Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Texas A&M Commencement Address – The students gave a standing ovation; the faculty were deathly silent! The Ghostfighters

Neal Boortz is a very political and controversial radio spokesmen here in Atlanta. I know a LOT of people do not like him, but it never changes the facts and idea behind what he says. Its a very long read, but what is peoples point of view on this. He is over 100% correct about everything in his speech.

Post Thanks / Like
    The faculty spent four yrs filling the students heads full of mush and in one speech Neal tells them the straight skinney. His book on the Fair Tax is also a great read.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder who he thinks is going to come protect him when someone steals his identity and wipes out his bank accounts.

People will always protect their own interests. Those who have money will always seek to keep as much as they can while those without will seek to gain as much as they can, yet it is not all so black and white.

I`ll stop there to avoid a political debate on a detailing forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod66paul
    The faculty spent four yrs filling the students heads full of mush and in one speech Neal tells them the straight skinney. His book on the Fair Tax is also a great read.

Agreed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    I wonder who he thinks is going to come protect him when someone steals his identity and wipes out his bank accounts.

People will always protect their own interests. Those who have money will always seek to keep as much as they can while those without will seek to gain as much as they can, yet it is not all so black and white.

I`ll stop there to avoid a political debate on a detailing forum.

....I think you might have COMPLETELY missed what he was saying. The world is just that black and white....

"You have heard, no doubt, that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Interestingly enough, our government’s own numbers show that many of the poor actually get richer, and that quite a few of the rich actually get poorer. But for the rich who do actually get richer, and the poor who remain poor .. there’s an explanation — a reason. The rich, you see, keep doing the things that make them rich; while the poor keep doing the things that make them poor."

This line I know for a FACT is spot on. I have even had, what I consider my best customer, tell me something along these lines months back. While I was cleaning up his Ford GT so that it could go back too sitting in the garage we were talking business and politics because this guy came from nothing to be very wealthy. When we were talking about raising taxes on the rich, he said and I quote...

"People do not understand this. If they raise my taxes, I wont lose anything. I will walk into my accounting department of 15 people, fire someone and tell the remaining 14 that I expect everyone to take the extra work load from the 15th person."

Rich people are rich for a reason...because they know how to obtain wealth. So if you take some wealth away, they know ways to get it back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachNU
    "People do not understand this. If they raise my taxes, I wont lose anything. I will walk into my accounting department of 15 people, fire someone and tell the remaining 14 that I expect everyone to take the extra work load from the 15th person."

But the theory that giving them a tax break will cause them to hire 5 more people is WRONG! They will simply buy another vacation home. And we wonder why there is such disdain from one side toward the other?

“Be nice to people on your way up becuase you meet them on your way down”

― Jimmy Durante

Post Thanks / Like
    But the theory that giving them a tax break will cause them to hire 5 more people is WRONG! They will simply buy another vacation home. And we wonder why there is such disdain from one side toward the other?

― Jimmy Durante

Again, if you talk to most business owners that would be wrong. You are not specifically giving them a tax break, but their business. If you give them a break to where they can expand and hire. By expanding they increase there overall revenue, which would also add to your bottom line of employee salary. Most of the more wealthy business owners that I know would say they would rather hire a few people if it increased there overall revenue. Of course they are not going to get a break and hire someone for the hell of it. Would have completely defeated the point. But it still would not change the fact that taxing the rich only increases unemployment.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is definitely a difference, though, between a private business owner who employs 15-20 people vs. corporations that employ hundreds of thousands and lay them off at hundreds or thousands at a time.

But you hit on exactly what fuels the 99%. The wealthy win or they win.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

― Jimmy Durante

I bet a carpenter or plumber may argue the point about buying a vacation home not employing people.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Post Thanks / Like
    When the rich buy another home or car or whatever , someone has to produce that item thus putting people to work. If the rich paid more taxes then uncle sugar would just hand out more entitlements.I never did have a poor man hire me or offer me a job.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread
    I bet a carpenter or plumber may argue the point about buying a vacation home not employing people.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod66paul
    When the rich buy another home or car or whatever , someone has to produce that item thus putting people to work. If the rich paid more taxes then uncle sugar would just hand out more entitlements.I never did have a poor man hire me or offer me a job.

Damn...two very good ways to think of it. Vacations homes are the one thing you cannot buy with "Made In China"

Post Thanks / Like

And the person with a college degree working at McDonald`s is technically employed too. That carpenter or plumber would rather have 20% of the population buying homes rather than 5%. Don`t forget that construction work has seen one of the largest hits due to the economic crash. Sure. For those still hanging on to their jobs in those industries they are happy to have that business. But for each of those there are others who lost their jobs a few years ago and are possibly still seeking work.

The economy has actually helped my business. Those who had to budget for my service and shopped for price have fallen away leaving primarily those who place quality over price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.I have read that book and I am in sync with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tax breaks for the rich are the way to go. Why should some rich guy paying tons of taxes subsidize some section 8 welfare queen with two flat screens and Coach purse who does not want to work for a living.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is hiring anyone as long as there are no customers. If supply side economics worked for working people we`d all have great jobs, own our own homes, be debt free.

The Free Market rests on a foundation of public infrastructure, including a public market.

Do you know what the top tax rate was in 1959? Do you know how the interstate highway system and other public infrastructure, including putting the WWII vets through school on the GI Bill was funded? How we paid off the cost of WWII? The ideas being embraced by Neal Boortz are in effect in Mississippi and Alabama. Go there and see how that`s working out. Better yet, open a business there.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    My commencement speech | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

Nealz Nuze

Posted: 8:27 a.m. Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My commencement speech

By Neal Boortz

It usually happens around this time of year. My commencement speech makes the rounds on various blogs and threads. I must humbly inform many of you that despite your positive reaction to the speech, I have never actually been asked to deliver it to a graduating class --- neither middle school, high school or college. This is the most popular commencement speech in the history of education never to be delivered at an actual graduation.

Here’s the history:

Many years ago --- I’m guessing around 1995 --- I started to get really pissed off about the fact that I had never been invited to deliver a commencement speech. That particular year Kermit the Frog was actually invited to deliver a speech .. and I felt slighted. So, I sat down and in about 30 minutes pounded out my own commencement speech. This, I said, is the speech that I would deliver if anyone ever invited me; but since nobody was about to invite me here it is and you can read it for yourself. About six months later I expanded the speech and some talk radio stories to be included in a book titled “The Commencement Speech” published by Longstreet Press.

The speech was actually delivered one time .. but not at a commencement. A few years ago we filled up an auditorium at Kennesaw State College to give me the chance to don a robe and just … pretend. We made a video of the presentation which you can see here. And for those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, just read this. Go for it. I dare you.

Now I really have no idea how the story got started that I actually delivered this speech at a commencement ceremony at my Alma Mater, Texas A&M. They’re probably very tired of fending off that rumor in Aggieland. I can tell you that about three or four years ago I had a conversation with Dr. Elsa Murano, then the president of A&M, and she brought up the speech. I told her I had no idea how that rumor got started, and apologized. She then said that maybe it WAS time for me to deliver the speech at an A&M graduation. She didn’t last long enough as president to extend the formal invitation though.

So, for now, the Neal Boortz Commencement Speech will just have to be know as the most popular commencement speech never delivered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information