Thread: mn cars&coffee

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t go to a lot of carshows as of the past few years because I`m usually at the track instead. this morning though, I headed over to check it out. As usual there was a helathy spattering of exotica and generally nice cars.

However, I was absolutely floored at the condition of some of these cars. Out of about a dozen lambos, for example, there were two with paint I thought looked "good". Not perfect, but better than average. About as good as my bonneville. There was a maserati gran tourismo that looked about as bad as any car in the walmart parking lot.

So the point of my rambling is that I can`t understand how someone can pop for an aventador and drive it around with holograms and swirls all over it. I`m not the one to correct these cars, but I wish I could at least point the owners in the right direction. Perhaps eventually ill have the experience to take on this type of work but for now I guess ill just have to stare in disbelief.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually start up a conversation with the owner if they are standing proud around their rides and wait until they mention something about them and wanting to get rid of the swirls/rids/etc then offer up some advice and hopes that they want me(or even somebody) to help them get the finish back up to better than factory clarity. I try not to offer advice w/o some sort of mention because 90% of owners that have the $ to buy these cars and show them can be ridiculously reactive if you start pointing fingers at how they messed up their paint jobs. I have come to the conclusion, the more $ they spend on the car = the more reactive they tend to get. I love pulling up to these shows and seeing a sparkling mint daily drivers.

Thread Information