Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Grease cures all, these things are straight magic on a hangover:

Breakfast burger

Post Thanks / Like
    Drinking is one of those things where you really gotta go about it the right way for things to turn out OK.

Besides the stuff that I`d consider obvious, perhaps the biggest thing for me is fishoil supplementation. The first real benefit I noticed from it was when I realized that I wasn`t getting hangovers any more.

Post Thanks / Like
    fish oil for hangovers? Are you eating lots of smelts for bar snacks? Is this like a Korean bar where they give you dried fish (anchovies?) snacks with your drink? Please share your scandinavian / finlandian cure all! lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    bigltc- Heh heh, nah...I take the same dose of fishoil supplements (12-14 1gram capsules) daily, whether drinking or not; the hangover prevention is just a (most appreciated!) side effect. I figure it`s the anti-inflamatory effect manifesting itself in a way that I can actually notice in a kinda dramatic way.

Post Thanks / Like
    What, nobody likes my burger??? It has plenty of oil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan-Heh heh....I can`t help but think that eating one of those might give me worse problems than a hangover!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...I won`t be a tie breaker between you two. I like greasy burgers and fish. Did you guys see the today show last week? The chef was making hamburgers stuffed with sticks of butter! Now that must be some delicious heart attack goodness!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigltc
    Did you guys see the today show last week? The chef was making hamburgers stuffed with sticks of butter! Now that must be some delicious heart attack goodness!

I too like some stuff that`s not healthy fare, but sheesh...IMO eating something like that is an intelligence test

What was the idea behind doing that? Making some cheap ground beef tastier or something? I mean, the best burgers I`ve ever had weren`t dripping with grease or anything like that, they were just made with *really* good beef and cooked by a really good chef.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Ill second that and when I grill my own burgers I always use chopped sirloin. Mmmm.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Grease cures all, these things are straight magic on a hangover:

Breakfast burger

LOL, thats what I had for breakfast on the 1st. Didn`t cure the headache, but it stopped the nausea. :nervous:
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with you, Mr. Accumulator. It is anti-intuitive for chefs to start putting sticks of butter in hamburgers and steaks. It flatly goes against everything thats been learned about nutrition for the last 30 years.

Now. Tell me about this `Hangover Pill` available at your pharmacy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Dan-Heh heh....I can`t help but think that eating one of those might give me worse problems than a hangover!

Oh, agreed, I _HATE_ processed foods, they are terrible, except for hangovers. I don`t think there is anything wrong with a good homemade hamburger, but the breakfast burger is an abomination. That said, it has worked miracles for me. One time I had a business trip in LA, we stayed out way too late having way too much fun. Everyone was near dead the next day, except for me, I forced a pitstop at Carl`s and grabbed one of those burgers and made a quick recovery. One guy ended up running out of the meeting to go call Earl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@Autopia
    LOL, thats what I had for breakfast on the 1st. Didn`t cure the headache, but it stopped the nausea. :nervous:

Oh, good point, I forgot the other 1/2, about 64oz of Coke (regular not diet). I don`t know what it is but diet drinks make my hangover worse. Sugary soda, preferably Coke is great for a headache.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    .. I forgot the other 1/2, about 64oz of Coke (regular not diet). I don`t know what it is but diet drinks make my hangover worse. Sugary soda, preferably Coke is great for a headache.

I bet the caffeine in it helps with headaches, did you ever notice whether a caffeine-free soda works the same way?

Heh heh, I suppose there`s so much...what?..."artificial stuff" I guess... in diet sodas that it`d be hard to say which ingredient makes things worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I haven`t tried just a regular sugary soda, and I really try to not get anywhere near that much alcohol anymore, just waste of a day. Someone else will have to be the guinea pig!

Thread Information