Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trueisms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trueisms

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I think SF was the only major city I was ever in I didn`t like. The people were pretty unfriendly and stand-offish. Everywhere you walk there is a huge hill, I ended up with big blisters on my feet. Went down to the water front and had to listen to like a zillion seals yelping and crying. The climate was windy and cold, especially at night. Seemed like there where whole areas of bums laying around outside. Dunno, just didn`t like it there.

Paying for bags,?? That wouldn`t fly at any decent supermarket here.

The retailers had no choice. It is a city ordinance. BTW....They are not bums or homeless. They are the housing challenged... LOL

I live in a City and State that thinks raising the min wage would help the poor. All they managed to do was to move the entire pay scale up. Now everything cost more as a result. Gas is around $3.5 a gallon and if you want premium gas then add on another $.50.

Min wage is currently at $12.25 and will increase to $15 by 2018. Employers will most likely react to this by reducing more staff and eliminating more full time positions. How would this help the poor??? This helps no one. I beginning to feel the State I live in (California) thinks that it is a privilege for its citizen to live here.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to "The best person, for the job"??????????

This is why political correctness is a JOKE

CIA promises better diversity
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor scientific predictions killed the unicorns. ...
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won`t bother you for weeks, months, maybe years
    Likes Bunky, trashmanssd, Jaddie, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If humans could fly, they`d consider it exercise and never do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Technically, we are all half Centaur.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never ever mix sleeping pills and laxatives.
    Likes trashmanssd, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Old people shouldn`t eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.

Post Thanks / Like

You might be swayed to buy meat that`s labeled "antibiotic free," but the truth is, "technically, all meat must be free of all traces of antibiotics before it`s sold," says Cohn. Translation: "antibiotic free" is mostly a marketing ploy, and doesn`t guarantee that the meat wasn`t raised without antibiotics. Similarly, you might see the label on chicken or pork that says "hormone free." Again, it`s a marketing tactic given hormones are not allowed to be used on these two animals anyway. Look for terms like "raised without antibiotics" and "raised without added hormones."
    Likes trashmanssd, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"Organic" doesn`t always mean pesticide-free. Pears, berries, apples, and some veggies may be doused with a naturally occurring mineral clay powder to ward off insects, which may leave a powdery residue behind. Similarly, since 2002, the National Organic Standards Board has allowed the antibiotics Tetracycline and Streptomycin to be used in the production of organic apples and pears to fight a bacterial disease called "fire blight." This serves as a good reminder to wash all your produce, organic or not. Rinse under running water to remove any residue, dirt, and bacteria, and use a scrub brush on produce with harder skins.

Post Thanks / Like

this is about as organic as I can get ...
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    "Organic" doesn`t always mean pesticide-free. Pears, berries, apples, and some veggies may be doused with a naturally occurring mineral clay powder to ward off insects, which may leave a powdery residue behind. Similarly, since 2002, the National Organic Standards Board has allowed the antibiotics Tetracycline and Streptomycin to be used in the production of organic apples and pears to fight a bacterial disease called "fire blight." This serves as a good reminder to wash all your produce, organic or not. Rinse under running water to remove any residue, dirt, and bacteria, and use a scrub brush on produce with harder skins.
    I am not sure why but my wife seems obsessed with washing the bananas for a long time?

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I just read this entire thread and am a little bummed out.

Setec quit responding. I was thoroughly interested in his contributions to this thread, for he`s exceptionally brilliant, and what he was saying caused me to challenge my own thinking, which is good because I`ve been thinking the same way for at least forty years.

My perceptions are much the same as Steve`s (Swanic`s), though I realize I don`t have access to the empirical facts to guide me like Steve probably does.

Ignorance is bliss and I`m all about the bliss. The facts and opinions related to entitlement, personal responsibility, civic responsibility, and achievement contain too much blackness (or darkness or depressing things, not to be taken as a racial slur) for me to consider at length. These things were forced on me in my formal education and I`m trying to forget them.)

But about all the manufacturing going to China, didn`t we have to send manufacturing over there to be competitive?

I reckon I don`t have any morals. If I worked on an assembly line, I`d definitely want to be a part of the union. And if I were in management, I`d definitely want to get rid of that union (or actually just its power to control the company).

Personal responsibility, drive, ambition, bettering oneself and making life more comfortable for one`s family, those are admirable ideals. Wow, my father (born in `31) and father-in-law (born in `47) certainly did/had those things! Both were born poor and both worked extremely hard (in some ways forfeiting what I`d call a real life) to attain their substantial success. Laughing at eighty-hour workweeks for decades, they truly earned their success and I hope they minimized their tax burdens.

All these intelligent opinions broked my head.

I can`t even figure out the wax-on, wax-off thing.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    . But if Setec said there`s a racial subtext there, then Swanic must have deleted one or more of his posts, because Setec wouldn`t just make that up.
    Nope. Think again. Honestly, I edit posts all the time. But I only add stuff - never take out. I have no racial bias at all. I equally begrudge lazy people of all races.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops. Steve, as you were posting your reply, I was editing out that part of my post because I found that I needed to explain that I value your opinion as much as Setec`s, and that was off the topic of my reply.

But I`m probably way off base with everything, especially now. I had sinus surgery last Wednesday and my head is killing me. I can`t take the pain meds because they make me sick. I`d rather hurt than be nauseous.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information