Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets talk about shaving

I got to try the Shave Secret this morning. Day and a half old beard, Slim adjustable loaded with a fresh Wilkinson Sword(from India and not the Classic), my favorite soap Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica(Fern), this soap really doesn`t need any help but what the hay lets try the oil. First I dribbled 3 to 5 drops in my wet palm and rubbed together then on face per instructions, I forgot to re-wet face. So tried this again after wetting face. I would definitely never try this stuff as a stand alone product. It just didn`t feel slick enough to run a razor across the beard. So I lathered up the soap and applied. Did 2 passes, one with the grain, one against the grain and touch-ups. Now I really can`t say it helped much. I will have to try a few more shaves with it with other soaps, this soap just performs to well on its own to tell. As mentioned I didn`t see it said menthol on the blister pack before I bought it and I can feel the menthol in it. The bad thing is it kind of ruined the nice fern scent of my soap.
    Dean.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have interest in these? They don`t agree with my face, so I might as well ship them to someone who can use them! Just send me your address and I will drop them in the mail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Anyone have interest in these? They don`t agree with my face, so I might as well ship them to someone who can use them! Just send me your address and I will drop them in the mail.

I`ll give them a try pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

PM Received!

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a tube of EVERY MAN JACK shave cream today. All naturally derived ingredients. I`ll report how it did after I finish the little bit of CREMO i have left. Also got $2 off the new AQUA VELVA sensitive 5 in 1 after shave balm to try.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Love me some Cremo. Especially when I`m in a hurry. And I don`t want to build a proper lather.

The wife bought me some Every Man Jack post shave balm. It was as thin and runny as whole milk. Hope the Shave Cream is better.

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you feel that some blades respond differently with different crimes or soaps

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a course beard. So I can`t say I have noticed a difference in blade response. However, I do notice a huge difference in slickness from soap to soap.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Do any of you feel that some blades respond differently with different crimes or soaps

gotta be careful what blades i use on my open tooth razor or ill get all nicked up. Astras are smooth no matter what soap or oil, and personnas i have to take more care with. Its a balancing act.

Post Thanks / Like

Astras and feathers work best for me, convenience of tobs shaving cream, cold water, witch hazel, like the burn of club man, followed by non scented after shave lotion.
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post

Yes. The difference in the response is how much slickness the soap or cream provides. I have 3 creams(just to clarify these are not like Cremo, these are the type you lather up like soap) and 9 soaps and a couple of them don`t perform or have the slickness I prefer and they do make the blade feel a little different. You can have a different feeling or response with a blade when using the same soap or cream based on how good you made the lather.

I found a blade that works for me, Gillette 7 o`clock Permasharp, and even though I have a couple other blades this is my main one. When trying a new soap if I get the feeling that the blade feels off while shaving I will try and alter the lather for the next pass. If I am done with the current shave I will try and alter the lather the next shave I use it on. Usually when it feels a little off the next time I use the soap I will load more soap and make the lather a little thicker. For me it seems when the blade feels off my lather is on the thin side, but then that is just me. Try it both ways more soap or a little more water.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

EVERY MAN JACK update. First use today. Not bad at all. Provided a clean shave without drama. Sensitive formula. No fragrance and naturally derived. As good as CREMO? I would say close.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I here the word "Cremo" I swear I can feel my face burning. Can`t say that I have heard about Every Man Jack. I certainly don`t need to either as I just got in a few more soaps since my last post and am up to I think 13 and 3 creams. The latest is made here in my state, Cooper and French but I am not all on board with the performance/slickness of it. Some of these are 1/2 ounce samples good for about 8 to 10 shaves but a couple of the scents from them are not appealing. Love the Rum Runner(Bay Rum) scent but Captain`s Choice Bay Rum knocks its socks off. My top soap is Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica(fern). This soap is awesome and I have a few of there scents. The Italians know how to make a good soap. The worst purchase recently is Xpec Original, a premium soap that costs about $10 an ounce, luckily I got it for about 40% off because it is not that good and the scent reminds me of my dentist office. They have too many scents mixed up in it for me. Luckily my friend thinks it is the cats meow and it will be heading to a new home.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

So I read through this book of a topic....wow. Great content and the difference a good shave setup makes vs. what I had...holy cow!!. I`m still experimenting with blades, but the crystal and astra are great, edge to the crystal. I`m using the Van Der Hagen long handle razor, brush and soap. Also used the Proraso soap. All good. I actually look forward to a good shave!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Picked up a tube of EVERY MAN JACK shave cream today. All naturally derived ingredients. I`ll report how it did after I finish the little bit of CREMO i have left. Also got $2 off the new AQUA VELVA sensitive 5 in 1 after shave balm to try.
    EMJ makes good stuff. A little off topic have you tried the shower gel? It`s actually one of my favorites.. Cedarwood and Sandalwood have a subtle scent and not overpowering but smells awesome.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information