Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222359 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I`m having a pretty tasty brew which surprised me. It`s called Hazed & Infused, it`s an APA and only 4.8% ABV.

Post Thanks / Like
    My second offering for the day is a Deschutes Cider Cone, a very nice amber/red ale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just popped open a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone (homebrew), only been in the bottle for a few days. It`s tastes nothing like SNPA but its still darn good, it has a bit of an apple taste to it. Going to the beer store today, I might pick up some Grail Ale and Arrogant ******* to enjoy tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure you will like the AB, real big taste, enjoy. Maybe someday I might try the homebrewing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the AB many times it`s one of my favs. One of the local pubs has it on tap every once in awhile. The stuff is sooooo good out of a clean, cool tap.

Home brewing is fun but it can be a bit frustrating. The reason I opened the SNPA clone is because my friend messed up the priming sugar (for carbonation), he used 2x the amount. If we didn`t re bottle and vent them, I might have had a small beer explosion in my basement :p .

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

If you`re gonna talk about beer, you need to also talk about things that go well with beer... like a plate of sausages!

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to brew but have no predictable schedule or time in recent years. my buddy and I perfected half a dozen or so whole grain recipes. it takes quite a bit of desire, passion, patience, practice. and of course a good source of fresh grains and hops and yeast. also a degree of time and a healthy thirst.

DavidB`s comment reminds me of a slogan I saw a long while back on a six pack that struck me as funny enough to buy it. don`t remember which flavor or brewery, but on the handle was printed:

"Perfect with any meal. Heck, it`s perfect As a meal"

I still espouse that truth from time to time.
    It`s a healthy addiction. I can stop any time I want. No really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duvel eh. I see that all the time in Spec`s down here in Houston, but I`ve never known anyone to actually drink it. What is it comparable to?
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    John,

If you`re gonna talk about beer, you need to also talk about things that go well with beer... like a plate of sausages!

db

I do, at least steak`s, and brat`s. I can have beer with just about anything now adays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Duvel eh. I see that all the time in Spec`s down here in Houston, but I`ve never known anyone to actually drink it. What is it comparable to?

Well, Duvel is a Belgium Stong Pale Ale, has a huge head, citrusy, yeasty, spicy. Also I think it has too much carbonation, sometimes it does not agree with me. Other`s of the style would be: Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Poperings Hommel Ale, Yeti, Unibroue Don de Dieu, to name a few. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    The description John Gave, is dead on for the small bottles, the 4 pack as they sell it.

The larger bottles are not the same, I never knew until I read it on a beer forum, tried them side by side and wow they are really different.

Larger has a lot less carbonation, not as spicy, but what head, god what head, who doesn`t love head.

Having a few right now, mixing the two in fact....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Well, Duvel is a Belgium Stong Pale Ale, has a huge head, citrusy, yeasty, spicy. Also I think it has too much carbonation, sometimes it does not agree with me. Other`s of the style would be: Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Poperings Hommel Ale, Yeti, Unibroue Don de Dieu, to name a few. Hope this helps.

This absolutely rules it out for me then. I can`t stand Belgian ales. I don`t like the spicy aspect. Just don`t sit well with me for some reason.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    This absolutely rules it out for me then. I can`t stand Belgian ales. I don`t like the spicy aspect. Just don`t sit well with me for some reason.

Just don`t go by what I say, try it for yourself to be sure. Belgium Strong Dark Ales are totally different, sweet, kinda malty, a little bit of tangyness. You really have to taste brews to get the real flavor, some you will like and some you will not. I`ve read many reviews on beers some dead on, some totally different, but I still tried them for myself to see if I would like them or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    After a quick detail of the X and watching the lauch of the space shuttle I`m having a Unibroue 2005 Edition (750ml). This is a Belgium Strong Dark Ale, clocks in at 10%, scents of malts, grapes, plums, yeast, slight citrus, the taste is tangy/sweet/malty and with a nice carbonated feel. Alcohol content hardly noticeable, a very tasty brew once again from Unibroue. This will go nicely with a steak and Jalapeno Brat, just for you DavidB. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with what John just said, I hate anything spicy, (except my girl) and I absolutely love Duvel. If I had read a review of it I may have never tried it.

Its hard to describe something like a taste.... I have never found any review of food or beverage to be of any value to me, you just have to try it. It may just become your favorite beer like it did for me.

I`m running out in a few minutes, after talking to some coworkers about Duvel last week, a few asked me to bring them some to try.

I of course, said sure, now I am standing here looking at my stash and my wife says I have the same look on my face as the day the hot water heater burst and she asked if I had any of those waffle weave towels around.... Nope, I cant find them.... use your towels while I go search for (Hide) Mine.

Try some!

If you hate Belgian Beers in general well thats just wrong, they are some of the best beers in the world. and at almost 9% Alcohol, damn satisfying.

Hit a big beer specialty store, buy one of 6 or so types, experiment, LIVE!

Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222359 ... LastLast

Thread Information