Post Thanks / Like
    I have my Eclipse 54410 CD Player up for auction on eBay if anyone is interested! It comes with the optional remote as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...item=1338634841
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

HTTP Error 403
    403.2 Forbidden: Read Access Forbidden

This error can be caused if there is no default page available and directory browsing has not been enabled for the directory, or if you are trying to display an HTML page that resides in a directory marked for Execute or Script permissions only.

Please contact the Web server`s administrator if the problem persists.
    </blockquote>

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops thanks for pointing that out and thanks for posting a correct link William
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like

Business DBA & logo copyrights?

Well I couldn`t find the right spot to post this.

Is there any way I can keep my DBA name on lock down for me without having to get my business license under my DBA? I am changing my DBA seems to long.

Anyone knows how expensive and what do i need to do to copyright my logo??? I have no IDEA how to do this I google this a long time ago and was confusing.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife works for a law firm. I will find out for you.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here is my wife`s response.

"In pretty much all states, dba names are not protected, so anyone (or everyone) can register the same DBA name...it`s the name under which he was formed that is protected.

As for copyrighting, he`d need to deal with any attorney. It can be expensive to do."
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Okay, here is my wife`s response.

"In pretty much all states, dba names are not protected, so anyone (or everyone) can register the same DBA name...it`s the name under which he was formed that is protected.

As for copyrighting, he`d need to deal with any attorney. It can be expensive to do."
    So far I have been told the same thing for my DBA. So I am looking at the forming an LLC and operate my DBA under it.

What do you guys think?

Copyrighting can be done with any attorney?? I know a lawyer who is kind of friends with me and I dont know if he would be able to do it. Since he handles crimes cases. What do I do basically give him a call about copywriting my logo and take him a picture of it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutodetail View Post
    So far I have been told the same thing for my DBA. So I am looking at the forming an LLC and operate my DBA under it.

What do you guys think?

Copyrighting can be done with any attorney?? I know a lawyer who is kind of friends with me and I dont know if he would be able to do it. Since he handles crimes cases. What do I do basically give him a call about copywriting my logo and take him a picture of it??
    That is exactly what I do.
    My wife is a Paralegal, and she can form an LLC. I would think you need to go to a Copyright Attorney about the logo.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the difference between trademark and copyright?

I am assuming I would be better of copyrighting my slogan and logo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutodetail View Post
    Whats the difference between trademark and copyright?

I am assuming I would be better of copyrighting my slogan and logo?
    You need a trademark. I`ll paste some info here and visit the links at the end.

Regards,
    GEWB

How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?
    Copyright protects original works of authorship, while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Ideas and discoveries are not protected by the copyright law, although the way in which they are expressed may be. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.

Can I copyright the name of my band?
    No. Names are not protected by copyright law. Some names may be protected under trademark law. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information.

How do I copyright a name, title, slogan or logo?
    Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases. In some cases, these things may be protected as trademarks. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information. However, copyright protection may be available for logo artwork that contains sufficient authorship. In some circumstances, an artistic logo may also be protected as a trademark.

Copyright Cost: $35

Some trademark info:

http://www.brighternaming.com/9steps_reg_tm.html

(I think you would be class 37)

Trademark Process

What is a trademark or service mark?

In short, a trademark is a brand name. A trademark includes any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. A service mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce, to identify and distinguish the services of one provider from services provided by others, and to indicate the source of the services.

Must all marks be registered? No, but federal registration has several advantages, including a notice to the public of the registrant`s claim of ownership of the mark, a legal presumption of ownership nationwide, and the exclusive right to use the mark on or in connection with the goods or services set forth in the registration.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/index.jsp

Trademark cost (I`m guessing): $325

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys a lot of good information here. I currently started my business plan today.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Post Thanks / Like

logo copyright

Fpr a logo design you would actual Trademark it not copyright it. You can go to the governments site for this (google registering trademark and it will come up) It will probably run you approx $300-$400 this way on your own. The benefit of paying an attorney is they will file it for you, take care of the response for you etc. That should be approx $1,200 - $1,500

First they do a search, which take a while and then it goes into the trademark process.

You can do a search on that site to see if there is the same and/or similar name to what you are trademarking.

If nothing comes up the same or similar you can put the TM next to your name/logo (trademark) while you`re submitting your info. DO NOT put the circle R next to the logo/name unitl it is actually "registered"

hope that helps

john
    Johnny Caretaker
    The Fine Art of Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycaretaker View Post
    Fpr a logo design you would actual Trademark it not copyright it. You can go to the governments site for this (google registering trademark and it will come up) It will probably run you approx $300-$400 this way on your own. The benefit of paying an attorney is they will file it for you, take care of the response for you etc. That should be approx $1,200 - $1,500

First they do a search, which take a while and then it goes into the trademark process.

You can do a search on that site to see if there is the same and/or similar name to what you are trademarking.

If nothing comes up the same or similar you can put the TM next to your name/logo (trademark) while you`re submitting your info. DO NOT put the circle R next to the logo/name unitl it is actually "registered"

hope that helps

john
    Getting an attorney is to much. But it also sounds like I can do it myself. My logo is my avatar picture. You think I can pull it off? I never done this before.

Thread Information