Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Trump 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 04accord View Post
    You dont care if ``` marriage is illegal?
    No.

Don`t care much either way.

And, for the record....

I don`t care if abortion is legal.

And, I don`t care if marijuana is legal.

Reason being, is, quite frankly - I`m not going to be engaging in a GĀ marriage, smoking dope, and my GF isn`t having an abortion.

Sorry,
    None of these things are happening to me...

Honestly, my guess is the majority of Americans are not doing these things, and don`t care much either way... It may not be popular to admit it, but I couldn`t care less.

Prolly why Trump one the election..... Silent majority....
    Likes House of Wax, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trump 2016

I care more about labeling GMO`s and or stopping the use of glyphosate more then all those issues as well.
    Likes House of Wax, ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Trump won big with white voters with no advanced education. I`m not saying anyone here is uneducated, just stating a fact. Also won 53% of white women. I understand the white male thing, living in the Deep South where plant closings and job loss is the norm (and the don`t take my gun thing). Breitbart/White Supremacy/White Identity is a real thing in rural areas and people around here gripe about not being able to fly the Confederate Battle Flag and having every other street renamed Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. But Trump`s win with women surprised me. I`ve heard several different explanations for the white female vote, but none of them really add up. Both sides promised to take care of Veterans (lol) so it really didn`t matter who won to me. The Democrat President had 8 years to help Veterans and it really never got better. What we need is a good old fashioned war to help Veterans and jump start the economy. Maybe we can start a war with Mexico, then we wouldn`t need a silly wall.
    Likes 04accord liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Trump won big with white voters with no advanced education.
    That`s what the Polls stated, and we all know how accurate the polls are.
    auto detailing arroyo grande
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m always amused at people distinguishing between "educated" voters. I`ve known some REALLY stupid people that have college diplomas and if you pay attention to what`s going on college campuses across America, I`m not so sure a diploma is necessarily a hard benchmark of intelligence
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes PRND[S], trashmanssd, grisby liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not like all dem super educated people who believe the earth is getting warming because of something we are doing , those guys have everything all figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I`m always amused at people distinguishing between "educated" voters. I`ve known some REALLY stupid people that have college diplomas and if you pay attention to what`s going on college campuses across America, I`m not so sure a diploma is necessarily a hard benchmark of intelligence
    I always considered common sense as the rule over diploma`s.

Dave
    Likes House of Wax, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I always considered common sense as the rule over diploma`s.

Dave
    Amen brother.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks davidc, trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Common sense and education don`t necessarily go hand in hand. But try to discuss the Electoral College with someone that doesn`t understand the words Electoral or College. It really shouldn`t take an advanced degree to understand the process for electing a president. But every 4 freaking years it must be explained again. The popular vote should be the way to elect all "elected" officials. Try telling people their vote counts, then say "gotcha", the Electoral College overrides the voters wishes. My wife is from Honduras, one of the most corrupt places on Earth, and when I did my best to explain the Electoral College she just stared at me with disbelief. She went on to question why the Electoral College was in place, my best answer is that the framers of the Constitution did not trust direct Democracy. I got a huge laugh out of the look on her face.
    Likes 04accord liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I work with PHDs at the college I work at. Most can`t tie their shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Common sense and education don`t necessarily go hand in hand. But try to discuss the Electoral College with someone that doesn`t understand the words Electoral or College. It really shouldn`t take an advanced degree to understand the process for electing a president. But every 4 freaking years it must be explained again. The popular vote should be the way to elect all "elected" officials. Try telling people their vote counts, then say "gotcha", the Electoral College overrides the voters wishes. My wife is from Honduras, one of the most corrupt places on Earth, and when I did my best to explain the Electoral College she just stared at me with disbelief. She went on to question why the Electoral College was in place, my best answer is that the framers of the Constitution did not trust direct Democracy. I got a huge laugh out of the look on her face.
    I`m sure everyone in middle America and the South would love being governed by the ruling class in New York and California.
    Likes Fast Eddie liked this post
    Thanks Fast Eddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    That`s what the Polls stated, and we all know how accurate the polls are.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riORrTYQrdU Not that this is all trump supporters but.. I feel like this is worth sharing
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    No.

Don`t care much either way.

And, for the record....

I don`t care if abortion is legal.

And, I don`t care if marijuana is legal.

Reason being, is, quite frankly - I`m not going to be engaging in a GĀ marriage, smoking dope, and my GF isn`t having an abortion.

Sorry,
    None of these things are happening to me...

Honestly, my guess is the majority of Americans are not doing these things, and don`t care much either way... It may not be popular to admit it, but I couldn`t care less.

Prolly why Trump one the election..... Silent majority....
    Well I believe in basic civil liberties.. such as someone being able to legally marry someone that they love even if they are the same sex.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure everyone in middle America and the South would love being governed by the ruling class in New York and California.
    Well said, and thankfully, we have the Electoral College to protect us from that.

One of my friends forced me to watch this the other day, made it through 30 sec. or so and couldn`t take any more, and then started to read some of the comments,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gwv648ijSA

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure what you mean? Both Trump`s and Clinton`s home state was New York. For the record Rudy Giuliani is a nut. I heard Trump want to commute to New York to work as Pres. Not sure how much truth to put in to the rumor. Heard it on The Tonight Show.

I`m old enough to remember segregation. And for the record the Blacks in my town were not happy about giving up their all Black schools. They were forced into segregation just as much as Whites were. In the long run it was a good thing, but people like to think all Blacks were for segregation and all Whites were against it, it was not that cut and dried. Like everything there are shades of gray.

That video of that kid spouting off about Zionists and David Duke makes me ill. He is one of those alt-right nuts. He listens to too much talk radio (showing my age). Before this election I thought we had drove out most of the KKKers. I guess they were hiding in the Republican Party waiting for the right candidate.

Right now joblessness rates are at all time lows, interest rates are low, crime is down, and gas prices are reasonable. It has taken 8 years of work to get to this point. Everything is not perfect and never will be. I`m waiting to see how Trump does or if it will take 8 more years after Trump to make America this great again. Only time will tell.

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread Information