Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trueisms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trueisms

Father and Son.

I can live by my own two hands and live well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I`ve felt that the culture in American has always been centered around entitlement, this is what led to the mentality...

For example, the 2nd amendment everyone is entitled to own a gun... or how Americans feel entitled to the land originally taken from the native Americans that lived here before... It`s been going on a long time and it`s how our country was founded (on entitlement). Our forefathers felt entitled to be independent and fought for it.

Canada, on the other hand, didn`t fight for it`s independence and has much less of this entitlement culture/mentality (with exception of the French entitlement, in Quebec). I say if the services are there let the people use them to the fullest extent of the law just like corporations take full advantage of every tax break and loophole they can.

Mentality is the problem, with most if not all issues we face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Even though it is a right, not an "entitlement" (even though entitlements now are becoming rights), this "right" must be exercised with responsibility...

Seeing how people are becoming more dependent on government instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, rights and freedoms are going by the wayside..

Any government that can supply you with what you need, can become tyrannical enough to take it away.
    After a while to ponder this some more, it comes down to 2 simple words

Personal responsibility !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You will never hear some one say "I was wasted last night and made the best decision of my life!"
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    You will never hear some one say "I was wasted last night and made the best decision of my life!"
    Not true, I`ve had a lot of fun in that state years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Until the phone rings........ Been there, done that
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A woman knows all about her children. She knows about their best friends, romances, secret hopes and dreams, favorite foods, fears and dental appointments.

A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a church guy all though I think many need and flourish from it. I do live my life by one simple rule that the catholic church loves, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I see it as very simple just reverse the roles and think if you would be ok with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post

just because its fun doesnt make it a good decision. I would find it fun to have unprotected sex with lots women but may be a bad decision or steal a sweet car like rons corvette very fun but also bad decision.

Post Thanks / Like

A man will pay $10 for a $5 item he needs.

A woman will pay $5 for a $10 item that she doesn`t need, because it`s on sale.
    Likes GearHead_1, trashmanssd, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to the car to bring my groceries in.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to the car to bring my groceries in.

I will put my arms though so I can get 5-6 hanging from my forarms then try hold as many as I can with my hands, its hard trying to get them up onto the counter and back off but totally worth saving the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in San Francisco and most counties around the bay area.....A plastic ban has been in effect for a few years. There is no way I could carry that much grocery to the car without the paper bags breaking on me.

The worst part is this. The local government forces all retailers to charge the customers for the paper bags and the cost varies from counties to counties (anywhere from 10 cents to a quarter per bag).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Here in San Francisco and most counties around the bay area.....A plastic ban has been in effect for a few years. There is no way I could carry that much grocery to the car without the paper bags breaking on me.

The worst part is this. The local government forces all retailers to charge the customers for the paper bags and the cost varies from counties to counties (anywhere from 10 cents to a quarter per bag).

I stay away from SF as much as I can

Post Thanks / Like

Trueisms

I stay away from SF as much as I can
    I think SF was the only major city I was ever in I didn`t like. The people were pretty unfriendly and stand-offish. Everywhere you walk there is a huge hill, I ended up with big blisters on my feet. Went down to the water front and had to listen to like a zillion seals yelping and crying. The climate was windy and cold, especially at night. Seemed like there where whole areas of bums laying around outside. Dunno, just didn`t like it there.

Paying for bags,?? That wouldn`t fly at any decent supermarket here.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information