Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets talk about shaving

My wife got me a tube of cremo for Christmas and I’m still playing around to see if I like it or if it’s just ok. She got me the non menthol one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been using old taylor of bond street " sandalwood , its the best Ive used so far

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit the Cremo company has awesome support. They guarantee their products. Somehow I ended up on their email list as they sent out a blast on a new moisturizer and the promo on it was if you bought it and sent in the receipt you could get a rebate for it and would end up getting it for free. After having a bad reaction to the shave cream I responding to that email and told them if that moisturizer was anything like there shave cream they could keep it(but in more elaborate words that probably aren`t fit for posting here). I was shocked that I got a response from a manager, I think, asking me what the problem was and that they stand behind their products. I explained what had happened and they offered to send me a new tube and stated that in transit it may have froze and gone bad. It could have because the store it was delivered to is up here in the frozen north. I responded and said it wasn`t necessary but instead of sending the original could you send me the cooling shave cream(I think it is called) and if you want to save me the time sending in a receipt feel free to throw in that bottle of moisturizer. To my surprise the package showed up and low and behold both a tube of cooling shave cream and the moisturizer. I was lucky enough to be home when it arrived so it didn`t sit outside and freeze. Well it turned out something in the ingredients gives me a reaction that lights my face on fire. I kept in touch and explained that there shave cream I can not use and he even offered to give me a full refund. I did not except as I told him that he done more than a lot of other companies would have done and that he had gone above and beyond already.

Now the moisturizer on the other hand is a nice product and I use it this time of the year on my face either after a shave or in between shaves on these super cold days to help keep my face from drying out. There is no scent to it which I like because I can put on an aftershave and the moisturizer over it and it doesn`t kill the scent of the aftershave much.
    Dean.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Every time I heard the word Cremo I think my face starts to spontaneously com-bust. It is like I can almost feel it burning my face.

I picked up some Truefitt & Hill - West Indian Limes, Myrsol - Blue shave cream, Razorock - Blue Barbershop and some Taylor of Old Bond Street - Mr. Taylors shave cream over Christmas. The first two I have yet to try and the latter two are both real nice soaps/creams and they all smell great. For two years since I found this thread I can say 95% of the time I look forward to the next shave.

Bad thing is since I found this two years ago I dove into this headfirst and just like detailing I have enough stuff to last a lifetime and then some.

Some champagne tastes you have! What’s your favorite of all those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Save money shaving, switch to a double edge razor they say.

What they don’t tell you is it is the beginning of a deep rabbit hole. The cream, soap, aftershave, scent, brush, blade keeps you asking “is this better”?

The worst thing for my wallet is visiting Q Brothers (Metz apothecary, or known online as Small Flower) when I am in Chicago. Last time I was there it cost me over $200. It is hypnotizing smelling the different products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    My wife got me a tube of cremo for Christmas and I’m still playing around to see if I like it or if it’s just ok. She got me the non menthol one

I liked the cooling. I used the original Friday. It was also great! It has a citrus scent. I see they also have new sandalwood.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Cremo I am using it’s just awesome ! But I’m all so using a Schick hydro 5 those together so good lol

Post Thanks / Like

Of all I have I would say Saponificio Varesino, I have Felce Aromatica and 70th Anniversary scents and those soaps are superb. I still have to try 2 of the 4 mentioned above and looking forward to using the Myrsol Blue shave cream for my Sunday morning shave. I have the aftershave and I just love the scent. T&H Limes smells nice and will be used very likely on my Tuesday shave this week. Razorock Blue is a nice clean scent, you can`t go wrong with their soap no matter the scent. I have tried a couple of their soaps/scents and the lather is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoTaurus View Post
    Save money shaving, switch to a double edge razor they say.

What they don’t tell you is it is the beginning of a deep rabbit hole. The cream, soap, aftershave, scent, brush, blade keeps you asking “is this better”?

The worst thing for my wallet is visiting Q Brothers (Metz apothecary, or known online as Small Flower) when I am in Chicago. Last time I was there it cost me over $200. It is hypnotizing smelling the different products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I started this after reading this particular thread 2 years ago I know I didn`t start this to save money but then again I wasn`t expecting to go all out and spend what I have over the last 2 years. I spent $130 a year and a half ago on a re-plated in rose gold Gillette Slim adjustable in my birth year and quarter. Myrsol and the T&H Limes I mentioned above come from Smallflower and those 2 were just over $50. Luckily I am about 800 miles away from Merz because I couldn`t imagine what I would spend if I walked through the doors. Of all I spent I can say is that my favorite blade, Gillette 7 o`clock Permasharp, I use for that expensive razor of mine only costed $13 per 100 came all the way from India with free shipping even!

I pretty much did the same thing in my shaving venture as I did here when I started detailing. I have at least one detail product that I haven`t even tried yet that is 2 years old and have enough product to last the rest of my life owning one car or to last at least 5 if I owned a fleet. This shaving thing I have enough soap to last me around 10 years now I figured. It has gotten so bad I have put a no buy restraint on it for the next year.
    Dean.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know anything about this Occam’s razor that just came out?

Occam’s Razor good price ($78) for those thinking about it.

https://www.classicshaving.com/produ...69b9-111185533
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Gillette Fusion proshield, with the Cremo is a outstanding combo!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Occam’s Razor good price ($78) for those thinking about it.

https://www.classicshaving.com/produ...69b9-111185533
    Mustve been yesterday only, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Mustve been yesterday only, eh?
    Guess so, I did see the price yesterday.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a PAA Starling today. Takes single-edge GEM blades. Have had a love/hate relationship with the GEM razors so this will hopefully give me a way to use the 100 blades I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Ordered a PAA Starling today. Takes single-edge GEM blades. Have had a love/hate relationship with the GEM razors so this will hopefully give me a way to use the 100 blades I have.
    That is one razor I haven`t gotten into is the ones that take the paint scraper blades. I am kind of intrigued by them though.

The closest I get is my Dad`s Schick J1 Injector. I hardly use it though because it is such an aggressive razor.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you aren`t actually using "paint scraping blades". They LOOK like GEM blades and fit in GEM razors but aren`t nearly as sharp. My gripe is that the way the GEM razors hold the blade makes it hard to get into tiny places. The Starling looks like it fixes that problem.

I like the other single-edge razors (Mongoose, Hawk, Jefe, whatever AtT calls theirs) that take the Artist Club blades.

I know someone was working on a modern razor that takes the injector blades. Might be interested in that.

And, yes, I collect things.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information