so my gf and i live in an apartment with a very small 2 car garage. we both have big cars and it is a little frightening parking sometimes. i bought this cardboard cylinder at lowes for $10 that is about 4` tall. i put it in the center of the garage near the door. we use it as a guide and pull up close to it knowing we won`t hit the wall on the other side.

i have bumped this thing a couple of times. i knocked it over once with my rear view mirror and another time just caused it to rock back and forth a bit. it`s pretty flimsy and tips over easily, but the cardboard is semi-hard. it has some give but is more solid than a cardboard box. i`m wondering if this could in any way dent my car by bumping into it or by it tipping over on my car?

i haven`t seen any signs of damage the two times i bumped it, but if it could cause damaging, i`d rather remove it now while i`m ahead. i just don`t know what to get as an alternative. i thought about a traffic cone, but i`m sure that could put some marks on the car too. btw both parts of the car that bumped it have a clear bra on them.