Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trueisms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trueisms

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t this why the Africans starve while we (North Americans) waste enough food on a daily basis to feed the world`s starving population...

Can`t cut the food of fellow citizens and prospective voters now can we?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This country manufactured "stuff" before all these entitlements started. If half the people in this country weren`t receiving some type of "entitlement" (love that term), there would be more competition for jobs - and costs of labor would probably go down. In fact, you could probably actually make something in this country.

The problem IMHO isn`t an economic one - it`s a mentality problem. There are huge clumps of cities in America where nobody works. There are government programs for medical care, food, and housing. The government is there to see nobody goes without. Well, maybe if people are in fear of "going without" they would get a damn job.

IMHO the only way to fix it is to cut them off. The labor force would increase, new workers would have earned dollars to spend and pay more taxes - and the economy would be stimulated. New jobs would be created.

How did this all work 100 years ago before all these BS entitlement programs??? Those who worked ate - those that didn`t - didn`t. It was pretty simple. America manufactured all types of goods. Now we make nothing and a large portion of our population sits at home each day waiting for a government check.
    There`s a lack of labor force in the USA? First I`ve heard of that.

I think the problem is people keep buying Chinese/Asian reverse engineered crap designed to break just after the warranty. Check the US GDP if you want to see the problem.

Way too many service orientated jobs and not enough production / product creation / manufacturing jobs. The labor force is there, but the trade politics and capitalest greed is superseding...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post

I think the problem is people keep buying Chinese/Asian reverse engineered crap designed to break just after the warranty. Check the US GDP if you want to see the problem.

Way too many service orientated jobs and not enough production / product creation / manufacturing jobs. The labor force is there, but the trade politics and capitalest greed is superseding...

The quote below in my mind sorta covers it

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Opportunity is missed by most people because looks like work.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you check the US government` budget the handouts would be a drop in the bucket compared to everything that gets spent (military surveillance of the world`s communications just to name one). I say this with confidence because, do you think someone on welfare is going to invest or even spend their check/handout outside of America? No. So it helps to fuel the economy to give handouts as it causes money to circulate and more tax`s, revenues, and jobs to be generated.

I don`t know why people are led to believe that the people accepting handouts (needing them or not) are the source of the problem, when we all should know that 95% (if not more) of the world`s wealth/resources is/are controlled by %1 of the people (that`s the problem, IMHO). If they spread the money and resources evenly there would be more than enough for all, but we are greedy capitalists and we don`t care about the people/social aspect because apparently they`ve already brainwashed the middle class (and up) to pick on the poor. It`s a damn tragedy.

I could go on and on, but the truth is I don`t have a solution that would be accepted because we all want more than we need (myself included) #truth

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion..........

Hand outs are not the problem. It`s the entitlement mentality that is PART of the problem.

This is still the land of opportunity, people just need to take advantage of the opportunities.

As I said, my opinion
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, you seem to be blaming others for your lot in life, or you are defending what you consider the "down trodden", and are annoyed by others drive and successes.

Since my posts annoy you, may I point out that the forum has an ignore function. Feel free to avail yourself of it`s usefulness.

Enjoy your day, and spread some happiness.

My lot in life has very little to do with what I think are the problems America faces, and I certainly don`t blame others for my situation. I understand that my success has been a result of not just my hard work, but all the advantages I`ve been provided. So, maybe you should leave the psychoanalysis to the professionals, or apply it to someone closer to home.

In the meantime, and these are mean times, blaming the poor for the systemic problems this country faces when they aren`t now, nor have they ever been in charge is, I think, not helpful. If you want to understand what caused the deindustrialization of America, it wasn`t unions or regulation, Germany is much more unionized and regulated than we are and they still have their industries. I`d suggest you look at the Reagan tax cuts that freed up the investment capital to move the factories overseas.

Finally, I don`t need anyone to tell me to enjoy my days, I have a great life, and don`t worry about annoying me you don`t.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard View Post
    Finally, I don`t need anyone to tell me to enjoy my days, I have a great life, and don`t worry about annoying me you don`t.

Robert

Ok, have a day then....

Post Thanks / Like

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
    Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion..........

Hand outs are not the problem. It`s the entitlement mentality that is PART of the problem.

This is still the land of opportunity, people just need to take advantage of the opportunities.

As I said, my opinion
    I`ve felt that the culture in American has always been centered around entitlement, this is what led to the mentality...

For example, the 2nd amendment everyone is entitled to own a gun... or how Americans feel entitled to the land originally taken from the native Americans that lived here before... It`s been going on a long time and it`s how our country was founded (on entitlement). Our forefathers felt entitled to be independent and fought for it.

Canada, on the other hand, didn`t fight for it`s independence and has much less of this entitlement culture/mentality (with exception of the French entitlement, in Quebec). I say if the services are there let the people use them to the fullest extent of the law just like corporations take full advantage of every tax break and loophole they can.

Mentality is the problem, with most if not all issues we face.

Post Thanks / Like

For example, the 2nd amendment everyone is entitled to own a gun... or how Americans feel entitled to the land originally taken from the native Americans that lived here before... It`s been going on a long time and it`s how our country was founded (on entitlement). Our forefathers felt entitled to be independent and fought for it.
    Even though it is a right, not an "entitlement" (even though entitlements now are becoming rights), this "right" must be exercised with responsibility...

Seeing how people are becoming more dependent on government instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, rights and freedoms are going by the wayside..

Any government that can supply you with what you need, can become tyrannical enough to take it away.
    Thanks Swanicyouth, 4u2nvinmtl, Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sure there is a lack of labor force in the USA - look at all the healthy able bodied people paid to do nothing. What labor force are they part of?

What most people don`t realize is this is a synergistic effect.

1. Collecting for doing nothing is demoralizing for the recipient

2. Collecting for doing nothing sets a poor example for recipient`s children - I`m guessing there is data out there *somewhere* that non working families product non-working children.

3. Those who collect for doing nothing contribute nothing to the tax box, since they neither earn nor product anything.

4. Those who collect for doing nothing are likely living at near poverty level. Since they buy less than a normal worker - they are doing nothing for the economy but bleeding it dry. Since they spend less, less jobs are created compared to if they were working and buying more goods.

Sorry, I`m not an economist, sociologist, or politician. This is just how I see it.

And while we are at it, why should we pay people to do nothing??? Why can`t they pick up road trash, paint a bridge, etc... While I agree this country may not be the most friendly towards manufacturing - work is work. Doing service / labor is still better than sitting on the couch watching Oprah.
    Likes Ronkh, fostarica, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    work is work. Doing service / labor is still better than sitting on the couch watching Oprah.
    Is she still on? Figured she`d be out campaigning for VP.

Post Thanks / Like

Is she still on? Figured she`d be out campaigning for VP.
    She`d make a good Pope.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don`t we ever see this headline:
    Psychic Wins Lottery ?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information