Tie(Kronos SE1) are just way overpriced in my book. I would like to try a razor that takes those artist club blades but most of the razors are custom built and fetch too much money. I think I seen one that was priced close to $400. I know I have spent a lot in this new found hobby but I do draw a line.

eBarbershop Schick clone https://www.ebarbershop.com/ebarbers...or-handle.html

I can still buy Schick Injector blades at our local drugstore. I never knew it but you can also get Personna and Ted Pella Injector blades online. I hardly use my Injector anymore, only on special occasions. That eBarbershop razor does look interesting. On Badger and Blade a number of members are buying them and then ordering the twin Injector blades from Japan.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

My newest experiences: Got my Starling and liked it a lot... until I ordered and used the Supply Single Edge. Takes the injector blades. That thing is the easiest, smoothest shaving razor in my embarrassingly large razor collection. And I`ve gotten more than a month out of the blade. Highly recommended.

Started on the route to the Dark Side - bought a cheap ($5.99 delivered) shavette and am living without a safety net. There has been blood. Am getting better - last 2 shaves were bloodless (2 WTG passes on cheeks only - finish with the Supply). Starting to get the appeal. Thinking of getting the Feather AC SS Kamisori style next.

Post Thanks / Like

You are more brave then I am with that shavette. A number of times I thought about getting one but the thought runs through my mind about hacking off my earlobe so I haven`t bought one. I don`t think I could get around my face just using my right hand and I am just not coordinated enough to trust my left hand with an open razor.

Those Injector blades do last. I have my Dad`s Schick Injector and it is quite aggressive so I don`t use it much.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to revive thread even though it has only been a month. I was sitting here trying to remember how long it has been since I started this DE/soap venture, mind is slipping. Couldn`t remember if it was Jan `16 or `17 and remembered this thread got me started. I got into this type of shaving to get a better shave and for the most part they have been really nice. After reading a couple of my old posts and one said "I spent enough on detailing my car I could just as well spend it on detailing my face". Now considering what I spent on detailing supplies and some still have yet to be used I had no idea I could actually spend more on my face! Well I am pretty sure I have. Found some great soaps/creams and some not so great ones. I had been on Badger and Blade forums and entered a Purchase Sabbatical this year and made it about 2 months before I succumbed to my "life is too short" philosophy and have bought a few more soaps and matching aftershaves. I think I now have enough supplies to keep a horse shaved for at least a couple years.

Happy shaving!
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been in full blown RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder) for the past month or so. 8 (I think) inexpensive shavettes plus the Feather SS and DX (folding and kamisori). Not to mention blades, 9 soaps, 2 brushes and a scuttle. Arghhhh!!!!

Am really enjoying the naked blade shaves. Still struggle a bit with the goatee area but I have a multitude of DEs to tidy up there. Almost daily BBS which was not always the case prior.

Post Thanks / Like

Did square away my secondary shaving den, too. ��

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned I was in the sabbatical but only made it to the end of February. Then I acquired a few more soaps, 6 I think and one more on the way. I need to get rid of some that I don`t like or doesn`t agree with my skin. I haven`t counted lately but I am somewhere over 30 soaps and creams and about 10 I don`t care for that needs to go. Just picked up Castle Forbes Cedar wood Sandalwood scent and that one wasn`t exactly what I expected for a scent. I thought fresh cedar and sandalwood mixed in but it is more of an old cedar chest smell with a combination of driving down a dusty gravel road. One of the nicest creams I have tried next to DR Harris and TOBS.

I bought a scuttle from Georgetown pottery over a year ago and was using it during the last couple winters, warm lather is nice. Just put it away and broke out a lather bowl. I only use the scuttle and the lather bowl for croaps and creams. If I can scrape out some soap I bowl lather, all the hard soaps I load on and face lather.

Still haven`t got around to buying a shavette. I just don`t think I could use it. It would be to awkward to do the left side of my face and I certainly don`t trust my left hand for that.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t shave or cut my hair.
    I`m retired and don`t care what people think about my appearance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper280 View Post
    I don`t shave or cut my hair.
    I`m retired and don`t care what people think about my appearance!
    Shaving is like detailing a car. What others think has nothing to do with the reason I keep my vehicles clean. It’s how I feel about them that matters.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just used the new Barbasol Ultra 6 plus disposable this morning with my usual Cremo. Wow. For a disposable it is quite impressive. Best part is it was a freebie.

Barbasol ? Men?s Razors & Shaving Cream Products
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

So this thread has me convinced I need to try old-school shaving, prompted by my Grandfather giving my my great-grandafther`s mug and shaving brush.

I know a DE saftey razor is where to start - which one? Merkur 34c? any other recommendations?

It`s Barbasol and Mach 3 turbo for me right now... I`m thinking anything will be an upgrade. Thanks gents.
    Likes mjlinane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Merkurs are a good place to start - along with Edwin Jagger or Muhle.

I think an even better place is with a good quality shaving soap/cream (not the stuff from cans) and brush. Then beard prep.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The brand doesnt matter... Merkur, parker etc all make fine razors. Key is stick to non toothed or at least a close toothed razor. The ones with open teeth get aggressive and take some practice. I have one but dont use it often. Check out classic shaving for tons of razor options.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks guys.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information