Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets talk about shaving

Vintage Gillette razors. Some prefer them over new ones.

They even like to collect them
    Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not on the same page as all these high end shavers/blades, but opened a new pack of shick xtreme 3 ultimate disposables this week. Very impressive shave.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to use the Gillette Super Speed but I would rather use my Slim or the Tech over the brand new Merkur any day. Actually the Tech has the same mild aggressiveness as the Merkur and it even look as new as the Merkur but yet it is 51 years old. Since I tried the Slim Adjustable I haven`t used anything else until this last Saturday when I had to break out the Schick Injector. I have 4 brand new twin disposables left that will likely ever get used. I love the shaves I get with these DE razors that I have no desire to use the twins anymore.
    Dean.
    Likes TuxedoTaurus, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got drunk and bought a Hoshi Tombo 6500 from eBay. Also ordered a silver tip badger brush component set.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Got drunk and bought a Hoshi Tombo 6500 from eBay. Also ordered a silver tip badger brush component set.
    Even though I don`t think I could ever use one my suggestion is don`t try shaving with that drunk. The outcome might not be what you want.

I moved up from a pure badger (cheapest) to an Omega silvertip and it is soft I like it. Hopefully you enjoy yours.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Even though I don`t think I could ever use one my suggestion is don`t try shaving with that drunk. The outcome might not be what you want.

I moved up from a pure badger (cheapest) to an Omega silvertip and it is soft I like it. Hopefully you enjoy yours.
    haha, no drunk shaving... got it! I`ve done ok with the shavette but my reading tells me its extremely difficult to get a decent result on a consistent basis with one. Some of my shaves are really good, and others leave my skin feeling all shredded up.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got around to the neutrogena shave cream this weekend. Got two tubes back in Dec. Wow. Nothing impressive at all. Almost no protection against nicks/cuts. And this was with a new blade. Called the 1-800 number and expressed my concerens. To my surprise they are issuing a check out to me for both tubes.

Nothing has matched the gillette clear shave gel in the tube! Hard to find, but worth it.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Just got around to the neutrogena shave cream this weekend. Got two tubes back in Dec. Wow. Nothing impressive at all. Almost no protection against nicks/cuts. And this was with a new blade. Called the 1-800 number and expressed my concerens. To my surprise they are issuing a check out to me for both tubes.

Nothing has matched the gilette clear shave gel in the tube! Hard to find, but worth it.
    Proraso beats the pants off gillette, the mint an original are amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

The only crean I tried was Cremo and can`t bring myself to try it again. One day I will work up the nerve. I read that there are a number of people that like the Kiss My Face shave cream. I see it comes in a pump and in a tube.

Tried Taylor of Old Bond Street traditional hard soap on more than one occassion and just don`t like it. Keep going back to my Van Der Hagen Luxury soap and love it. Have 3 other soaps I have tried and they are good but sticking with the VDH Luxury until I can get through some of the different blades to try first. The Feather blades are just not for me. Gillette 7 o`clock PermaSharp blades are at the top.

Also acquired the following razor in my birth year. Was going to send out mine for plating but found one already done.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Also acquired the following razor in my birth year. Was going to send out mine for plating but found one already plated in gold. Looks sweet.

Interesting razor..................
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Interesting razor..................
    Your quick you beat me before I got it corrected. Working on the tablet makes it hard to copy and paste the links. I can never seem to get it to copy the full link. And of course I didn`t do a preview first.
    Dean.
    Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your quick you beat me before I got it corrected. Working on the tablet makes it hard to copy and paste the links. I can never seem to get it to copy the full link. And of course I didn`t do a preview first.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes skibik liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using the TOBS shave shop cream... The texture of it is perfect. A bit pricy but I almost can`t stand the other 3 soaps I have after using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you have better luck with the TOBS cream than I did with the soap. Just not getting the slickness from it and it is hard to work up a good lather. The other soaps I have are so much easier than this one. The TOBS just become the most expensive shower soap thatnI will have ever used. I have some Soap Commander and that seems to be a good soap. It is hard to get to try things when I only shave every other day. Currently I am trying to find the perfect blade for my face and razor. Then I will use some more of my other soaps I acquired.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you have better luck with the TOBS cream than I did with the soap. Just not getting the slickness from it and it is hard to work up a good lather. The other soaps I have are so much easier than this one. The TOBS just become the most expensive shower soap thatnI will have ever used. I have some Soap Commander and that seems to be a good soap. It is hard to get to try things when I only shave every other day. Currently I am trying to find the perfect blade for my face and razor. Then I will use some more of my other soaps I acquired.
    If you haven`t yet take a look at maggard razors...they sell a lot of different samples for soaps and creams.

I just got into this saftey razor gig a few months ago. Thanks to this thread actually. I absolutely love it. Tools me a few weeks to get the hang of it but now I`ll never go back to carts.

TOBS creams are amazing. Those are the only ones I`ve tried so far. Heard great thing about maggard brand too. They are made by Through the Fire who also is supposed to have some great soaps.

Thank you guys for getting me started on this new shaving gig. Lets talk about shaving Lets talk about shaving

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information