Thread: Sleeping aids

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sleeping aids

So anyone here take sleeping aids? I took ambien for the first time last night and i got to say it was the worst nights sleep i`ve had since i started having sleeping problems. I felt like i was up every 45 minutes, i tossed and turned all night long, think i only got around 2 hours of actual sleep. But i don`t feel tired at all which is the wierd part of it. Just want to see if there are any other insomniacs in the city that take anything for it. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sleeping aids

I don`t take them alot, but last night at work I ran a batch of Preventitive Nutrition Natura Sleep tablets. I have tried them before and they work very well, they are an all natural supplement and they aren`t addictive. You can pick them up at GNC stores, personally I like the capsules better than the tablets though. We also run alot of Melatonin tablets, but they seem to give most people really freaky dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

alright, you caught me after a restless night and so I have something to say...

insomniac seems like a rather strong word, but ok. my sleeping patterns changed in my early to mid-twenties and have never changed back, but then I`ve never really slept very much. I`ve tried everything: otc remedies, holistic remedies, hormones and precursors (like melatonin), bio-feedback, hypnosis, eating patterns, physical activity patterns, drinking patterns, drugs. I still subscribe to newsletters from medical and non-medical oriented groups to stay appraised of any breakthrough treatment or approach. one would think I`d possess a wealth of useful information, but no. it doesn`t work out that way.

as far as drugs are concerned, ambien can be fairly effective to get you down but you can`t drink at all, otherwise you`ll vastly increase your chances of experiencing the textbook reaction that you had. at least that`s been my experience. still, it`s in my medicine cabinet. so are celebrex and valium (prescribed for various injuries, but extremely effective for sleep.) also, several items associated with non-traditional pain relief can help as well, but in spite of how this sounds, I don`t like to take drugs. I`ll take them when I haven`t slept well for quite some time.

as for home remedies that work for me... regular endorphin producing physical activity - endurance sports - assist in the long run, but it has to be a lifestyle. ever try warm cocoa? it really works, to a degree. this may sound strange, but prayer promotes sleep (yes, studies have been conducted and empirical evidence exists) best of luck with that.

Post edited to be less vulgar.
    It`s a healthy addiction. I can stop any time I want. No really.

Post Thanks / Like

I was given Ambien recently but fortunately have had to need for it. That and Oxycodone. Something about pills that have been abused by people really freaks me out. I`m sure even if I did need it, the fear of not being in control would stop me enough not to use it.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Check your PM`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    So anyone here take sleeping aids? I took ambien for the first time last night and i got to say it was the worst nights sleep i`ve had since i started having sleeping problems. I felt like i was up every 45 minutes, i tossed and turned all night long, think i only got around 2 hours of actual sleep. But i don`t feel tired at all which is the wierd part of it. Just want to see if there are any other insomniacs in the city that take anything for it. Any thoughts are welcomed.
    Mrs. Phideaux takes something called Calms Forte. It`s an herbal suppliment that she gets at Wal-Mart. It helps her sleep without knocking her out, so in the morning, she doesn`t feel sluggish like some other remedies can make you feel.

Have you ever thought about a sleep study? My doc sent me to one last year and they hooked me up with a CPAP machine. It`s a machine that helps assist you in breathing. It took a few nights to get used to having a mask on, but now I sleep like a rock from the minute I hit the pillow until the alarm goes off, and I wake up feeling rested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phideaux
    Mrs. Phideaux takes something called Calms Forte. It`s an herbal suppliment that she gets at Wal-Mart. It helps her sleep without knocking her out, so in the morning, she doesn`t feel sluggish like some other remedies can make you feel.

Have you ever thought about a sleep study? My doc sent me to one last year and they hooked me up with a CPAP machine. It`s a machine that helps assist you in breathing. It took a few nights to get used to having a mask on, but now I sleep like a rock from the minute I hit the pillow until the alarm goes off, and I wake up feeling rested.
    Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnia (sp) ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnia (sp) ?
    Yes, I was. And i didn`t even know anything was going on until I had the study done. All I knew was that I wasn`t getting good sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife works for North Bay Sleep Institute in Santa Rosa CA they do all those sleep studies...Allot of people have sleep problem
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Normally I sleep very well, but if I am nervous about the next day`s activities, I`ve taken melatonin. I`ve gotta take it about 1 or 2 hours before bed, or else I feel sluggish the next morning. I did just have deviated septum surgery to cut down on some breathing and sinus issues. I`m 32 and I was told it would only get worse as I got older, so I went ahead and went under the knife.

Stephen

Thread Information