Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 239

Thread: Trueisms

  1. #31
    Detailing Gnosis Bunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    8,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    Does anybody know what the percentage is when you factor out social security and medicare? Those people, including me, should not be included as we earned those "entitlements" as we paid into the system for many years.
    I had posted this a while back on the stats about people "living" off the government.

    151 Million people getting a benefit (2011 data)

    49 Mil Social security - you pay directly for this


    85 Mil Medicaid


    46 Mil Medicare - you pay directly for this


    49 Mil Food stamps


    23 Mil WIC


    20 Mil SSI


    13 Mil in subsidized housing


    5 Mil getting unemployment - paid mostly by employment taxe

    Al
    The Need to Bead


  2. #32
    trashmanssd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Plymouth,Ma
    Posts
    1,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    you know how that makes me feel.


  3. #33
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    As far as the quoted stats go, I assume they are correct. They really don`t show anything as far as this discussion goes.

    The fact that was trying to be made is of those receiving those funds, how many really "need" them? Truly need them..... And I am not talking about SS or Medicare, since those are government mandated savings accounts. But with the SS discussion, SS really needs an overhaul as far as age/$$$ disbursement. A discussion that no politician wants to have, because even though it is necessary, the people that have paid into have every right to be looking forward to it.

    Now to comment on Swanic`s comment on we don`t manufacture anything, he is substantially correct. This shift was directly caused by giving China "most favorite trade" status.
    (blame Clinton or Nixon as you wish) Exacerbated by the fact that with our tax code we are not competitive.


    Next on the list = CEO/MBA
    Impressive, you say you run your own business, so even if not a corp, you are the ceo, so you are lumped into the category as you stated above. Do you not take care of your employees? Do you try to keep your business expenses as low as you can? Do you not pay taxes as prescribed by the agencies of jurisdiction? Then you are guilty of what you said above.
    MBA`s Most of em I have met have no idea how to run a business.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    3,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Running a Small-to medium sized business in the USA is not easy. Regulations, healthcare and other expenses are a huge cost. Employees get paid regularly and many times the bosses are the ones who go without until cash flow is sufficient for them to get paid. Cheaper items from abroad have had a profound effect on our business and its frustrating. We provide excellent benefits to attract the best employees in every class from driver, warehouse, office and sales support. We then must figure out how to compete with cheap labor form overseas. We have become more efficient and dropped out margins but its still a struggle daily.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This is great. I`m too young to know what I`m talking about??? Start talking about cutting entitlements and making people work to earn money and right away we`re starving senior citizens. Seriously? You have to know that`s not where I`m implying the abuses lie.
    I think you`re too young to understand what a functioning economy looks like. What we have now isn`t--where people who work at banks are part of the "financial industry"--wtf? Pushing money around isn`t an "industry", it doesn`t make anything except money for the pushers. Back before you remember, those condos you live in were probably a farm or a manufacturing plant, where people produced something of importance, like food or tools, where people could have worthwhile jobs and make a decent living and not be "takers". If you ask me the "takers" are the 1%-ers who "took" everyone`s jobs to Mexico or China.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    there is a massive amount of our population out there who are young healthy eaters who choose not to work.
    "Massive"...lolz. You accuse me of conflating welfare with retirement, so I`m accusing you of conflating a few bad apples with the rest of the bushel, and throwing in a racial subtext on top of it.

  6. #36
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    So in over an hour since my post, nobody arguing with me on my points.

    That means either I convinced everyone that I am correct, or people don`t want to argue with a fool....................................

    hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  7. #37
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    "Massive"...lolz. You accuse me of conflating welfare with retirement, so I`m accusing you of conflating a few bad apples with the rest of the bushel, and throwing in a racial subtext on top of it.
    Racial sub text ???

    One of the two of us need new glasses
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Now to comment on Swanic`s comment on we don`t manufacture anything, he is substantially correct. This shift was directly caused by giving China "most favorite trade" status.
    (blame Clinton or Nixon as you wish) Exacerbated by the fact that with our tax code we are not competitive.
    C`mon Ron, that`s a bunch of crap, there are no Chinese brands in the US--name one. It was the American executives that saw a way to finally screw the unions by having products made in China, and once enough companies did that, the remaining companies didn`t have any choice but to do the same. The Chinese didn`t do this to us, we did it to ourselves. What I`m saying is that whatever got opened up as far as trade status, no Chinese companies sent their products into our market, it was our companies that went to China to have their stuff made. It was a CHOICE that American companies made, and it was really the checkmate in the labor/union game.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Racial sub text ???

    One of the two of us need new glasses
    This isn`t the first time Swanic has complained about his customers--everything has a racial subtext, doesn`t it? We live in the post-racial country, but we seem to have an awful lot of problems with people that are a different religion or color or speak with a funny accent--we even have a lot of problems with people that support different political parties, eh?

  10. #40
    AspiringProductSpecialist Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It was the American executives that saw a way to finally screw the unions by having products made in China, and once enough companies did that, the remaining companies didn`t have any choice but to do the same. The Chinese didn`t do this to us, we did it to ourselves. What I`m saying is that whatever got opened up as far as trade status, no Chinese companies sent their products into our market, it was our companies that went to China to have their stuff made. It was a CHOICE that American companies made, and it was really the checkmate in the labor/union game.
    Couldn`t agree more. This is the sad reality we brought onto ourselves.

  11. #41
    Swanicyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think you`re too young to understand what a functioning economy looks like. What we have now isn`t--where people who work at banks are part of the "financial industry"--wtf? Pushing money around isn`t an "industry", it doesn`t make anything except money for the pushers. Back before you remember, those condos you live in were probably a farm or a manufacturing plant, where people produced something of importance, like food or tools, where people could have worthwhile jobs and make a decent living and not be "takers". If you ask me the "takers" are the 1%-ers who "took" everyone`s jobs to Mexico or China.



    "Massive"...lolz. You accuse me of conflating welfare with retirement, so I`m accusing you of conflating a few bad apples with the rest of the bushel, and throwing in a racial subtext on top of it.
    So your blaming banks and the government for getting us in the state we are now, with entitlements running rampant? Totally disagree. Years ago people would knock themselves out trying to find work so they didn`t have to take a hand out. Just because someone wants to pay you a meager wage to sit and do nothing, doesn`t mean you have to take it.

    This has to be the easiest country in the world to live & prosper in. There are like a zillion and one ways to make a living. People just have to have the mindset to do *something* besides sit home and say "poor me". Someone who sits around and blames the banks, government, a changing global economy, or "the man" because they`re poor is just a loser. Unfortunately, IMHO this mindset is becoming ever more prevalent - and it`s not just a FEW bad apples. It`s millions of them.

    As for a "racial overtone", that`s a complete bunch of crap. There is no racial overtone here. IMHO, the real Americans are the ones who come here from squat box countries, regardless of what country it is, and struggle and fight to make something of themselves.

    Have you looked at our universities? Technical and professional programs are filled with people born in other lands. These people come here with nothing, but somehow manage to educate themselves and succeed. Good for them.

  12. #42
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    C`mon Ron, that`s a bunch of crap, there are no Chinese brands in the US--name one. It was the American executives that saw a way to finally screw the unions by having products made in China, and once enough companies did that, the remaining companies didn`t have any choice but to do the same. The Chinese didn`t do this to us, we did it to ourselves. What I`m saying is that whatever got opened up as far as trade status, no Chinese companies sent their products into our market, it was our companies that went to China to have their stuff made. It was a CHOICE that American companies made, and it was really the checkmate in the labor/union game.
    I will argue this to my grave.

    It`s the American public that did that by not wanting to pay the higher price for American labor/products. How many people would pay more for and identical product?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  13. #43
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    This isn`t the first time Swanic has complained about his customers--everything has a racial subtext, doesn`t it? We live in the post-racial country, but we seem to have an awful lot of problems with people that are a different religion or color or speak with a funny accent--we even have a lot of problems with people that support different political parties, eh?
    I saw no racial sub text there, none.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  14. #44
    Detailing Gnosis Bunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    8,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    It`s the American public that did that by not wanting to pay the higher price for American labor/products. How many people would pay more for and identical product?
    I think this has been said. We are doing it to ourselves. If one company goes to the far east for lower costs then others will follow. Globalization in the last 20 years makes it very easy. This is an aspect (optional) companies did not have previously.

    What you have is a consumer often with no or lower paying job complaining about taxes, low paying jobs, blaming the government, and anyone else they can blame when in fact the consumer was also involved in their own fate.

    Al
    The Need to Bead

    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trueisms

    I`m gonna make a few quick points.

    Government is spending/managing the peoples money. They cannot create wealth, they only redistribute it. With that said in many ways for the good of all. Examples of course are road projects, military for defense, etc, etc. But my point is what they spend was taken via taxes, etc.

    Corporations, and I will throw in the disclaimer "for the most part" spend, invest, shelter assets for theirs and their stockholders best interest. As long as they do it within the laws established by the government why are they so crucified for making a profit? If corporations get their profits illegally or at the hands of big government thru politicians etc giving immoral government kickbacks of the peoples money then I take exception. Otherwise why should a corporation be condemned and criticized for making and protecting their profits.

    I just wish the government would protect "OUR" money as well as corps protect theirs.

    And with that said, I respect everyone`s opinion, their right to say it, and I do not question that everyone`s heart is in the right place.
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd, Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

 

 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •