Post Thanks / Like
    I travel for work and I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers of where to eat, what to do in some of these places?

Mobile, Alabama

Michigan(not sure where in michigan...I want to say Grand Rapids?)

Mostly it`s just places to kill some time after work--most times I think we`ll be leaving the office around 7-8pm so mainly lunch/dinner places and maybe just hang out places? xD

Thanks guys.
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully I`m not too late for your trip. I live in Grand Rapids and I think you`ll have a great time. Here are a couple things I`d recommend.

Breakfast: Red Jet Cafe

Lunch: Rose`s on Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids, Marie Catrib`s in East Grand Rapids

Dinner: Blue Water Grill in Grand Rapids, 616 downtown at the JW Mariott, Watermark Country Club (public restaurant)

If you are looking for bars/nightlife anything on Ionia Street in downtown Grand Rapids will do. I really enjoy Gardell`a Pub and Hopcat, which has a huge selection of imported and microbrew beers. Be sure to check out the BOB too - they usually have live entertainment. Same for Mojos, the dueling piano bar downtown.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

PS - check out The Gilmore Collection - Locally Grown Restaurants in West Michigan for restaurants that are consistently good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergray

Breakfast: Red Jet Cafe

Lunch: Rose`s on Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids, Marie Catrib`s in East Grand Rapids

Dinner: Blue Water Grill in Grand Rapids, 616 downtown at the JW Mariott, Watermark Country Club (public restaurant)

If you are looking for bars/nightlife anything on Ionia Street in downtown Grand Rapids will do. I really enjoy Gardell`a Pub and Hopcat, which has a huge selection of imported and microbrew beers. Be sure to check out the BOB too - they usually have live entertainment. Same for Mojos, the dueling piano bar downtown.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

PS - check out The Gilmore Collection - Locally Grown Restaurants in West Michigan for restaurants that are consistently good.
    hehe thanks for the heads up! I`m in alabama next week and towards the end of next month. I`m not in Michigan untill the end of june so I have time =].

We`re going to be staying at the JW so I guess that works out for me.

and I`ve heard my co-workers mention "bob`n it" lol so it looks like we`ll be having a few blurry nights there xD.

I will most certainly check the other places out too! Thanks a ton for your input!
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mongolian BBQ is a must!!!! And they have one in GR.

bd`s Mongolian Grill
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent this week in detroit and I must say... I kind of like the fact that there are a ton of places to eat here..but anyone have any nice dinner recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Either Greektown or this place:

Welcome to Big Rock Chophouse

Do you like Middle Eastern food? Dearborn has the best Lebanese food outside of being in Lebannon.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many places in the Alabama but my favorite place is Mongolian BBQ...

Thread Information