Thread: PPF prices?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you guys paying for Paint Protection Film install? I want to get it done on my new car that I`m getting and the one quote I got so far is close to $700.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on car and the kit wanted. But that seems fair for full front frotection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the market, quality of film used, and the type of install--obviously the parts that you want covered (amout of film used).

Like detailing, make sure that you know *exactly* what is covered. One person will quote a "full detail" which consists of a wash, wax, vac, wipe, dress tires. A "real" detailer plans on spending at least a day on the car.

When getting a quote for ppf ask the installer what he/she considers a full kit. We have installers around here that quote a full kit and the price seems really low because they install "bikini" kits and upsell the "full" kit. Also, do you want it wrapped? Does anything need to be pulled in order to wrap it(lights, grills)? Will you want any custom pieces? Anything that the plotter will not spit out will be more as it takes time to fabricate.

FWIW, we use mostly ventureshield ultra and would charge about $975 for a "full" kit(more or less depending upon degree of difficulty). That would include hood (at least 20"), fenders, front bumper, lights, fogs, mirrors, door cups, and a rear splash piece.

Hope this helps......
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I paid $150 for 18" on the hood and fenders...3M film.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a copy and paste of the quote I got via email. The company does quality work and the best part is that they`re mobile so I can have em come out to my place.

"extended hood, partial fenders, bumper, grille area, mirrors: $635.00

complete rocker panels, lower door: $215.00

headlights: $60.00

(3M film, professional installation included.)"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Depends on car and the kit wanted. But that seems fair for full front frotection.

Mazdaspeed 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Markup is fairly insane in that field.

My experience with PPF was when I did some research into it after my wife and I bought her 2.0T Jetta in June of 2008. I ended up taking it to a highly-respected one man show who charged $450 for the full front end, using 3M Scotchguard film. He wrapped the edges, and cut to fit. The photo album on his website showing completed work is filled to the brim with exotics, so I must not be the only happy party.

I thought that was fairly reasonable at the time, although now I believe he`s $150-$200 higher. To be honest, if I had to do it over, I would have just had him apply the film to the sheet metal panels only (hood and fender fronts). Plastic bumper covers and such seem to do just fine without PPF, at least when you maintain them like most of us would. It`s the rigid steel that wants to spall off paint under impact; not so much with the plastic.

Thread Information