Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother ****ing drunk blew through a light and hit my Maxima hard on the passenger side, just missed hitting the passenger door where my son Chris was sitting. Then the ****er tried to drive away until I got his driver`s door open. He apparently miserably failed a field sobriety test and Arlington DWI Enforcement arrested him.

Scared the hell out of me feeling the impact, the explosion of the airbags and most importantly, seeing him hit the car where my son was sitting. It took a lot of self control to not start beating the snot out of the pile of crap. How damn drunk do you have to be to have to drive over a curb to get around the car stopped at a light so you can run it? Wasn`t like he went through just after it changed, I had a green light the whole time I was approaching the light from a quarter mile back.

Daylight shots:

Roof is buckled, center console was knocked out of alignment, front upper strut bar all bent up. Car still starts, sounds fine, no fluids leaking.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I`ve never seen a front end collision that was so bad it buckled the roof. Glad everyone was fine. Well, except the drunk driver, I couldn`t care less what happens to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Wow, I`ve never seen a front end collision that was so bad it buckled the roof. Glad everyone was fine. Well, except the drunk driver, I couldn`t care less what happens to him.

7500 pounds of Ford Super Duty can inflict a lot of damage apparently.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    scott, glad you and your son are okay. that SOB needs to spend some time in jail and pay a HUGE fine (get people in the pocket where it hurts). if there`s a few things that i have no patience for it`s drunk drivers, and people who talk and/or text while driving...

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your son is fine. I once knew someone who was in the same seat as your son and wasn`t this lucky. She was only 17. I hate alcohol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the vehicle that hit you been lower, the damage would have been much worse. Your self control is admirable. Glad to know you and your son were able to walk away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy sh!t that doesn`t look good. Is it totaled? It sure looks like it. Not that it really matters, the only thing thats important is that you and your son are alright.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear Scott.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you and your boy are ok scott. Some f@#$ tards amaze me. The car can be fixed. Your lives can`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you and your boy are alright Scott. Hope the guy gets what he deserves too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear that you and your son are alright. On a side note, the paint still looks good, in the non-crumpled areas :-)

So what`s the next ScottWax mobile?

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn Scott, just glad you and your son are ok. g/l getting everything sorted out and hopefully your insurance works nicely with you in getting this mess take care of so you can move on.

Keep us posted
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax- Yeah, glad neither you nor your son were injured. Thanks for posting the pics, they sure speak for themselves! Looks like the Nissan did a good job of protecting the two of you. Now what`re you gonna replace it with?

Heh heh, I must say I got a kick out of:
    ....****er tried to drive away until I got his driver`s door open.
    Props Re your self-control :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcHarris
    Damn Scott, just glad you and your son are ok. g/l getting everything sorted out and hopefully your insurance works nicely with you in getting this mess take care of so you can move on.

Keep us posted

+1. I`ve lost quite a few friends to that sort of BS and it`s always good to hear that everyone`s fine after such a close all.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate everyone`s kind words and concern. My chest still hurts (most likely from the seatbelt cinching up), the bruise and abrasion on my right forearm from the airbag seems to be healing up, not sure why my left bicep/tricep is so sore though. My son`s knee is a bit sore and his neck is really bothering him still. We ended up contacting a customer of mine who owns a law firm (actually several) who set us up with the doctor who took x-rays to make sure neither of us has any serious injuries, will know more this afternoon when they get the results back.

Still don`t have a rental from the other guy`s insurance despite how obviously cut and dried this accident was so I got my insurance involved to see if they can put some pressure on them to speed things up. I hate dealing with this crap, 3rd time since 2006 and none of the accidents were my fault.

As badly as my car is damaged, even if it could be fixed I wouldn`t want it back. To buckle the roof like that from a front end hit means my car was hit really hard and has significant structural damage. Amazingly, it still starts and sounds normal and no fluids are leaking. Can`t get the hood open to see how close the strut tower is to the timing cover. Glad to see even with the hard hit there was no intrusion into the passenger compartment.

I am considering another Maxima, maybe a 2003 with a 6 speed and a lot less than the 194k miles mine had! Also thinking about a 7th gen V6 Accord. No point buying a new car when I average more than 25,000 miles a year. No interest in a truck, especially since the price of oil is going up. Plus trucks take longer to wash, polish and wax.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information