Post Thanks / Like

Wheels and Tires Dialed in........................

I did not have time to do the whole Jeep this weekend so I decided to tackle the wheels and tires.

Dry tires spot cleaned with Tarminator to remove grease pen marks. Worked reasonably well but not perfectly.
    Tires were cleaned with TAW
    Scrubbed with a stiff brush and rinsed
    Wheels were cleaned with SOnax FE
    Tools used were :

Wheel Wollies all sizes
    MF wash pad for faces
    Uber wheel brush for lugs

Wheels were rinsed and dried with 4HP MetroVac Blower

Micro Marring on Wheels were polished with :
    GG 3" and a mint uber pad and M205

Wheels were wiped down with 15% IPA and Distilled Water.

LSP`s
    Gyeon Tire on Tires
    Optimum GLoss Coat on Wheels

Before Clean Up

Final Result after Polishing and 2 coats of Gyeon Tire and 2 costs of Gloss Coat

Observations:

The GG 3" Machine is not a very effective polisher and it took me a ton of time to get the slightest Micro Marring out. I tried the larger GG with 5.5 pads but I was too big. I did some tight spot by hand and I can assure you, its no fun at all. Need to find a better solution. I have never polished wheels before. But it made a big difference on the black painted areas. Tape was used to keep from marring the side of the wheel (90 degree) with the side of the pad while polishing. Polishing of the wheels took me a very, very, very long time. I wish there was a factory option for all silver wheels, the black is a PITA and I am super glad I did not order the all black version of these wheels for sure. I think it paid off, because the wheels really pop now. Not sure if you can see it in the pictures but in person, its a noticeable improvement.

Gloss Coat is very easy to use, much easier than OC 2.0.

Gyeon Tire smells like candy and spreads easily. A little goes a long way. I usually knock down the 2nd coat with a MF to remove some gloss but the Gyeon tire has a nice silky, matte shine that I liked so I left is alone. I have been using GTECH T1 and I will let you know about durability in a week or so.

My hats off to the pro`s who knock out full cars day after day. I am toast after a day of wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheels and Tires Dialed in........................

Don`t know much about Gyeon. But is their tire dressing a coating or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    Don`t know much about Gyeon. But is their tire dressing a coating or something else?
    ^ Wondering the same^

Found it.......

Gyeon Q2 Tire is a uniquely formulated SiO2 tyre dressing that unlike most tyre dressings, it embeds to the tyre’s surface and actually bonds to the rubber at a molecular level. This allows a more uniform finish, and minimises the risk of sling onto the car and will repel dirt and water.

Q2 Tire Gel will leave your tyres with a true deep semi-gloss finish that is not only offers UV protection but is also extremely durable; in fact results show up to a month or 5 washes before reapplication was required.

For best results:

Ensure tyres are cleaned thoroughly and dry before application. Use a small amount of Q2 Tire on a soft foam tyre applicator, and apply gently and evenly over your tyres. For a glossier finish, apply second coat within 10 minutes.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it claims to have coating properties, that was the attraction for me. I am a max durability and always looking to reduce maintenance while still getting the look I am after.

I try almost everything I can somewhat verify is better than my current goto product. I really only listen to guys on this board that I respect, and it has not failed me yet.

Heavy Duty Detailing Brain trust at AF! Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    ^ Wondering the same^

Found it.......

Gyeon Q2 Tire is a uniquely formulated SiO2 tyre dressing that unlike most tyre dressings, it embeds to the tyre’s surface and actually bonds to the rubber at a molecular level. This allows a more uniform finish, and minimises the risk of sling onto the car and will repel dirt and water.

Q2 Tire Gel will leave your tyres with a true deep semi-gloss finish that is not only offers UV protection but is also extremely durable; in fact results show up to a month or 5 washes before reapplication was required.

For best results:

Ensure tyres are cleaned thoroughly and dry before application. Use a small amount of Q2 Tire on a soft foam tyre applicator, and apply gently and evenly over your tyres. For a glossier finish, apply second coat within 10 minutes.

Thread Information